Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2004, 07:23 PM   #1
Tremor Break
Dungeon Master

solo assassin for example cose i like assassins they are kool [img]tongue.gif[/img]

if i sleep will i recover much hit points because there will be no cleric how does that work??

and if not who would be a second person to take with me for a cleric?? maybe Aerie because of the mage cleric multi??

thanks
Tremor Break is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 07:42 PM   #2
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Well, you can't take someone with you, otherwise it wouldn't be a solo assassin

It depends, if you have the settings set on 8 hours of rest, then all your Hp may not be recovered, depending on how much damage you've taken. If you've set it for 'Sleep until healed' then you'll have full Hp when you wake up (depends if beasties ambush you or not).

You don't necessarily need a cleric, just remember to pick up or keep plenty of healing potions on hand and you'll be fine.
Gangrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 04:16 AM   #3
Tremor Break
Dungeon Master

but what i mean is my party had plenty of damage taken i didn't have a cleric and i getting healded 8hit points per 8hours!!
Old 09-09-2004, 09:28 AM   #4
Armen
Symbol of Cyric

with the option to 'rest until healed' the only thing you have to worry about is your sense of realism if the idea of sleeping for four days in a dungeon doesn't appeal to you

it would be nice if regeneration items worked while you rested but they don't seem to
Armen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 10:05 AM   #5
Moon-Child_Lman
Drow Warrior

If you are an assassin then you have the pickpocket ability, so you can pickpocket Ribald at the Adventurere's Mart for the Ring of Regeneration, also drink a potion of Master Thievery before doing that. The ring regenerates 6hp/second you can also get another one if you solve a puzzle in the Spellhold dungeon, and if you have the boots of speed and 1 ring of regeneration, the regeneration rate reduces to 3hp/sec. And if you have the 2 rings and boots of speed u get 1,5hp/second. Also if u could try the Ring of Gaax.
Other than that if you selected 'rest until healed' u will have to wait 16 hours for your character to heal completely. You should also have many potions of healing...
Old 09-09-2004, 06:40 PM   #6
slimjimosu
Dungeon Master

Moon, i think you need to take a look at your regeneration rates. Wouldn't the regeneration increase as you put on another ring instead of decreasing? Same for adding the BoS? I think you might have the numbers backwards or something. I don't want to be too picky but i figured it was important for clarification. Thanks.
slimjimosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 06:49 PM   #7
Tremor Break
Dungeon Master

umm i thinking maybe making a 2person team i want to be an assassin not sure bout my second

are their any npv's that could pickpocked from Ribald

maybe i make another person i wanna use off throught multi player give him all pout pickpockets then get a propper npc as my team :S
Old 09-10-2004, 08:03 AM   #8
Moon-Child_Lman
Drow Warrior

That's true, sorry . I meant with 1 ring of regenaration you regenerate 1 hp in 6sec, if you have 2 u regenarate 1 hp in 3sec and if you have the 2 rings and boots of speed u regenerate 1 hp in 1,5 sec . Sorry again and thanks for the clarification Slimjimosu.
Old 09-11-2004, 12:06 AM   #9
Shadow015
The Magister

Actually, IIRC, Rings of Regeneration don't stack. Rings of Regen and Gaxx do, though.
Old 09-11-2004, 01:02 AM   #10
JayS
Dungeon Master

From here: "Regeneration is not supposed to stack. If you combine two different regeneration rates, only the best will take effect. However, if you combine two equal regeneration rates they stack."
JayS is offline   Reply With Quote