Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2002, 07:36 PM   #1
Skip
Welcomed New User

What class can use the Katanas?
Skip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2002, 07:50 PM   #2
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Skip:
What class can use the Katanas?
No one without the Weapon Proficiency-Exotic feat. None of the classes start with the ability to use Katanas, so you have to take that feat to use them. However, ANY class that has that feat can use katanas.
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2002, 07:52 PM   #3
Darkman

Any class can use Katana's if they have the Exotic Weapon feat. I think Monks are the only class that come with this skill "built in". Other classes must spend the point in Exotic Weapons before they can use weapons like the Katana.
Old 07-25-2002, 08:30 PM   #4
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

i built a "samurai". all it is is a fighter that uses splint mail, etc. a helmet, and katana. no shield, no dual-wield. ill just say that he cuts stuff down EASY!! katanas are awesome.
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.rleeermey.com/images/linkbanners/usmcredwhiteblue.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Protector of Elves<br />Slayer of Orcs<br /><br />ALL YOUR BASE, ARE BELONG TO US!!!<br />I DON\'T FIGHT FOR HONOR, I FIGHT TO WIN!<br />\"One who is a samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night...the fact that he has to die\". <br />-Daidoji Yuzan-<br />16th Century
Morgan_Corbesant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2002, 08:35 PM   #5
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Morgan_Corbesant:
i built a "samurai". all it is is a fighter that uses splint mail, etc. a helmet, and katana. no shield, no dual-wield. ill just say that he cuts stuff down EASY!! katanas are awesome.
Of course, you could dual-wield a short sword. Can you use a katana two-handed (to get the 1.5x strength bonus)? You should be able to, considering that is usually how they are used in combat.
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 02:38 AM   #6
Zateel
Zhentarim Guard

It would seem only halflings and gnomes weild the katana with two hands.
Old 07-31-2002, 08:53 AM   #7
DraconisRex

Katana is not a class feat for any class.

It is a one-handed weapon for medium size creatures. It is a two-handed weapon for small creatures. It does 1-10 damage.

You need to have a +1 "base attack bonus" to take the "exotic weapons" feat.

No one-handed weapons can be used two-handed to get a damage multiplier. Get a shield or dual-wield.
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?<br /><br />Vah! Denuone Latine loquebar? Me ineptum. Interdum modo elabitur.<br /><br />Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit!
DraconisRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 12:34 PM   #8
Kerneth
The Magister

RPishly, there are no good dual wield options for a katana and a light offhand. Rapier looks pretty cool as an offhand though.
Kerneth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 02:05 PM   #9
Obsidian the Black
Elminster

Katanas r just as good as a bastard sword and r a little lighter. BTW welcome 2 Ironworks!
Obsidian the Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 05:19 PM   #10
Willard
Fzoul Chembryl

What is the best katana in the game? The only one I've come across is the Sword Saint Katana, it rocks against evil creatures. Not so great against good and neutral dudes though.