Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2004, 02:33 PM   #1
Balintherlas
Symbol of Cyric

In the very begining of this chapter, the entrance to Marketh and the church and all the other important quests is guarded by seth. I was able to bludd my way out of this without a fight, I chose purple for the color, marketh for the second 1, and illamter for the third. Anyone else know this?
Old 09-27-2004, 03:23 PM   #2
NobleNick
Quintesson

Balintherlas,

No, really? I thought this was a "damned if you do, damned if you don't," type question that had no right answer. I don't recall anyone offering a solution such as you have.

How did you find this out?

--------------------
What's a party,
without a song?
Bards ROCK!
Party On!!
NobleNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 04:05 PM   #3
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Yes, I have done this, basically you reload until you guess the correct answers.

I have also encountered the damned of you do, damned if you don't were nothing seems to work. I believe charisma may affect this scenario. If your charisma is to low than you will have to fight. Not entirely sure about that just at times there seemed to be no right answer. My solo game I could not seem to find the correct combination, and my charisma was very low to boost other stats that I needed for survival.

Problem with this scenario is I don't think you get any experience from avoiding the fight and ideally you should at least get as much as killing all the theives.

[ 09-27-2004, 04:09 PM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 08:02 PM   #4
Roboghost
Manshoon

Light Bulb

I don't know the exact CHA you need (probably 15 plus), but you also need an INT of 10 plus to get past Seth the runt without a fight. The "Secret Societies" book gives you the clue to the color purple. The other clues can be discovered by talking with a NPC or two.
Roboghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 08:16 PM   #5
NobleNick
Quintesson

Ah, I see.

Well, I much prefer to get the expo; not to mention that the fight was a fun challenge.

--------------------
What's a party,
without a song?
Bards ROCK!
Party On!!
NobleNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 01:53 AM   #6
Aerich
Lord Ao

I've done it before.

Charisma may be an issue, but you might also need to talk to him with a halfling. I think I remember reading that somewhere, not sure if it's true - but I've done it with a halfling that didn't have exceptional Cha or Int, iirc. Those stats weren't in single digits, but they weren't 15+, either.
Old 09-29-2004, 08:05 AM   #7
Balintherlas
Symbol of Cyric

I talked to him with a human male fighter with 16 charisma, maybe 15