Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2001, 11:38 PM   #51
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by mistral4543:
(ooc: Nice one, Larry! Could you do me another favour and bring the party to the throne room? I have smtg rather impt to say in the next ooc message accompanying my next post)

Check your e-mail...I want to ask you a few questions about some ideas...hehe...let me know immediately, as I will be waiting for a response tonight.

edit...by the way...This time zone stuff is weird! I mean,,,This afternoon, while I was at work, Mistral is going to bed. Tonight, after I had my dinner and am ready to finish up for the evening, Mistral comes back on to say good morning! What a world we live in!
concerning playing NWN...I suppose that I would be available nights on Week-days, and maybe, if I got up really early in the mornings, I might be able to do some battle as well. I live in NC, which is East Coast. I have no idea what that means to the rest of the world though, most importantly, you all.

[This message has been edited by Larry_OHF (edited 10-09-2001).]
Old 10-10-2001, 12:18 AM   #52
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Well since the story has stopped at present is there any way I can sneak myself into the storyline?

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."

Overlord of all that I behold and anything that i happen to not notice either.

Founding Hamlet of the HADB.
Old 10-10-2001, 12:50 AM   #53
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Just as Larry made his frustrations known aloud, the ship starts to tremble once more. Larry looks up, thinking that his Goddess has decided to punish him for his crime, yet he notices that the stars are spinning...then the thought occured to him that stars really don't spin... so the ship must be moving. Larry runs up to the side of the ship, and looks over.
He almost fainted from fright. The ship was sinking into the depths of the sea! A large whirlpool was swallowing the ship whole, and Larry could not get his thoughts straight.

"The shaking that we felt earlier must have been some sort of anchor to stop us at this point, and now, we are doomed!
NO! I have failed my friends! I cannot take this!"

Not knowing who to turn to, Larry takes out the only companion he had left at the moment.
Nightblade.
Her soft blue hue was now shining like a blue wild-fire.
Larry tried to reason that Nightblade's reaction was her way of saying that elven magic was at work.
If that were so, then maybe they would all survive this ordeal.
Maybe Sea-elves were most likely attempting to capture some prisoners to torment.
Wild-eyed, Larry says to his blade...

"Let them try!
I have Nightblade, the most fierce weapon ever!
And if not, then certainly Spree's tongue will win the day!"

That was the last thing Larry would say for a while.
The ship began to shake violently on its way to the bottom of the sea, where danger and a chance at life, and maybe Mistral all awaited him. He would have his chance at making his father proud, after all!

================================================== ==============================

Waking up felt like walking into a swarm of bees. Every nerve on his body was screaming for attention. Larry stood, and brought Nightblade up in a defensive stance in front of him. All he saw were huge walls of coral, most likely, and it appeared he was in a cavern...for the water was at his feet, and the ship was turned on it's side about 200km behind him, obviously ruined beyond repair. He sees K. Spree and Deiter to his right. Deiter, obviously had found K. Spree and ran to her side immediately. Larry was glad that Deiter had realized who the most important person in the pary was at the moment. Spree's knowledge of the beings they were soon to meet could get them out of this mess. Behind him, Larry spotted Kaz, just now awakening from her sleep. She shook herself off and waved in his direction to let Larry know she was fine. Larry looked back at Deiter. Deiter responded silently that Spree was ok, as well. Larry began to walk foward to investigate the tunnel, but then a streak came across the room and caught Larry in the chest, that he again found the ground. He heard strange voices, and realized that they were being surrounded by their hosts. Larry sheathed his weapon at the realization of the uslessness to fight at the moment, and motioned for the others to do the same.
He did not have to. Already, Kaz had been grabbed and more were surrounding Deiter and Spree. Deiter did not make a move from her side, and their captors had to pull him away. There was just too many of them to hope for a fair battle. Maybe one would present itself soon.

They were bound by seeweed cords and taken to a reception area...then forced into the next room. The room was very well furnished with many jewels of every kind in the world. In the middle of it all, was an increadibly large throne, and on it sat their jailer.

Larry waited patiently for the proceedings to begin.

[This message has been edited by Larry_OHF (edited 10-10-2001).]
Old 10-10-2001, 12:59 AM   #54
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by AzureWolf:
Well since the story has stopped at present is there any way I can sneak myself into the storyline?

On page 1 of this thread, both K. Spree, (the leader of this adventure), and I made mention of the reason why nobody else could fit in at the moment.
Quote:
Quoted by K. Spree on pg. 1
...Oh and for all who want to join, for the remainder of this plot I believe we should refrain from newcomers. When the tavern is open we'll welcome them with open arms, but for now I think it would be less chaotic to close it off to the current people.

No offense, my friend...at the moment, we are in a very detailed set of 5 sub-plots...

------------------

3rd Member of the Ancient OHF and Diamond Ranger of the ALSB (secretarial position & Ambassador)
Father of the wicked but cute child known as MaryBeth

Padre de una niña bien traviosa pero guapa
---------------------
Aisukuríimu ga tabetái desu.

Old 10-10-2001, 01:03 AM   #55
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
On page 1 of this thread, both K. Spree, (the leader of this adventure), and I made mention of the reason why nobody else could fit in at the moment.
Quote:
Quoted by K. Spree on pg. 1
...Oh and for all who want to join, for the remainder of this plot I believe we should refrain from newcomers. When the tavern is open we'll welcome them with open arms, but for now I think it would be less chaotic to close it off to the current people.

No offense, my friend...at the moment, we are in a very detailed set of 5 sub-plots...

No problemo
I just felt in the mood for a little roleplaying
Gimme a hoot when I can join in later then

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."

Overlord of all that I behold and anything that i happen to not notice either.

Founding Hamlet of the HADB.
Old 10-10-2001, 01:06 AM   #56
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

"You've arrived… at last." Meldrin's caustic voice grates on the nerves of all around him. Turning to Mistral ~ "Really, Mistral, sometimes I wonder if they're truly your friends… they've certainly taken their time to get here!" Almost immediately, he continues ~ "Chani! You've grown since I last saw you… strange company you're getting into these days. But I haven't the time to carry out a full discourse with all of you. Not that I'd be interested to, in the first place…"

"I seek a blade formerly possessed by Mistral's father; it is commonly known as the Brightblade . It seems I was earlier confused in mistaking it to be a long sword; it is in fact a katana with a scythe symbol at the base of its hilt. If my memory does not fail me, it glows with a greenish tint at times…in any case, that is all you need to know.

Seek for it within the city above these waters; my minions have blocked all exit passages since some time ago, so the katana should still be there. Enter the sewers or whatnots if need be; I really do not care. Just bring it back to me." ~ Takes a deep breath before continuing ~ " Mistral will stay here until you return. If you do not, she will die and I shall come after you, anyway. One last matter: I wouldn't advise you to take too long; I'm not known for my patience." ~ Snaps his fingers - the cords on the prisoners instantly become undone and fall harmlessly onto the ground.~ "Serephine, send your troops away; I'm getting giddy at the sight of them. When Mistral's friends are ready to go, send them off. As they'll need whatever help they can get for this quest, leave them... and their equipment... alone." ~ Serephine bows obsequiously before him, then whips around and barks orders for her subordinates to march off.~

Before long, the guards have disappeared from the room... and unsurprisingly, Meldrin as well. He really enjoys teleporting, almost as much as Waverider does, Mistral thinks wryly. It must be a hundred years ago since I was back at his lair...

But there is no time to lose. Mistral rushes forward, then momentarily pauses at her tracks as she recognises an additional familiar face to the group of Larry, Deiter and Killing Spree. ~ Why, it's Kaz! What's she doing here? ~ Remembering the urgency of the situation, she steps forth again, face burning with shame ~ "I… I can't tell you how sorry I am for getting you into this. These are all I have that I can spare - please, take them."

~ Her hands fumble in the hidden pockets of her robe and she extracts a neatly rolled bundle of priest scrolls, handing them to Larry.~ "Thank you for remembering me, Larry. I..." ~ Her voice trembles and she hesitates, before abruptly turning to Deiter. She draws out a set of potions from her robe and pushes them into his hands.~ "It seems you have returned my service... friend." ~ Turning to the little elf ~ "Hello, Kaz. We meet under the strangest circumstances." ~ She fingers her remaining protection of fire resistance ring - pauses for a brief moment - before extracting it and placing it in Kaz's delicate hands.~ Finally facing Killing Spree, Mistral gives a timid smile ~ "I have many questions, Killing Spree. Questions which I feel you have answers to... perhaps, at another opportune time, we may sit down and have a proper chat."~ She then stoops down to untie her boots of speed. Wordlessly, she lifts and deposits them into Killing Spree's hands.~

"I've no use for these anyway, while I'm here. Good luck, my friends. " ~ The floodgates to her tears open and her body convulses from an inner struggle ~ "I've wronged you, and pray that one day, I shall be able to make amends." ~ I must not delay them any longer... ~ Throwing a final lingering glance at Larry, Mistral dashes out of the room without giving the others any opportunity to react. ~

=====================================
{ooc: After this post, I will try to come up with the history of the blade. Ahem.. I'll also leave it to the others' creativity to figure out how the party is transported back up

On a more serious note - My fellow colleague is leaving the unit and until a replacement comes, I'm covering for both posts. It will definitely be a more hectic time, so it's highly likely that I will not be able to contribute as much as before, at least for the time being. Nevertheless, I shall do what I can.

As for the posting arrangement, please go ahead without me, ie do NOT wait for me when it's supposedly my turn. If any of you really would like to jerk my character into action, you may do so with my blessings - I will add in my inputs whenever I can. Otherwise, I'm fine with her rotting in the current spot (just have to think of more sub-sub-plots / sub-plots ... argh, racking my poor brain...). Lastly, I am keenly looking forward to the development of your respective sub-plots as well as the main one. As always, have fun!

END OF INCREDIBLY LONG POST. Teehehe... }

[This message has been edited by mistral4543 (edited 10-10-2001).]
Old 10-10-2001, 01:06 AM   #57
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I am signing off for the night. I hope to have time to get on tomorrow, but I have school until late pm., so make due without me, if need be. If you wanna make things easier, have me locked up in a separate jail cell, so that I am alone, and I will fight my way to your side when I get logged on.
I trust your decisions...
...and by the way...Spree? The "*&%%^&$%^&%" you threw at me earlier was in reference to your dagger, wasn't it?
Don't worry!
I will get it back from him when I get back to shore!!! promise!

And Mistral?? Great story!

------------------

3rd Member of the Ancient OHF and Diamond Ranger of the ALSB (secretarial position & Ambassador)
Father of the wicked but cute child known as MaryBeth

Padre de una niña bien traviosa pero guapa
---------------------
Aisukuríimu ga tabetái desu.

Old 10-10-2001, 01:45 AM   #58
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
I am signing off for the night. I hope to have time to get on tomorrow, but I have school until late pm., so make due without me, if need be. If you wanna make things easier, have me locked up in a separate jail cell, so that I am alone, and I will fight my way to your side when I get logged on.
I trust your decisions...
...and by the way...Spree? The "*&%%^&$%^&%" you threw at me earlier was in reference to your dagger, wasn't it?
Don't worry!
I will get it back from him when I get back to shore!!! promise!

And Mistral?? Great story!

Aww... thanks... I guess all that tossing and turning in my bed when I should be asleep has been worth it

[This message has been edited by mistral4543 (edited 10-10-2001).]
Old 10-10-2001, 09:24 AM   #59
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Larry and his party of three are pushed over to a portal in one corner of the room. They were motioned to walk through it. Larry was given a stone that was to be used as a key to reenter the portal once they had the sword Brightblade in-hand and were ready to return. Deiter, carrying K. Spree and Kaz walking behind them both entered the portal first. Larry took one more look back in hope to see Mistral there, that he could assure her that all would be well, but she was not there. Only the cold stare of their captors greeted his longing glance over his shoulder.
With that done, Larry enters the portal, only to step right into an abandoned building in the Docks District.
The party decided to think things out for a minute before making pursuit of the sword they were to find.

"How do we begin looking for this Brightblade?
Maybe somebody in town saw a strange old man wandering around, thus we can trace his steps and locate it?
Unless of course somebody as stolen it.
Kaz? Deiter?
By the way, Deiter...how's K. Spree?
Is she still not awakened?
Should we seek help from a priest?
If it is money we need, I can get it, somehow...I promise you."
Old 10-10-2001, 12:59 PM   #60
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

~A look into the past of Mistral's Father...his last hours.... ~

"I enter the town by night. Not too many people are out this late at night except for a few guards. And thieves. I must work quickly, for there is little time. They know that I have come here. She wants this sword. But it is the rightful property of my daughter.
My only hope to make things right.
I have never seen her, how will I know? She must be here, somewhere! The man I paid to find her by his magics said she would end up here, and then things could not be seen so clearly. Will I know my own daughter?"

~The sound of running footsteps awaken him from his thoughts~

"I must hide! They are upon me!
Wait...no it's just some children.
I have to hurry!
Maybe I should hide the sword first, then look for her.
Yes, it is safer that way."

~The man finds an adequate hiding place. It seems to be appropriate to hide the blade in a place that would ensure his daughter would find it. After depositing the blade there...he was to make his escape...~

"Now, if only I knew how to begin to find her.
What if she is angry with me?
What if she blames me for her years lost without knowing.
I am sorry, my Mistral. I should never have lost you!
You probably look exactly like your mother..."

~A sound behind the man startles him~

"They know where I am at!
I must not lead them to Mistral!
They would kill her for sure.
No, I must lead them away...far away from my daughter."

"Where is it, old man!
Give me the blade and your daughter lives..."

No! I cannot let her down again!
Come get me if you think you can!
I have the blade, and you'll never get it!"

~The old man begins to run, but up ahead he sees two men standing in the alley, looking at him.~

"They have me surrounded.
Oh Mistral!
I have failed you again!
Please forgive me!

Well...if it is a fight that they want...
~drawing out his dagger, ~
I am not so old as they imagine me to be!"

~The only sounds on the street that morning are that of the townsfolk beginning to arise to meet the first rays of sunshine.~