Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2001, 03:11 PM   #1
dc_kilamachine
Welcomed New User

I am a new fan of ad&d, so i picked up iwd. the problem i have, is that when one of my characters die... i dont know how to revive them.

Please help me, because i have to restart the game every time one of my chars die.

Thx
DC_KILAMCHINE
dc_kilamachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2001, 03:20 PM   #2
Silent Bob
Elite Waterdeep Guard

You have to make a visit to the nearest town and find a priest. Ask for healing and you will have the option to ressurect the character. Be sure to get all the itens that your dead character dropped!! Later in the game if you are playing with the cleric you will have acess to the ressurection spells.
Silent Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2001, 03:31 PM   #3
Arwin Shadowsteel
Elite Waterdeep Guard

If you're a Cleric I think you get Raise Dead at Spell level 5. I'm not sure which level you're cleric has to be to use level 5 spells however. Anyway, before that level I usually just load the latest save and replay the battle, rather than taking his corpse to the priest for resurrection. That's too much work for me and it goes much faster just to replay the battle, most of the times. And by the way, you can't resurrect an elf with raise dead. Anyone know why it is like that?

And another thing, be sure to use quick save a lot so you don't have to replay to much if you happen to die.

-Arwin Shadowsteel
Arwin Shadowsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2001, 03:42 PM   #4
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

Also, once you get enough money saved up, you can buy resurrection scrolls from the same priests. Carry them with you and when you need to resurrect someone, just pop the scroll into the quick slot, click on it, and click on the character to resurrect. This saves you from having to reload tough battles and you don't have to travel back to the priests.

------------------
Most Subtle Official Straightman of the Laughing Hyenas -- Grammarian Brigade.
Father Bronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2001, 03:59 PM   #5
dc_kilamachine
Welcomed New User

thx for all the info i will use i in the game

DC_KILAMACHINE
dc_kilamachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2001, 07:30 PM   #6
Arwin Shadowsteel
Elite Waterdeep Guard

How much do the resurrection scrolls cost by the way?
Aren't they very expensive?

Anyway, whatever they cost I'd have to say that they're worth the price since you won't have any other use for most of your money anyway. And it's really annoying to replay a tough battle because just one of your chars died. I think I had around 120.000 gp when I finished the game. Too bad I couldn't keep the money when I started my HoW game with the same chars. And why couldn't I keep the money? That makes no sense since it's the same characters and they could keep all the other items. Hmm....

Well, good luck in your further adventuring

-Arwin Shadowsteel
Arwin Shadowsteel is offline   Reply With Quote