Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2003, 07:58 PM   #1
offkilter
Welcomed New User

I am finding myself not playing Dungeon Seige because something else is always in the CD rom drive and it's a pain to swap it out for the DS disk. Since I do have a retail copy of DS, does anyone know of a download that would allow me to play without constantly having to put the disk in. And don't try to call me a pirate. I have paid for every game I have ever played. Unfortunately for my wife. Thanks
Old 09-28-2003, 08:17 PM   #2
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Welcome to IWs Offkilter [img]smile.gif[/img]

Unfortunately I can't help you re finding a patch to fix that for you. Can you maybe put your CPU closer to where you sit so it isn't such a pain to switch CDs?

Reality Show Recaps
Old 09-28-2003, 08:28 PM   #3
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
While this is a gaming site, you would still get more applicable answers from the Miscelanious Games forum.

P.S. since most people here are not about to take your word at having paid for the game or risk their accounts for giving the information you seek, might you be willing to scan the receipt into the computer and post it in this thread? That and give us all the information EBAY would give us if we asked them for it? That way we can verify your identity, run up any existing credit cards you have, etc. etc. etc.

P.P.S. Just messin with ya.

[img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]
Welcome to IronWorks!
[img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]

[ 09-28-2003, 08:32 PM: Message edited by: Firestormalpha ]

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Old 09-28-2003, 08:59 PM   #4
offkilter
Welcomed New User

Thank you guys for giving me such a warm welcome! I guess you are right about not being able to take peoples word for having bought the game. And it's no big deal, just thought I'd see if it could be done. I would hate for my post to be seen by someone who would use it to do something illegal. Anyway, thanks for the welcome. See you around.
Old 09-28-2003, 09:05 PM   #5
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

There are no-CD cracks available from somewhere, but I do not know personally what those websites are. Somebody on here will though...but you will have to wait for that right person to wake up or come home from work to read this thread and tell you. We are an international site, mostly invaded by Canadians and Aussies I think. Pity. Anyway, hang tight and you'll get help from somebody.

Oh, and Welcome! You don't have to be so defensive! Your question is a valid one, if it is a no-CD Crack that you are looking for, which the webmaster approves of.
Old 09-28-2003, 09:18 PM   #6
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Welcome to IW, mate. I can pm you the URL to a site where you can download the NO-CD crack for this game but are we waiting for a 'go-ahead' before I do or has Larry authorized it? I gathered from the rules that talk of No-CD cracks are allowed [img]smile.gif[/img] .

No Piracy: DO NOT post links to 'warez sites'. Do not discuss pirating games, bragging about pirating or anything else. This will get your account suspended or banned. The only possible thing you CAN discuss is the so-called 'cracks' for no CD operation. SOME Games don't work on some peoples CD-ROM's. This is because of a special copy protection called 'Safe Disc'. But that is it. Anything else is considered pirating

[ 09-28-2003, 09:24 PM: Message edited by: SpiritWarrior ]
Old 09-28-2003, 09:37 PM   #7
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
SpiritWarrior, from your posting of the rule in question it would appear that offkilter's request is perfectly legit. give him the bloody URL.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Old 09-28-2003, 09:38 PM   #8
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Done, my child!
Old 09-28-2003, 10:23 PM   #9
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

Welcome to the lunny bin but I wonder, is there anyway to find a site, that can help me find my stupid cd???? lol, think my mom sold it
Old 09-28-2003, 11:46 PM   #10
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

www.megagames.com is the best known website for no-cd patches.