Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2001, 07:07 AM   #21
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
If it's not too much of a problem, could we have a list of the words that are NOT allowed? It's just that sometimes you are unsure whether a word is allowed, like the ones Caleb mentioned.

Neb, any language that you would not use in mixed public company. This is all about commonsense and maturity which I hope most people would have. The type of language you would not use regularly in a professional work environment.

This is not so much about using a profane word once or twice, but about people using them over and over and OVER again. This is when it begins to become a problem.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Memnoch (edited 06-16-2001).]
Old 06-16-2001, 07:42 AM   #22
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
If it's not too much of a problem, could we have a list of the words that are NOT allowed? It's just that sometimes you are unsure whether a word is allowed, like the ones Caleb mentioned.
Exactly what Memnoch said. I can't imagine that it will be a problem for anyone here to distinguish between language that is ok and language which cannot be tolerated.

BTW I just read the whole thread and I am wondering....is/was there a problem with the Magical Collar thread? I hadn't seen that one so far and I just posted in it without reading the entire thing...

------------------
Melusine, High Queen of Fluffies, Archbabe of the Order of the Holy Flame and the Laughing Hyenas, &
Official Entertainer Elf of the BG2 Bar

Your voice is ambrosia
Old 06-16-2001, 08:30 AM   #23
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:

when it strays beyond the pall

Sazerac, I know I am being picky here, but I have noticed the term 'beyond the pall' several times so it is not a typo!

The phrase is 'beyond the pale'

The 'pale' (made of palings) was a fence surrounding something to keep what was inside safe. To go 'beyond the pale' was to go into dangerous territory. (This can be found specifically in Irish history). Hence the modern usage of the term.

Sorry to be so picky, but it irritates me hugely!

Anyway, this post will also serve as a BUMP!
------------------

[This message has been edited by Fljotsdale (edited 06-16-2001).]
Old 06-16-2001, 08:31 AM   #24
Lord Shield

The language in the Bar seems to crop up after I've gone to bed, as if people have figured the bartender's sleeping times. I do not like this, and I'm glad Saz has raised the issue

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp.
http://lordraptor0.tripod.com/index.html

Old 06-16-2001, 09:00 AM   #25
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

Bump

------------------
Old 06-16-2001, 09:03 AM   #26
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Shield:
The language in the Bar seems to crop up after I've gone to bed, as if people have figured the bartender's sleeping times. I do not like this, and I'm glad Saz has raised the issue

I know what you mean LS
It's so pathetic...and it doesn't help that we're in the same time zone... it means they have 12 hours of time where they can mess around...
Now, if some kind Vampire would care to bite me, I could stay up at night and sleep during the day

------------------
Melusine, High Queen of Fluffies, Archbabe of the Order of the Holy Flame and the Laughing Hyenas, &
Official Entertainer Elf of the BG2 Bar

Your voice is ambrosia
Old 06-16-2001, 09:06 AM   #27
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:

Now, if some kind Vampire would care to bite me, I could stay up at night and sleep during the day

I'm not a vampire, but I could try nibbling on you a bit if you think that would help

------------------
Regards

Mouse
Old 06-16-2001, 03:18 PM   #28
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Saz --- always let me know ok?
Old 06-16-2001, 03:22 PM   #29
Lord Shield

Quote:
Originally posted by Mouse:
I'm not a vampire, but I could try nibbling on you a bit if you think that would help

You beat me to it. How about if I dress up as a vampire?

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp.
http://lordraptor0.tripod.com/index.html

Old 06-16-2001, 03:54 PM   #30
jabidas
Silver Dragon

Sorry but what was too offensive in the collar thread, actually forget it im just going to go delete my entries.

Who the hell is Charlie its just someone I made up and has no reference to anyone on the board, Hell I dont even know a Charlie in real life so no offence intended but god know I got a lot of flaming over in the BG2 bar over something I thought came from my imagination.

------------------