Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2002, 01:17 PM   #11
Lord Brass
Emerald Dragon

Good to finally see the fruits of your hard labour eh? [img]smile.gif[/img]

Let us know how you get on at Dorn's.

This is still my favourite party by the way. Which difficulty level have you got the game set at out of interest?

[ 10-02-2002, 01:19 PM: Message edited by: Lord Brass ]
Old 10-02-2002, 03:55 PM   #12
Vassago
Manshoon

I started out on Insane until I reached the first battle in Dragon's Eye. After several attempts and reloads, I dropped the difficulty back down to Hard and forgot about until a couple of days ago. I think I am going to raise it back up to Insane. I found the battles in Wyvrn's Tooth a little to easy compared to the battles in the Upper Dorn's Deep. Maybe I was just using the right stragety. Besides, I wouldn't mind the extra experience.
Old 10-02-2002, 04:03 PM   #13
Malavon's Rage
Elminster

Hey Lord Brass, you say monsters wont die until you make them...or just get the elements to do it for you
Old 10-02-2002, 05:43 PM   #14
Lord Brass
Emerald Dragon

You have the right of it there mate! I can't believe the difference in games between IWD and what I know of BG2. Druids and Bards are fantastic here, but in BG2 they seem to be "problem children". Maybe its just me...
Old 10-07-2002, 02:16 PM   #15
Vassago
Manshoon

This is probably going to be my last update. You see, I'm getting IWD 2 in a couple of days and will have to dedicate some time to it (most all of my gaming time ). I did get the chance to venture into the first level of Lower Dorns. Gez, what a royal pain!! This is probably the first time I ever wished I had some sort of mage. The salamanders were just annoying, but the sentries did some serious damage to me. Seeing how they were resistant to my range weapons, I was forced to go melee w/ them while they continue to hurl axes at my party. My party has low AC (I think even my druid is like AC 3), I have no shields equipped due to my weapon selection. For fun, I had my druid cast Creeping Death. This actually turned out be a helpful mistake. Although Creeping Death would do no damage to the sentries, they managed to draw their fire while my party wailed on them. I found myself resting often to regain that spell, plus hps. I encountered a tower of elven archers that I would like to have recurited on to my team. Again, major headaches with these guys. By the time my druid casted his first spell, my Ranger was reduced to like 16 hps. After several attempts at defeating these b@#$%^&s, I had my druid shapeshift into a water elemental before entering the acursed tower. That did the trick! My druid punished them severly for the pain and aganst they caused me. The next area of interest was the small town-like place in the Northwest corner. There, I encountered blinded minatours and umber hulks. I was so excited to be able to use my range weapons and cut them down like a warm knife thru butter. I have cleared out about half of the first part where these minotaurs and umber hulks live. I will keep my save game for after my adventures in IWD 2 and maybe I'll finish it up after that. So long and may you find fortune and glory

[ 10-07-2002, 02:18 PM: Message edited by: Vassago ]
Old 10-07-2002, 03:02 PM   #16
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

No! No! Vassago, you are almost done finish your game before moving to IWD2 we need to hear the final tale. Did your party get backstabbed by your thief like a previous party who tried before you or will you be successful in your quest.

Anyway good luck with IWD2 I would buy it but I think my machine would need an upgrade.
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2002, 11:32 AM   #17
Vassago
Manshoon

Sorry pritchke, I've been waiting for IWD2 since last fall. I only starting this IWD party to keep me from going insane while I waited to get IWD2. As for my party...

The band of adventures decided they needed a break. After suffering numerous close calls in Lower Dorns, they parted ways, agreeing to meet back in about 4-6 months. By then, they will be fully rested and willing to face the dangers that remain....
Old 10-13-2002, 02:58 PM   #18
Iron Spike
Dungeon Master

well if they dont finish concuering the evils in the north, i doubt your heroes in icewind dale 2 will even get a chance to destroy the next evil horde.
Iron Spike is offline   Reply With Quote