Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2001, 07:10 PM   #1
wyclef
Welcomed New User

I just bought the game used today, but I didn't get any manual with it I know there is a html-manual on the cd but that's really no good
so I just had some questions about the game...

how does the "turn-based" mode work actually, I didn't notice any difference when changing between the two modes, the monsters seemed to still be banging away at me

hmm I had some more questions too but I seem to have forgotten about them allready, but I would really appreciate help with the so-called turnbased mode, because I hate playing rpg's were the success is dependant on how good/fast you can aim and click
wyclef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2001, 07:38 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

It will seem like they are banging away at you when you first start the game, even in turn-based mode. Don't worry, it gets a lot better! This game will not depend on how fast you are with your controls if you keep yourself set on turn-base.

Hope you have fun!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2001, 07:43 PM   #3
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Ya, before you know it, you'll be killing monsters in groups, rather than individually. All heroes start out small, and end up big: + =

------------------
Nanobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2001, 07:08 AM   #4
carg
The Magister

As far as I can remember, the online manual is the same as the paper manual that comes with the game. It's not that good, but you can find answers to a fair amount of questions anyway.
Turn-based combat: as soon as monsters have attacked you, they will join the turn-based combat, before that they will be free to move. This makes that monsters can almost always get the first attack, and distance weapons and area spells are hard to use. But once they're in close combat with you, they'll patiently wait on their turn, so no fast clicking is needed then.
carg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2001, 11:45 AM   #5
wyclef
Welcomed New User

my main problem with the online manual is that it's all in one long file with no links or possibilities to browse through it more easily, why not just make an index with links to all the different sections at the beginning? geez

and thanks for the help with the turnbased mode, I was starting to wonder how it worked when some monsters just seemed to walk away from the combat even when it was supposed to be turnbased
wyclef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2001, 05:01 AM   #6
carg
The Magister

Yeah, they didn't make the online manual as nice as it could be. If you print it you'll have the same as the paper manual, but in this form at least you can search.
Trolls are about the only creatures who sometimes will fail their morale, and will run away. In that case you might need to click quickly if you want to catch them, or use distance attacks.
carg is offline   Reply With Quote