Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2003, 06:46 AM   #1
Grungi
Banned User

i completed the game, and have no urge whatsoever to play it through again even with another char, i didnt even bother with my henchman at the final battle, and was a level 17 warrior when i finished (got up to strength 30 [img]smile.gif[/img] ) its really annoying now, cos i dont even feel like doing the extra level designs etc now or playing other mods, games like BG id still want to keep going, but for some reason now i finished it this one seems pointless, bah to it oh well next stop; to play another acquisition, icewind dale lets see whether that one can last it.

see you all elsewhere on the forums [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Grungi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2003, 02:03 PM   #2
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

What I am seeing here is somebody that has found many flaws in others' creativity...and knows that he can build a better game. That is the kinda of game I am looking for! Somebody who is as critical as you are would make a most fascinating game because you are very hard to please,,,and know how things should be done with such a conviction as to have made this topic in frustration for those that have (in your mind) not thought things out well enough.

Are you planning on or already have created your own module?
I am interested in it seeing it!

PS...this post is not made in sarcasm...I am being honest.
I would really like to play a game that you create. I am sure it would be an excellent adventure.
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2003, 02:16 PM   #3
realbinky
Elminster

If I may put words in Grungi's mouth. I think he would have played Z's mod if he could have gotten more into the game. He's just saying it didn't grab him enough to try something else in the same game.

Check his sig, he owes you a weasel.
Old 01-03-2003, 03:16 PM   #4
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Oh, I am not offended, but am left puzzled. I obviously do not share the feeling of let-down with the game, but I have not done anything on the game much except build my own worlds. I have not even got out of level two of the single-player, and have only played mods that my friends have built special for me and our team. As to my main focus, I live doing my own worlds...so others can have fun in something I built with my imagination. So therefore, I love this game, only because it allows me to use my creativity to make others happy.
Old 01-04-2003, 08:03 AM   #5
homer
Manshoon

I also am not sure I understand the disappointment. Is Grungi saying that the single player game was too easy or is he saying NWN in general is just a bad game design?

The comments would suggest the former. If this is the case I believe that Grungi should try some of the available mods or build his own, as suggested.
Old 01-08-2003, 08:43 AM   #6
Grungi
Banned User

larry when i was around 10 or so i wrote about 5 complete rpg systems replete with storylines strong characters and plenty of background info, just i had time back then to do things like that, all of my rpgs were well received by friends, so yes i probably could do better but i have some problems
1) lazy bastad [img]smile.gif[/img]
2) women, football, actually playing games takes precedence now
3) im very creative but not very focused except over short periods of time

i was let down by the game, simple as that and i feel theres alot i would have done to change it, i used the level editor and created a quick module with a plot etc but gave up as soon as i got onto the advanced scripts after about 3 hours of playing around with it, if i had someone on hand to help me with those id be back on it in a flash.

but i have proposed to the guy writing BGIII that we work together on it so you may see some of my work if he accepts [img]smile.gif[/img]

btw the level editor is superb... i have no problems with it whatsoever and i think the modular design is excellent, it was the overall design and plot of the packaged single player game that let me down....
Old 01-08-2003, 08:44 AM   #7
Grungi
Banned User

oh and yeah the single player was too easy and too linear [img]tongue.gif[/img]