Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2001, 04:49 PM   #51
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Mind you I should point out that I think meaningless posts are just as valid as 'serious' posts. Why do people place sadness above happiness as an emotion? A comedian is just as powerful as a sombre philisophical writer in that they both stimulate the brain, just to different ends. Making people happy is very important, and the lighthearted posts are productive to those involved.

------------------
O.K..... what do I do now?

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 04-06-2001, 04:52 PM   #52
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

LZ-- I am good (sorry I zoned out on the last part of your post). Life is finally starting to treat me good, or I am finally starting to treat my life good How are you? Settling into your new house! I guess by this, I am doing what I hate, taking a thread off-topic

------------------

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear ignorant,
than open it and remove all doubt!
Old 04-06-2001, 05:07 PM   #53
Sentinel04
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
Mind you I should point out that I think meaningless posts are just as valid as 'serious' posts. Why do people place sadness above happiness as an emotion? A comedian is just as powerful as a sombre philisophical writer in that they both stimulate the brain, just to different ends. Making people happy is very important, and the lighthearted posts are productive to those involved.

I agree. I never said that serious posts were better, or more important than the more light hearted ones. If I made that impression, it was not my intent.

------------------

You're not lost if you don't care where you are.
Old 04-06-2001, 05:19 PM   #54
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Sentinel04:
I agree. I never said that serious posts were better, or more important than the more light hearted ones. If I made that impression, it was not my intent.

No worries, your posts made me think of this. I have found it a prevailing attitude. When thinking of brilliant music, people normally think of stuff which makes one cry or have sombre appreciation, yet making someone happy or feel like dancing is equally as important, and I'd say sometimes no less difficult.

------------------
O.K..... what do I do now?

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 04-06-2001, 05:35 PM   #55
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Moridin:

LZ-- I am not 'picking' on CB. I know she is not spamming for stars or rank, I am just trying to make the point that # of posts can be decieving. Does this make sense? Please don't think I am picking on anybody, I am not

OK Moridin. Not sure what you mean about "deceiving"? but am glad you are not picking on CB. Again, how have you been? Are things going better for you in RL?

------------------
Old 04-06-2001, 05:35 PM   #56
Sentinel04
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:

No worries, your posts made me think of this. I have found it a prevailing attitude. When thinking of brilliant music, people normally think of stuff which makes one cry or have sombre appreciation, yet making someone happy or feel like dancing is equally as important, and I'd say sometimes no less difficult.

Yeah, I agree. That attitude also reflects itself in the movie business. What was the last comedy that won picture of the year?

------------------

Old 04-06-2001, 05:37 PM   #57
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Moridin:
LZ-- I am good (sorry I zoned out on the last part of your post). Life is finally starting to treat me good, or I am finally starting to treat my life good How are you? Settling into your new house! I guess by this, I am doing what I hate, taking a thread off-topic

Oops! Missed your last post before my last post! I'm glad things are going better for you I really am. You had me worried there for a bit. Hey, don't feel guilty about off-topicing, I am guilty as well. Partners in crime so to speak!

------------------
Old 04-06-2001, 05:40 PM   #58
turbovee
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Sentinel04:
What was the last comedy that won picture of the year?
Shakespeare in Love? All I would like to add is that Saving Private Ryan should have one that year

------------------
I feel the need, the need for SPEED!
Peace and hair grease
Old 04-06-2001, 05:46 PM   #59
Sentinel04
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by turbovee:
Shakespeare in Love? All I would like to add is that Saving Private Ryan should have one that year

I thought that was kind of a romance/drama movie myself.

------------------

Old 04-06-2001, 06:29 PM   #60
Donut
Jack Burton

Sentinel,I hope that you stay in the General Discusion Board because I'm sure you would be an asset to our 'community'. Many of the threads on the board are substantive and thought provoking. I have enjoyed the political debates but many of the religious and theological discussions have totally confused me.

If you feel that the threads are unproductive please feel free to post some new threads to stimulate discussion. We would appreciate it.

------------------