Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2001, 09:38 AM   #1
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Well, I don't want to use any version of Outlook for concerns about security, Netscape has taken itself out of the competition with that crappy Netscape 6 in beta version quality and I don't like the integrated mail program that comes with new Opera browser I am using, either.

Currently I am using Rebecca which is a really nifty little (1 MB !)program with many very convenient features, but as it can do only AscII code it is very limited when it comes to text formatting and can only display html features as individual attachments.

So, what am I looking for ? A handy little mail program that allows some basic text formatting like bold, italics, maybe some colours, etc and is able to display html codes within the text window itself.

Any suggestions ? Thanks in advance !

Bonus question: I am very pleased with Opera as a browser, but there is one feature I had grown very accustomed to while trying to operate Netscape 6 and which I am missing now: the password manager. Is a feature like that anywhere available as a plug-in ?

------------------
So long !

R³ - proud to be the official spokesman for the most noble Lady Bilqis, Desert Rose of Ironworks

Btw, the cow is queuing in the slaughterhouse right now !
Old 06-24-2001, 06:03 PM   #2
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

Hey, Ramon !!!

Try Pegasus Mail

Pegasus Mail

This is the North American site, the European site is down. You can get the international version, AND the German plugin from here, tho.

It's a great app, and a freebie!!! with more features than a lot of the others. Enjoy it.

The TechDawg

------------------

The RudeDawg, Known in these Forgotten Realms as Perin LightEyes

[This message has been edited by RudeDawg (edited 06-24-2001).]
Old 06-24-2001, 06:33 PM   #3
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Thanks a lot, RudeDawg, I shall give Pegasus a try !

------------------
So long !

R³ - proud to be the official spokesman for the most noble Lady Bilqis, Desert Rose of Ironworks

Old 06-25-2001, 04:33 AM   #4
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Ramon de Ramon y Ramon:

Thanks a lot, RudeDawg, I shall give Pegasus a try !

Ramon, I use Pegasus at work and love it. Very nice program! The only thing I find cumbersome is filtering mail, but it is possible to do.

Cloudy

Old 06-25-2001, 10:34 AM   #5
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

I would recommend either Pegasus and/or Eudora Light. Eudora is slightly spiffier, but I used to use Pegasus Mail back when I was at the university and I loved it there.

The URL for Eudora is here if you wish to check it out:

http://www.eudora.com/

Cheers,

Old 06-25-2001, 11:39 AM   #6
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Id recommend Eudora too.. due to i do not know what pegasus is...

------------------

Yukishiro Tomoe
Old 06-25-2001, 12:06 PM   #7
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Ramon, I also recommend Eudora (or Eudora light). I have many friends who've tried it and like it's features. Most of the 'power emailers' among them recommend full version not light, but they have used both.

I don't think I have the newest version of Pegasus at my office, so I'm not sure what features may have been added lately. Let me know how you like it!

Cloudy

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."

[This message has been edited by Cloudbringer (edited 06-25-2001).]
Old 06-25-2001, 12:26 PM   #8
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Wow, Stormqueen, I am really amazed and more than a little intimidated by the extent of your power: you even made the RudeDawg delete his funn..., err, impertinent post !

Thanks to everybody for their suggestions: I think I will have a close look at both Eudora and Pegasus. I take it that Eudora Light is the free version whereas
Eudora has to be paid for. Right ?

Any suggestions regarding that "password manager" thing ?

------------------
So long !

Old 06-25-2001, 12:34 PM   #9
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Ramon de Ramon y Ramon:

Wow, Stormqueen, I am really amazed and more than a little intimidated by the extent of your power: you even made the RudeDawg delete his funn..., err, impertinent post !

Thanks to everybody for their suggestions: I think I will have a close look at both Eudora and Pegasus. I take it that Eudora Light is the free version whereas
Eudora has to be paid for. Right ?

Actually, R³, Eudora's latest release is called Eudora 5.1, which replaces Light as the "freeware" e-mail. It's still free, but has a lot of the features of the full version, according to their website.

I was using Eudora Light, but now that I saw the new upgrade, I may try that out later as well.

Old 06-25-2001, 01:14 PM   #10
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Oh Ramon! I didn't make the Dawg do anything! LOL
I'm sure his imper..er, funny self will be around again!

Good luck with the email programs!

Cloudy

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."