Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2003, 07:04 PM   #1
mattbret35732002
Welcomed New User

Hi, thanks for the help, i still cant get it to work, i must have done something wrong. i downloaded vdub, but i couldnt unzipo, it appeared to already be unzipped, i opened and renamed each of the 6 files, town hub and town msk files. but when i did, and tried to pout them back with the correct name, it was like they werent video files like the originals, i guess i need it explained step by step, help please, thanks for all that are trying to help me get it working again, Matt
mattbret35732002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2003, 09:31 PM   #2
macoati
Manshoon

OK... I'm writing this from memory so use the appropriate names or words if I don't have them in the instructions. Also, in Windows explorer ALWAYS have the view set to Details.

You probably already know the following shortcuts so don't be offended...but:
Copy = Ctrl + C (that's the control button and the letter c at the same time)
Paste = Ctrl + V (control button and letter v at the same time)
Select All = Ctrl + A (control button and letter A at the same time)

You may also do the same commands with only 'right-clicking' your mouse and selecting the appropriate one from the submenu.

Win XP will show ZIP files inside a ZIP folder so they will be basically "unzipped" already. Now, I am assuming you have vdub located in a handy place so you know where it is and can run the program at will...if you don't, create a shortcut to it's executable file on your desktop. Once you have vdub so you can use it at will do the following:

1) Create a new folder on your desktop. Name it whatever you want...even "New Folder" (which is the default).

2) Open Windows Explorer and locate the "townmask" folder which contain the movies. They are .avi files.

2a) If you do not have the file extensions enabled to show them in Windows explorer, go to the command line at the top of the exploring window and click on Tools. From the sub menu, click on Folder Options... In the options window, click on the View tab. There should be a checkbox next to "Hide extentions for known file types". If there is a check in that box click in that box to remove it. Then click on Apply and then OK. That will close that little window and you will now be able to see the file extensions.

3) Open the townmask folder in the W&W directory and copy ALL the files in that folder.

4) Return to your desktop and open the new folder you created. Paste the avi files into this folder.

5) Open Vbub.

6) Within Vdub click on File, then Open.

7) Browse to your desktop and open that new folder you made where you pasted copies of the avi files from the townmask folder.

8) Open the first file...**make a note of the name of the file**...in the list by either selecting it and clicking open or by double clicking on it.

9) Once the file has opened click on File and then Save As OLD FORMAT avi.

10) There should be a place to type in a name for the file.

(This next part is either easy or hard depending on how good you are with your mouse/keyboard.)

If the name of the file IS "townavi1.avi"(or whichever one you open with Vdub..remember, you made a note of the name), leave it alone and click on save. If the name is NOT "townavi1.avi" simply open that new folder you created with the copies of the avi files...click on the NAME of the file you opened ONCE...wait a second or two and click on it again...the name of the file will be highlighted now...either right click the file name and select Copy or use Ctrl+C to copy the name. Return to Vdub and in the name section paste the copied name. Make certain Vdub is saving the file into your new folder with the other avi files. Click the save button.

11) It should ask you if you want to replace the file, click Yes.

12) Repeat steps 6-11 until all six avi files are done.

13) Close Vdub.

14) Open Windows Explorer, find the townmask file inside of W&W, open that folder.

15) Go to that new folder you created on your desktop and where the "new" old format avi files are located.

16) Highlight all of the files in that folder and copy them (Ctrl+A for select all and then Ctrl+C to copy them).

17) Return to Windows Explorer and note you should have on the left hand side the W&W townmask folder and on the right should be 6 avi files. Click once somewhere on the right hand side of the window where the avi files are so that is the "active" window and then paste the copied files by using either right-click or Ctrl+v.

18) Windows Explorer will will ask if you want to replace the files, click on Yes to all... you should now have 6 avi files that are around 30mb each inside W&W townmask folder. If that is the case...you are done...if not, I screwed up these instructions royally [img]smile.gif[/img]

Good luck and ask if you need more help...

also... Welcome to the best forum around!!!!!

[ 08-03-2003, 09:39 PM: Message edited by: macoati ]
Old 08-04-2003, 12:00 PM   #3
WillowIX
Apophis

Or could it be as simple as you haven't given your new files the extension .avi? The files must be saved as msk1.avi. If you only save them as msk1, your computer won't know what the heck kind of file you have just created. Try right clicking on one and choose properties. You'll see the full file name there if you haven't disabled "Hide file extensions" in Explorer.
WillowIX is offline   Reply With Quote