Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2002, 03:29 PM   #1
Dehzjogan
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Been a fan of Black Isle D&D games for some time now...got IWD2 a few days ago and have been eating it up...but now I"m stuck. At the Black Raven Monestary, after I send the two lovebirds away since I found the letter exposing the LotC to them, I can' seem to leave. The door seperating the top room from the bottom room (the area including the big sitting room, the kitchen and the bedrooms is seperated from the top area by a single door) The door is open, but my guys won't go through! Anyone experience this? Is it a glitch?

Help is appreciated! Thanks

-D
Old 09-13-2002, 04:27 PM   #2
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

I had a bug like that in the ice temple, in front of the stairway with the painting, but I don't think that is your problem.

Make sure that there is no monk staning in the way. The is a monk that move around, and he like to stand in that doorway, I had to wait a few mins for him to move.
Old 09-13-2002, 06:54 PM   #3
john
Drizzt Do'Urden

Have you gone downstairs to the 8 challanges?
Old 09-14-2002, 12:05 AM   #4
Dehzjogan
Elite Waterdeep Guard

no I haven't been down there since the monks told me not to...and I don't wanna piss em off...cuz they'll be kung fu fighting, those cats are fast as lighting!

=)

-D
Old 09-14-2002, 12:40 AM   #5
john
Drizzt Do'Urden

Talk to the guy in charge about becomming a monk and he well tell you to see the guy downstairs about doing the eight rooms or challanges,with lots of luck and repeated tries you may get through this hell and proceed,I'm still stuck on no.6 or7!!
Old 10-10-2002, 03:56 PM   #6
soulwind
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I had the same problem! I tried everything to get through the door and finally had to reload the game. That seemed to work. I believe it is a glitch and I had the same problem in IWD 1 in a few places. I do not remember when I put in the second patch, but that may take care of the problem. Good luck!
soulwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2002, 10:32 PM   #7
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I have also had similar problems with things like that before. In IWD, the original...I could not go up the ladder to the last room befoer the last battle. In IWD2, I just had that problem today, where I opened a door, got attacked from behind, and in the confusion of battle, accidently shut the door again. I could no longer go through that door...but lucky for me it was not an area transitional door. I used Shift + J to transport my party to the other side of the door to continue my game.

A door that has been unused should show up with a red outline if you hold down the ALT key. If no outline of a door is there...you have acvtivated the door, and the trigger to let you pass has been corrupted. going back to an earlier save or using the transport cheat are your only ways around this...since you cannot break into the game's scripting of taht door and reset it.
Old 10-14-2002, 10:01 PM   #8
Pyrius
Dungeon Master

I've had problems like that throughout the game....usually I'll just back my characters up and try again.....by the secondor third time it works
Old 10-14-2002, 11:08 PM   #9
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
I had that problem too in the monastery. I clicked on the stairs down. They couldn't go stand next to them like they normally would but after a bit of shuffling around the game loaded the next level and there we all were. Try that if you don't have a recent save.
Old 10-15-2002, 03:53 AM   #10
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Yeah the IE games certainly are always buggy to start out with...usually by the time i've gotten previous games they've been sufficiently patched so I didn't encounter too many probs but with IWD2 I got it practically straight away and it is defo. bug-ridden.
I had a problem with the modified mandrake root not appearing at all (had to create it into my game) and just today I think i've encountered another 'progress-halting' bug. Blah they need to make a new patch quick.
My advice is to try the CLUA codes (these things should be made an official necessity by Black Isle due to their need in addressing game bugs). With these you can move your party to any area on the screen OR any map in the game at all, why not give it a try?
I don't know the MoveToArea codes but i'm sure their around somewhere orperhaps someone on here knows em. Also you'll need to enable cheat codes in your configuration console before any of them will work at all.