Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2003, 06:55 AM   #11
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by TheCrimsomBlade:
Some opinionated rant
PLEASE, PLEASE tell me you don't really believe that
PLEASE be more considerate about others, CrimsonBlade, as you reduce the impact of your own arguement by resorting childishly to words like "Greedy towel head". Make no mistake, I am VERY, VERY angry with that remark-some of my best friends are from Iraq and the other middle-eastern countries, but I'm not going to resort to flinging sterotyped views about Americans.
Of course, it doesn't matter what I say because I'm one of those "narrow minded people that can't do anything but wine about saving some damn bird in some rocky area that is good for nothing but being a frozen waist land".
May I venture my opinion here, seeing as you are?
I doubt you'd like it. You'd probably start bitchin' 'cause I'm from Britain.

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Old 03-14-2003, 07:33 AM   #12
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Quote:
When this planet if free of narrow minded people
However, I must pick up on this: How do you define "narrow minded" TCB? Not agreeing with the US? Isn't that rather narrow-minded of you?

EDITED for..stuff...

[ 03-14-2003, 07:34 AM: Message edited by: Kaltia ]

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Old 03-14-2003, 07:36 AM   #13
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

Edited, not sure what happened there but Groj made an extremely amusing and accurate remark which I quoted. As soon as I've posted its gone! If he doesn't want it left in then I won't quote it. Suffice to say I'm in 100% agreement.

[ 03-14-2003, 07:40 AM: Message edited by: Barry the Sprout ]
[img]\"http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sproutman/certwist.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br /><i>\"And the angels all pallid and wan,<br />Uprising, unveiling, affirm,<br />That the play is the tragedy, man,<br />And its hero the Conquerer Worm.\"</i><br /> - Edgar Allan Poe
Old 03-14-2003, 07:47 AM   #14
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry the Sprout:
Edited, not sure what happened there but Groj made an extremely amusing and accurate remark which I quoted. As soon as I've posted its gone! If he doesn't want it left in then I won't quote it. Suffice to say I'm in 100% agreement.
I removed it as it was perhaps a little too much... The last thing we need is feeding the troll. I suppose the mods will deal with him shortly, anyways.
Old 03-14-2003, 07:51 AM   #15
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Same with my post [img]smile.gif[/img]
ROFL @ that, Grolijar!
However, I don't think TCB is "trolling" as per such, just being very rude.

Old 03-14-2003, 08:28 AM   #16
Desdicado
Zhentarim Guard

C'mon guys, I support crimson blades right to his opinions. They are probably shared by a lot of Americans.
I think in Britain we are far too "PC" and touchy feely about hurting every minorities feelings. Get over it I say. If you can't stand the heat etc.
It's easy to say not to stereotype but we all do it, consciously or subconsciously. All I would say to crimson is get spell check my friend.

"waist land" come on?, are we talking about an Americans expanding belly here?.
Old 03-14-2003, 10:07 AM   #17
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Desdicado:
C'mon guys, I support crimson blades right to his opinions. They are probably shared by a lot of Americans.
I think in Britain we are far too "PC" and touchy feely about hurting every minorities feelings. Get over it I say. If you can't stand the heat etc.
It's easy to say not to stereotype but we all do it, consciously or subconsciously. All I would say to crimson is get spell check my friend.

Desdicado, it's not that we deny Crimsomblade's right to voice his opinions. But the least he could do is voice them with a little bit more respect, both towards those who disagree with them ("then move to Iraq" and "your opinions don't mean anything to true Americans") and said minorities he's insulting...
This has nothing to do with us being too "PC". This isn't debating, this is disrespectful ranting for the sake of offending as many of those who disagree with him as possible.
If he voiced his opinions in a decent way ("I agree with the oil drilling because [insert decent arguments without unprovoked (personal) insults and attacks ]"), no one would have reacted to his post in the way they did.
Maybe you think his way of bringing his opinions is alright, but here at Ironworks, we actually try to avoid mudslinging and rudeness and try to debate matters in a mature and respectful way. If we all "debated" like Crimsomblade does, Ironworks would not have been the globally friendly place that it is now.

[ 03-14-2003, 10:22 AM: Message edited by: Grojlach ]
Old 03-14-2003, 10:18 AM   #18
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Desdicado:

I fully support, and always have, everyone's right to voice their opinions. However, that does not grant them the right to be abusive, inflammatory, and disrespectful; which are three things that Crimsomblade has done, at the very least, in his post.

May I call everyone's attention to this snippet of the ToS?

Be Clean: Adhere to decency and refrain from abusive or hateful language, while cussing isn't censored, please don't direct the words towards someone in a hateful or demeaning way. Also, Cussing 'just to be cussing' will land you with an account suspension if it becomes too much. Also, don't put an expletive in the title of your post. It will be deleted.

While in a debate, or have a difference of opinion, please do not take it as an attack. We will close accounts of people that attack others, be it in a subtle way, or a deliberate loud way.

Although cussing was not used, the abuse and hateful part is definitely there. Crimsomblade, I STRONGLY suggest that you cease and desist from any further posts such as the one you made in this thread.

-Sazerac

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 03-14-2003, 11:19 AM   #19
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
The Oil in Alaska will net the U.S.A. 700 trillion dollars and distroy Opec and the rest of the Greedy towel headed terrior seekers. I say Go for it BUSH!! and if anybody doesn't like it then move to Irac and if you don't live in the U.S.A. then your statements meen nothing at all to the true Americans. When this planet if free of narrow minded people that can't do anything but wine about saving some damn bird in some rocky area that is good for nothing but being a frozen waist land the world will be all the better. If anybody really believes that drilling for oil in the frozen north is going to distroy the world then sell all your cars disconnect the power from your homes buy a horse and burn trees to stay warm, oh thats right you want to save the trees, well then cuddle up with the horse to stay warm on those cold nights with no oil for your stove and if your lucky the wind won't blow the tree over onto your house and kill you in your sleep! WA! WA! WA! WA! WA! GO BUSH GO BUSH GO BUSH and I'm a Democrate and Voted for Bush Hopeing he would Drill for oil in Alaska and through all the Clintonites out of our government once and for all.
[img]graemlins/troll.jpg[/img]
Old 03-14-2003, 11:43 AM   #20
khazadman
User suspended until [Feb13]

Towel heads? I suppose someone should tell the Venezuelans they have been lumped in with the Iraqis and Iranians.