Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2001, 06:49 PM   #61
Sentinel04
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
Sentinel,I hope that you stay in the General Discusion Board because I'm sure you would be an asset to our 'community'. Many of the threads on the board are substantive and thought provoking. I have enjoyed the political debates but many of the religious and theological discussions have totally confused me.
Heh will do, thanks.

------------------

You're not lost if you don't care where you are.
Old 04-06-2001, 11:49 PM   #62
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
Hey, Moni! Actually, there's nothing wrong with a topic running aground (like the gardening one), especially if it's been milked for all the information that it can give. The only thing is, on interesting "off topic" conversations, they may be buried under topics that no one would know they were there, which is why I like to post them under their own heading with the disclaimer *OFF TOPIC* so that people looking for real information can skip over them.

One could argue, after all, that my GS Examiners were off topic. Nanobyte tried that once, you know. It very nearly stopped my posting them anymore. I'm glad Wyvern set me straight on that one, LOL!

I, too, think having chatrooms at Ironworks will probably take a lot of the load off of the discussion threads, as some of them seem to be almost like a chatroom if you're reading through them.

One other thing: I'm glad to see W&W Forum people coming here to talk. We tend to be a rather insular bunch, almost elitist I would say, and it's good to see some networking going on now with the other forums. More power to it!

-Sazerac

Moridin, dear...don't look...I'm OFF TOPIC-ING and I DON'T FEEL BAD!

Sazerac,

I like your style! I think it is good to get all of us together now and again. To learn from and about one another. Be it Gardening or Gaming or about the rabbits in my back yard.

I do think, that making this the place for a lot of the off-topic is good in that it can force us to get out and see the rest of the people in Ironworks. I for one am very impressed with the W and W people I've met in the Female Gamers thread! I am also getting quite curious about other crpgs! I will never have a free moment again as long as I live, but I'll be a happy gamer!

Moni, any time you want to talk gardens/yards/landscaping post to me! Oh and blanket statement I GO OFF TOPIC...and I also don't get bent out of shape if someone does it in one of my threads..

Moridin...sigh... Now what have I done?

Cloudbringer

------------------

Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight
Old 04-06-2001, 11:51 PM   #63
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Moiraine:
The only time I got very distressed with spamming was when the new Board came up and everybody was racing to post for the sake of posting. It was very distressing because nobody would pay attention to other people. I kept saying Hello, and nobody would answer - I almost got away then. Because I haven't got much time to read and post, and an expensive and rather slow home Internet connexion, so I felt kicked out ... But now spamming has cooled down pretty much - and more important, spamming is not an issue as long as you pay attention to other people's posts.
Besides, if you really want a thread to go back on topic, most of the time you have only to quote a post from the beginning of the post and reply. I have done that several times - and most of the time, it works !
BRAVA, Moiraine! So reasoned and logical, my friend!

Cloudy

------------------

Storm-Queen
Old 04-06-2001, 11:58 PM   #64
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Sentinel04:
See now this was what I was afraid would happen. I just wanted to make a simple observation. I didn't say anything negative. I tried to be as non-trollish(heh nope that's not a real word) as I could. Oh well. I did state that I liked the boards, that everyone was nice(and they are), because I do.

I repeat: I did not pass judgement. I made an observation.

Thanks

PS. Moni: Will do . I'm a student working at my college's library, so I have a lot of time to waste at work. I'm looking forward to reading stuff there, thanks.
Sentinel:

That is what this board is for. Discussion. And it is ok to disagree as long as nobody flames another poster. There is a great variety of material here because there is a great variety in the people here!

Find what interests you and join in! And if it doesn't interest you, skip it. Seems so simple, but it is the best way to navigate the forum! We must remember that we are a great big community and as such must interact with respect for each other's diverse viewpoints and cultural backgrounds.

Welcome! I hope you enjoy your time here.

Cloudbringer
Self-Appointed Welcome Wagon of the Ironworks Forum

------------------

Storm-Queen

[This message has been edited by Cloudbringer (edited 04-07-2001).]
Old 04-07-2001, 12:13 AM   #65
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Moridin:
Refering to CB's # of posts. Did you ever notice that she will post 4 or 5 times in a row answering different questions instead of putting them into one post. Does more posts mean better quality?
Ahhh my grumbly friend, Moridin is back...sigh...

In answer: Maybe I SEE one before another? I have a 256 winmodem and really lousy reload (takes me on average 5 -6 times to see a page that is very active, sometimes a dozen or more freloads are needed.) I occasionally 'freeze' a page in mid-reload to be able to READ something and answer it before I get frustrated and quit. Or maybe in some instances I feel it is more complimentary to the person being anwered to give them my entire attention at that moment and they will not perceive it thusly if I have answers to six people all in the one post? Or maybe I just like to tick you off, eh?

Please note that the last comment is a JOKE, Moridin...

CB
PS...is my sig ok with you?

------------------

Storm-Queen
Old 04-07-2001, 12:26 AM   #66
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Moridin:
LZ-- I am good (sorry I zoned out on the last part of your post). Life is finally starting to treat me good, or I am finally starting to treat my life good How are you? Settling into your new house! I guess by this, I am doing what I hate, taking a thread off-topic

: laugh3: Oh Mooooooooridin..... I do believe you posted TWICE to the SAME person in response to ONE post! ROTFL ROTFL! Uh, numbers mean nothing to me...no worries! Besides, I turned you to the Light side, didn't I? (BIG BIG SMILE!)

CB, who needs to do her taxes still...sigh

------------------

Storm-Queen
Old 04-07-2001, 12:37 AM   #67
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

FYI...I answer posts in the order I see them which is generally from beginning of thread to end. I like to quote if possible and when there are several quotes in a post it is very confusing and a mess to navigate. So often as is the case above, I answered as I went along in a THREE page thread...obviously I didn not want my train of thought to chug of without me while I read several posts so as to answer them all at once. When I read a post, I think what I want to answer, if anything, and type it then!

There you have it...posting according the Cloudbringer method..books on sale in the lobby...

CB

------------------

Storm-Queen
Old 04-07-2001, 12:46 AM   #68
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
FYI...I answer posts in the order I see them which is generally from beginning of thread to end. I like to quote if possible and when there are several quotes in a post it is very confusing and a mess to navigate. So often as is the case above, I answered as I went along in a THREE page thread...obviously I didn not want my train of thought to chug of without me while I read several posts so as to answer them all at once. When I read a post, I think what I want to answer, if anything, and type it then!

There you have it...posting according the Cloudbringer method..books on sale in the lobby...

CB

When you see her posting with quotes, that means she is directly replying to something that is said. I personally appreciate it when someone uses the lovely quote button, that way nothing gets lost in the translation, so to speak. Plus, it all makes us look like MemNOCH. **snort**

CLoudy, it's no longer raining here. Thanks

BK, on meds, non-drowsy made me sleepy all day, drowsy nite time stuff wakes me right up.

Old 04-07-2001, 05:23 AM   #69
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Sentinel04:

I especially like the book forum.

YES!! Convert!!

When you finish a book Sentinel would you mind posting a review there? No one will flame you for your opinion, I'll make sure of that! That way we gather more and more viewpoints on different books and everyone benefits!

------------------
My name is Memnoch. And your name is...destined to be a footnote in the sands of time.
Old 04-07-2001, 05:28 AM   #70
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:

One other thing: I'm glad to see W&W Forum people coming here to talk. We tend to be a rather insular bunch, almost elitist I would say, and it's good to see some networking going on now with the other forums. More power to it!

-Sazerac
So am I. I tend to think of the Ironworks as this huge multilevel nightclub (being 27 and all) with different areas catering to different tastes (BG/BG2/IWD/W&W/Wizardry/etc) which would be like different dancefloors with different music (R&B/funk,house/etc) but having this great chillout lounge called General Discussions where we can all meet and share our enthusiasm for anything in particular! I think that it's great to see people from everywhere dropping in here - we're all Ironworks forum people in the end!

------------------
My name is Memnoch. And your name is...destined to be a footnote in the sands of time.