Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2006, 09:13 PM   #1
Klorox
Symbol of Cyric

What do I do about stronghlds I don't want?

1)I hate the Thief one. Can I lose it somehow?
2)I have a problem with the Druid one:
a) I had no idea it would be my character (a non-druid) competing against Faldorn
b) After beating her, I was told I could take control of the grove after becoming a high druid (or something like that). Will this ever happen for a F/M/T?

TIA

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."-- Edmund Burke
Klorox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 10:02 PM   #2
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

1) you can reject the offer for the stronghold such as thief
2) You still would be at an advantage, have your allies try get as close to you in the circle and help you (i thought it was optional for your party members to do so)
after beating her, if you have the all stronghold component installed, you should recieve the stronghold no matter what class i believe.

Catch me if you can..
Harkoliar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 12:10 AM   #3
IronDragon
Elminster

The thief stronghold is not a good one. I never take it myself.

If you wish to roleplay your way through these things than you would only accept strongholds if one of your party members would qualify for it. Thus I only take the druid stronghold if Jaheira or Cernd is in my party (I just realized I have NEVER played a druid) if you don’t want a particular stronghold…or cant’ RP a reason to take it then leave it
Old 10-22-2006, 03:43 AM   #4
ZFR
Legion Symbol

I like the thief stronghold myself. but if you don't then besides just rejecting it you can lose it a different way like have it go bankrupt or put all your thieves in jail...
Old 10-22-2006, 09:43 AM   #5
Legolas
Jack Burton

As far as the druid grove goes, I believe your character needs to be level 14 to get it.

Say NO to the Trouser Tyranny!
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 09:50 AM   #6
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

I wouldn't want the Druid Grove Stronghold(DGS) even if it was free. In fact, I wish there was a mod where you could throw the DGS back into their faces.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 10:31 AM   #7
ElfBane
Mephistopheles

You will soon learn to hate this mod. It will nag you to distraction. The thief and the bard strongholds are particularly nagsome.
All you have to do to lose a stronghold is not do the micromanageing....you will soon be fired from being the leader.

Iraq and Afghan fatalities: 6,855 and counting. Silence IS consent.
ElfBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 02:54 PM   #8
Iron Greasel
Fzoul Chembryl

Kill everyone. Always works. Exept on the scripted immortals.