Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2001, 03:35 PM   #1
tequila
Elite Waterdeep Guard

made it to the final battle in Dragon Eye. Problem is i have only 1 +2 weapon and cant really hurt Yxunomei. Ive seen many posts with people talking about the "hammer of this" or the "sword of that", but I have yet to come across much of anything that is more than +1.
tequila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2001, 04:15 PM   #2
Leafy
Zhentarim Guard

True, there are not many +3 weapons before Yuxonemai. You might want to head back to Kuldahur and sell some goodies and try to buy "the giving star" or similar weapon. If you have HoW installed, there are several more +3 weapons you can buy there.
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2001, 04:52 PM   #3
tequila
Elite Waterdeep Guard

thanks, actually, I just killed her. chromatic orb works wonders. had a +2 dagger and a +2 flail that took care of her after that. lol, I used up all of my +2 arrows on those elite yaun ti's. little did i know....so, in HoW, you have to go thru the same stuff as IWD? should I just go buy it and install in now?
Old 06-02-2001, 05:19 PM   #4
Leafy
Zhentarim Guard

well, you could buy it. or, you could borrow it. once installed, you don't seem to need the disc anymore. it adds items and ups resolution and stuff. adds a few new bugs you can patch. i never bothered with the patch cuz thre's talk of bugs in it as well.
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2001, 05:00 AM   #5
Lifetime
Red Dragon

Actually in the level before you go into Yuxonomei's lair proper, (where the dungeon is still stone and everything instead of brick and walls), there's a Battle Axe +2 Defender and a Long Sword +2 of something.

------------------
Why?
Lifetime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2001, 08:36 PM   #6
Axterix
Manshoon

Spoiler:
And on her map is a hidden room with a +2 throwing axe.

[This message has been edited by Axterix (edited 06-03-2001).]
Axterix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2001, 10:05 PM   #7
vesselle
Hathor

Quote:
Originally posted by Axterix:
Spoiler:
And on her map is a hidden room with a +2 throwing axe.
what? what? what?
where? where? where?

vesselle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2001, 02:49 PM   #8
Axterix
Manshoon

http://www.tgeweb.com/ironworks/icewind/maps.shtml
Pick the dragon's eye map. Look at the area 5 map. It'll be in the lower right corner. The room with the High Torturer and 2 champions. The trigger to open the door is located in the room just above it on the map, next to the book case, at about the E in priests where it says Yaun-ti Priests on that map... a small hidden square, so if you have HoW installed, use the alt key.
Axterix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2001, 03:15 PM   #9
tequila
Elite Waterdeep Guard

also, just found a axe+2 defender on the second? level of dragons eye. have to figtht a lot of bombadier beetles to get it. there is also a broadsword +2 on a body on that level. I just didnt look hard enought the first time.