Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-2001, 12:00 AM   #1
KattB
Dungeon Master

ok, my two days are now going on 3 and he keeps saying I come back in 2 days.
I got rid of everything in my sack and my armer. can I still go out with the rest of the party or do I have to do it alone?
can I use a cure spell on others or myself if needed?
and does putting it on pause and going back time to time (it does change in time the time and day to night, etc.) or does that not work for the monk thing. (that is what I have been doing)can't go out at night and just sitting by the gate is a pain. so tried to hurry the time with out having to fight anyone.
Kathy
KattB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2001, 12:03 AM   #2
Mr-Eiz
Drow Warrior

Do A Search
for Monk
I asked that question last week and got
all the help i needed

Don't Sweat the Small Stuff...
Always take time to stop and smell the roses and
sooner or later, you'll inhale a bee.

------------------
T H A N K S
Eiz
Mr-Eiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2001, 12:41 AM   #3
Tempus
Elite Waterdeep Guard

You can't use the pause trick during the monk quest. Paused time doesn't count.
Tempus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2001, 08:52 AM   #4
sirspitfyre
Elite Waterdeep Guard

It's quuite simple if you don't mind a bit of "cheating"? Just set the character in a safe alcove just outside town walla. Next go shopping or watch a movie or something, basically let time roll. make sure sun fully sets and rises twice, presto your a monk, Kun Fu Fighting all the way.

I only did this after having my pixie preist Trishka running around naked with my party for days, I didn't and still don't know if the character "has" to be alone for this, no one said so as in the case of a Barbarian.

Good luck

sirspitfyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2001, 10:19 AM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Katt - are you a monk yet???

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2001, 11:20 AM   #6
KattB
Dungeon Master

no I am not a monk yet. I kept trying the pause thing. my husband is not into games, other then chess and we 'fight', over who has use of the computer. (he is handycaped so not a lot else for him to do) so if no one is on, he goes on. he gets very confused and a bit perterbed when I am sitting across the room watching tv and no one is on the computer yet I won't let him on it. lol, maybe I need to do it 3am.
btw....how many real time hours does it take to go through two days, does anyone know?
Kathy
Old 04-08-2001, 11:42 AM   #7
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Katt: You guys need 2 computers!

The only way I know to keep track of time is to watch the Sun. It's generally best to start the Monk quest close to sunrise or sunset, as that's pretty much the only true measure of when a day passes. If you start in the middle of the day or the middle of the night, wait until the next daybreak or sunset after the two day interval before you check back in just to be on the safe side.

Game time to real time is variable, depending on what you're doing. I've noticed that if you're talking to NPC's, time shoots by, as it does if you're battling monsters. Just walking around makes time pass by normally, and standing still will make time pass very slowly. Best bet is to go visit wilderness NPC's (Erzebette, Kerielle, Bilbump, Jathil, etc.) and talk repeatedly about everything. Time seems to pass very quickly that way.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2001, 11:43 AM   #8
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Oh..on the pause thing. What Tempus said above is correct. The game doesn't recognize that as passed time, even though the days are passing.

-Sazerac
Old 04-08-2001, 02:04 PM   #9
KattB
Dungeon Master

hmmm. that means my letting the stand while I go do something else makes it go more slow? also, if I check in before the two days are up, does that 'reset' the days? It has been about one day now, or close to it, I just checked in for the 2nd time and was told two more days, not one more day, two. so..does that mean I have to more or less start over? also, and if I go a day or to past 2 days, does that mean I failed?
I want this monk thing as it will be some time before I get the baton for the other. I want to get better at fighting the dang plants first, then get in and out the castle before I go for the baton. can we ever talk to the dragon, be friends with it?
Kathy
Old 04-08-2001, 02:24 PM   #10
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

The jury's still out on the "checkback" thing. Some say it does reset it, some say it doesn't. I'd err on the side of conservatism and steer clear of the Dojo until the 2 days are up, just to be on the safe side. Save before you go into the town and check. If it doesn't give you credit for it, reload and wait some more.

-Sazerac