Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-2003, 02:40 AM   #11
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Well, it's gotta be your connection to the internet Charlie, because I have been monitering the server for the last 4 days VERY closely, and since the upgrade and archive, the forum has had 80% less time-outs. Today, we had 4, we USUALLY get 24-45 (because of Gencon being so huge).

All I can say, is that it's not this server. You may want to do a tracert in dos, and see which server is timing out, because it's not IW.

PS: Just a reminder--Anytime anyone gets slowdowns or errors or it 'stops', don't automaticly blame IW, because in most cases, it's not us at all, but your connection.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 12-27-2003, 02:44 AM   #12
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

No Z, I'm sorry to say buddy it happend me today for quite awhile too. Can we make a sticky thread about this rather than people making multiples (I've seen 4 in past month)? That way you can monitor whats going on with everyone and check it against server status.

Seriously, it is not our connections it is IW. I have checked on 4 different PC's both dial up and braodband, here and at work. I have seen dozens of people post this since I started getting it to, it can't be coincidence.

Edit: Oh and for those of you who say It's fine lately/today, unless you have visited the site at least 2 seperate times in the day it does not count. It only seems to happen when you bounce back after browsing/posting earlier. Granted sometimes it can happen the first time you hit but more often than not it happens this way - seriously (I lost a large post today due to it and had forgotten to copy so I gave up and left in frustration).

[ 12-27-2003, 02:49 AM: Message edited by: SpiritWarrior ]
Old 12-27-2003, 02:49 AM   #13
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Hmmm.. Very weird, I've seen many posts of people not having any problems too. It COULD be that the people having troubles are coming into the Roadrunner servers at different routes, and one of these routes are hitting a crappy server OR it's the Undermountain Server.

I'll try something. I will keep the NWN Mod offline all day tomorrow and the next day, and see if you are still getting these errors. If so, it's a bandwidth problem.

Post here this time tomorrow--all that have trouble, k?

Stickied!

Old 12-27-2003, 02:52 AM   #14
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Will do, mate. This all started about 1-2 months before your PC was fried by that surge (so it wasn't the surge itself AFAIK) this is the only way I can remember it. I remember you sent me a message asking me what problems I was experiencing and I explained it to you then - this is the same thing. I wonder, maybe It's the newest host?

Another edit: Just to let u know this morning it was fine. I posted a message about swords in GC and then returned an hour later to check and it was still fine. About 5 hours later it started *.

[ 12-27-2003, 02:56 AM: Message edited by: SpiritWarrior ]
Old 12-27-2003, 02:56 AM   #15
shadowhound
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by SpiritWarrior:
Edit: Oh and for those of you who say It's fine lately/today, unless you have visited the site at least 2 seperate times in the day it does not count.
I visit IW 3-4 times on a daily basis (yes I know I need a life) and have not had any problems.
Old 12-27-2003, 02:58 AM   #16
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by SpiritWarrior:
Will do, mate. This all started about 1-2 months before your PC was fried by that surge (so it wasn't the surge itself AFAIK) this is the only way I can remember it. I remember you sent me a message asking me what problems I was experiencing and I explained it to you then - this is the same thing. I wonder, maybe It's the newest host?
I hope the Motherboard's IO circuits are not messed up, or shorting... I may do a 'burn-in' test on the Motherboard and check each item on the board..

I plan to upgrade this server to an AMD 2800 XP. Right now, we're on an 1800 XP.

God, I'd LOVE to have 2 SATA Raptor 10,000rpm hard drives Raided! This forum would be 300% faster! But those drives are mega expensive. I need to win a lotto!

Old 12-27-2003, 03:24 AM   #17
Jorath Calar
Harper

All is fine here, been logging to IW on and of for the past 48 hours and not had any troubles ever...

By the way this "Quick Reply" thingie is awesome... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-27-2003, 03:40 AM   #18
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Yeah, I'm using it a LOT too!

Old 12-27-2003, 04:57 AM   #19
Charlie
Lord Ao

No Z, it's not my connection mate. This is basically the only place I have trouble. Usually you X out, return 10 - 20 min's later and it's ok again. I know from speaking on MSN etc that others in different countries are experiencing the exact same thing. Refresh doesn't help, you gotta X right out, wait, then relog in. Today was the worst I've had from 4:45 AM GMT to 6:43 AM GMT, all other sites were fine.
[img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/england1.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />One Love, Peace. [img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/pissr.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> [img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/piss.gif\" alt=\" - \" />
Old 12-27-2003, 05:11 AM   #20
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

It will be very cool if everyone that posts here with down reports follows the examples posted above and mentions the time that down-time was experienced...and maybe who your ISP is and if it is dial-up or cable or DSL. That would help Ziroc out alot I bet in finding the problem.