Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2003, 04:02 AM   #1
SpongeBobTheDestoyer

I'm on my 4th reload on the final battle and I have all six of my party members and Balthazar, I have ascension installed. I've killed
S

P

O

I

E

R

S

F

O

R

S

O

M

E

Illesera, Sarevok, Gromnir, Abizigail. And I have Sendai and Yaga down to near death and stunned. The only problem is they are near death for about ten minutes without dying. THIS REALLY SUCKS! Then I remembering seeing a post on here somewhere in which somebody said this is a bug of some sort that can happen. I can't find that post and I really want to fix this problem. Can someone please help me out.
Old 03-10-2003, 07:30 AM   #2
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Yea, I had that same problem, just re-install it and go and kill them all. Look out for Balthazar though, you really want to take him down as quick as you can.
Gangrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 07:36 AM   #3
daan
Silver Dragon

I've had that happening to me several times also ...
It's not a guaranteed succes, but someting that works sometimes:
Stop attacking them, and back off .. that way you give them "time" to die.
Old 03-10-2003, 08:03 AM   #4
Alson
Galvatron

Hmmm... Just a thought, but consider CLUAing "Power Word: Kill" scrolls. Worth a try.
In memory of Ilan Ramon - the first Israeli astronaut.<br /><br /><br />[url]\"http://members.chello.nl/~j.vanthull/BG2SR/Home.htm\" target=\"_blank\">BGII Spells Reference</a> - everything you ever wanted to know about spells!
Alson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2003, 12:18 AM   #5
SpongeBobTheDestoyer

Thanks for the replies guys.

Daan- I tried backing off actually. Maybe since they were stunned it didn't work.

Alson- I also tried control y-ing them and that didn't work. If that didn't help do you still think power word scrolls will?

Maybe I will reinstall like Gangrell said. But would that be everything or just Ascension?
Old 03-11-2003, 06:04 AM   #6
daan
Silver Dragon

Try power word: Kill .. its not the same as CTRL-Y ...
CTRL-Y just deals damage,.. power word: Kill just puts the enemy down.

If that one doesnt work,.. it might be an imoen's belt thing
( them being immune to everything, even insta-death spells ).

But i doubt that .. only enemies that want to say something before they die can give these kinds of problems. But none of the five says something before they die.

Anywayz, considering the slim chance they all wear something that keeps them from dying, try cluaing in some Shapeshift (lvl 9 ) scrolls and sucking their brains out as a Mind Flayer.

If all else fails reload [img]tongue.gif[/img]

P.s. When I encountered the problem it did usually solve itself .. how long have you backed off / hit them again ?
If its more than 5 minutes of hitting them and backing off for a while reload .. else.. keep trying is all I can say.
Very annoying bug
Old 03-11-2003, 10:49 AM   #7
Gabrielles blades
Baaz Draconian

I didnt encounter this problem

Here is how the final battle went for me:
Killed Illesera Gromnir & Abizigail (balthazar was on my side)

Sendai kept teleporting everywhere so my guys were chasing around for a long time
yagashura i had minsc and imoen beating on - they were only doing 1 damage every hit, so it took *forever* to get him down to near death.

So...chasing around sendai and beating yaga shura down for around 10 minutes, and finaly, melissan comes out of the power flow (BEFORE sendai and yagashura were dead!) but they died shortly after melissan showed up; so i suppose the reason they arent dieng for you is that melissan is supposed to spawn before they fall.
Gabrielles blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2003, 10:54 AM   #8
daan
Silver Dragon

True, she has her little talk and then goes Berserk with her neet little spear and -unleashes- ... that spear is scary,.. if you fail your save there's some MAJOR additional damage [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img]
Old 03-11-2003, 07:59 PM   #9
Imrahil
Elminster

I encountered this same problem with some of them refusing to die &, unfortunately, found that reloading was the only cure. I didn't try any different tactics (since I knew I could... um, *should*... be able to kill them with my original tactics) but had different results.

So, as annoying as it may be, try reloading but go ahead & use the same tactics that got you there in the first place - sometimes they work, sometimes your enemies are invulnerable.

Still enjoy Ascension EndGame much more than the original, even with the chance of a wasted effort.

- Imrahil
Imrahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 01:52 PM   #10
Alson
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by daan:
True, she has her little talk and then goes Berserk with her neet little spear and -unleashes- ... that spear is scary,.. if you fail your save there's some MAJOR additional damage [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img]
Fortunately, we saved those "+20 to saves" potions for the Final Battle... [img]smile.gif[/img]

We did save some, right? [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img]

No? Pro-Magical-Weapons scrolls? Mind Flayer Circlets?! Nothing?!
In memory of Ilan Ramon - the first Israeli astronaut.<br /><br /><br />[url]\"http://members.chello.nl/~j.vanthull/BG2SR/Home.htm\" target=\"_blank\">BGII Spells Reference</a> - everything you ever wanted to know about spells!
Alson is offline   Reply With Quote