Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2008, 12:11 PM   #71
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

Default Re: Antagonist’s Anarchy: Derived from Dianthus

Jason smiled happily at the old man.
Hello. You know, im not as bad as these guys seem to think, once i served this land with honour and courage to match that of the lord of beasts.

His smile dropped and his eyes clouded over a little.

Someday i hope to serve again.But until that day, i will be as you see me now, tatterd and dirty.Hmph. His smile returned slowly and in a friendly tone inquired. So good sir, what is a man of your, excuse me for saying so, old age doing traveling in these dark times?

He looked up toward the man, but made no move himself in any direction unless asked to.

Last edited by DrowArchmage; 04-19-2008 at 12:13 PM.
DrowArchmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 01:31 PM   #72
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

"And why *hic* wuld we do tha?" Asked the lead sword waving bandit, surprised and a bit caught off guard by Ydalon's words. They just wanted to drink, loot, plunder and kill, and were used to people screaming; not for them to stand up to them and talk. He waved for his fellows to quieten down a bit, as they jeered, booed, hissed and generally made a lot of noise. "'Ere now, wha's 'is?" He demanded, eyeing the old man and Jason, "backin' away from a fight's no good."

In the meantime, Isokla rolled her eyes silently to herself and decided that Jason must be a pathological liar. Lord of beasts? There was no such thing. Wasn't Jason a bandit who claimed he had headaches? What was he now? Some bastard ex-noble hero? Absurd.

Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 05:37 PM   #73
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

ooc:Lord of beasts is a reference to an animal, not a man.

Backin' away? I cant beleive that. Who's your Captain?

Of course Captain wasnt entirely correct, but being into banditing himself he knew the drunkard would either understand, or demand to know from under who's authority he was inquiring.Jason stood up and walked forward, giving Iskola and Telyrn, and the idiot boy a careful, pleading look, and started to speak.

Tell whoever's in charge that Neilson's third in command asks that we may pass unharmed, he will reward you handsomly for not bothering us.

He hoped no one said anything stupid.He also hoped that these bandits were drunk enough not to see that the others in the party were not bandits in the least. Maybe word of his companions deaths wouldnt have reached this far. Neilson wasnt very well known, but he was good at leaving good impressions, hopefully this leader would know of him if not having met him personally
Old 04-19-2008, 07:05 PM   #74
Legolas
Jack Burton

Ydalon

The kid rolled his eyes, then patted Jason on the back. The bandit would probably run back to his own fold at the first opportunity, but he seemed so enthusiastic!
Ydalon's one hand rummaged idly in his sling, plucking at the odd bit of content found within. Then there was the chance he would prove a good puppy, trying to talk the gang out of a confrontation, and who was he to deny him the opportunity to shine?

"I guess he wants to talk first," Ydalon told the murderous band with a grin on his face. Then he fell back a few steps, letting the big guys present finer targets. It wasn't that he didn't have faith in Jason's ability to verbally pacify a group of drunken thugs while getting access to their booze, but - no, it was just that.
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 08:43 PM   #75
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

OOC: DAM, I never said the 'lord of beasts' was a man ;p
---

"Who are you?" demanded the lead man, not at all impressed with Jason's demand, then he paused and his eyes widened. "Neilson? The Neilson? Oh boys, you hear tha, we're dealin' with one of Neilson's... let's show 'im wha we thin' of deserters."

They pointed their bows at the group and fired at them. Luckily, they were drunk enough that their shots went wide.

"Ha! Tha's how we deal with deserters!" The man guffawed, obviously missing the fact none of the group were a pincushion. Yet. The bandits reloaded, still drinking.
Old 04-20-2008, 04:46 AM   #76
Legolas
Jack Burton

Ydalon

"Oi, patience!" Ydalon yelped, jumping right into an explanation before they'd think to fire again.
"'course ya don't bloody like Neilson, you should'a seen what he did around Talryr. But this weasel here's the last of his gang now and looking for buddies, and while I ain't happy, like, to get shot by arrows 'least it means you've got yer honour and loyalties straight.
"Now it turns out there was some fishy stuff goin' on at the temple back in the city an' I don't know if Neilson influenced that or it influenced him but I for one am glad the Master struck them down for neglecting their jobs. Just means us concerned townsfolk, and those big men with us come straight from the guardhouse, have to get this guy all the way to the next temple t'explain it wasn't murder, like, and we'd be happy to tithe an' support the Lords. Just as long as they're True. And then, we want to see him hang."

He gestured at the murdered carters.

"I see you caught some false acolytes tryin' to slip out of town. Heh, amateurs. With all that weight it's no wonder they got nowhere.
"You've all done Talryr an' yerselves a great favour, and let me tell you,"
he told the main man, "you sir, are now my hero. It's that we need ta get this scum to the next proper town before the Lords start avenging the deaths of their own deserters or I'd beg to sit a while in your fine company."

OOC: Let me know at what point I need to edit and abort when the next volley starts to fly
Old 04-21-2008, 07:00 PM   #77
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

Oi! Im no deserter! I was appointed to stay with a small group of men in order to keep watch until he returned. Before that happend however, we were attacked by a mage and i was captured. I escaped using the arts of stealth, trickery, and deceit. i found these people on the way and they were helping me to find another group of my "friends" so i could make my report of suspected treachery.

jason held his breath, it sounded like a good excuse, he only hoped one of the others might relize he was trying to save them a fight rather than have bloodshed.
Old 04-30-2008, 07:10 PM   #78
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Arrow Re: Antagonist’s Anarchy: Derived from Dianthus

"Eh," The lead frowned at Ydalon, "All right, ye can go." He gestured at Isokla, "But not 'er. She's stayin' with us as insurance. Tod 'ere'll go with yer." He took a long draught, "'case yer false. If yer are... and Tod don't come back..."

"Very well." Isokla's blue eyes flashed daggers, "But you dare to cross a priestess of the master? I consort to stay. Leave." She gestured at Ydalon without a look at him or the others, "Go. I shall await Tod's return."

---
OOC: of course, none of you are under any obligation to agree with Isokla.
Old 05-04-2008, 12:19 PM   #79
Legolas
Jack Burton

Ydalon

"You're too gracious sir," Ydalon smiled.

He turned to Telryn.
"Here, see if you can't take one a the smaller kegs along, like. It'd be a shame for Tod ta miss out after his triumph and I ain't letting a man like that carry his own drink."

The boy stood around for a bit, watching the scene, then waved at Isokla.
"Be nice to them, won't you?"
Old 05-06-2008, 05:57 PM   #80
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Telryn

Telryn didn't like being ordered about by the boy. He didn't like the odds of him against drunk, but armed, bandits. He also didn't like the fact that these bandits had taken justice into their own hands. He, personifying the guard of any city or town, was the law, not a group of murderers, rapists and thieves. As much as he felt leaving Isokla with the bandits was wrong, he could do nothing about it but play along with Ydalon's "plan". After all, he did seem to have a knack for getting them out of tight spots.

Without another thought, look or sound he walked over to one of the smallest kegs and lifted it up onto his left shoulder.
Ivelliis is offline   Reply With Quote