Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2003, 03:37 PM   #1
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

As soon as I release the first 'chapter' of Undermountain for download (which you can finally play in single-player) I'll be announcing the NEXT project I have been working on.

Undermountain's first chapter will include MUCH more that what is currently in the online version, and will have many more levels). The NEXT chapter will continue on with further levels and open up into Waterdeep's dock areas--which will tie-into the next project.

This NEW Project will be worked on side-by-side with the next chapter of Undermountain, and both will be hosted by my server.

I have the name chosen, because this name and mod was a Pen and Paper version of a Module I invented, and takes place in Waterdeep. That is all I want to say about it right now. [img]smile.gif[/img] But expect Waterdeep to be populated as richly as the Tavern is in the Undermounrain mod. No 'empty' cities, as I have seen countless times when playing many mods online. It'll be packed with NPC's, quests and 12 MAJOR quests.

More soon!

PS: The neat thing, is when both modules are up, and online, you will be able to hop between BOTH mods via the portal system. So people from either Mod can jump into each mod at will. Cool eh?

[ 08-20-2003, 04:09 PM: Message edited by: Ziroc ]

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2003, 04:25 PM   #2
GForce

Hmmm. So you will be making Undermountain available for downloading? Where at? The NWN Vault? If available for DL, then I'll just set aside my Morrowind and play that. Sounds cool Ziroc. Thanks. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 08-20-2003, 08:56 PM   #3
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

That sounds great, Z. Hopefully I'll be able to get some EFU time in, now that I have SoU. If it's anything like the Undermountain (I dropped in yesterday for a few moments, wicked stuff Z [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] ), I will be very happy when it gets released. You've got a great creative spark, Z. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-20-2003, 11:36 PM   #4
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

Question Mark

Surface dwelling in Waterdeep with maybe a quest a little northwest to the Waterdeep Castle or a trek thru the "city of Dead" being only a few city blocks away from the Yawning portal Inn to the northeast? That would sure bring back PnP the 80's so, what ever you do Wild Wyvern won't keep me away. I'm looking forward to see what that DM mind of yours has in store for the rest of us, and the portal from one Mod to the other will be great.

[ 08-20-2003, 11:39 PM: Message edited by: TheCrimsomBlade ]
Old 08-21-2003, 08:58 AM   #5
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Sounds great, though I hope the city wont be too packed with NPC's (lag! ).
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 11:04 PM   #6
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer128:
Good way to get around this is to break the city up into wards (or even break the wards up into smaller subwards with lots of area transitions). The biggest cause of lag is heaps of NPCs and scripts on a big tileset area. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2003, 11:29 AM   #7
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer128:
Good way to get around this is to break the city up into wards (or even break the wards up into smaller subwards with lots of area transitions). The biggest cause of lag is heaps of NPCs and scripts on a big tileset area. [img]smile.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]Yep! Thats how I have it planned. There is no way I could do ALL of Waterdeep, hell, I'd be modding until I was 90. The Mod will take place in an area of Waterdeep, and that area will be broken into 12 areas.

BTW, I'm making future levels of Undermountain (like 10 is) smaller (tileset wise) so loading levels is faster. I doesn't mean they will be less easy!!

It's just that loading level 5,6 and other HUGE levels takes too much time, and I MAY resize them as well. (I've resized level 6 down a bit this past week as well).

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote