Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2002, 01:10 PM   #11
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

One other thing. The guy on SNL plays Al Gore better than Al does.
Old 05-09-2002, 01:38 PM   #12
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Taliesin:
quote:
Originally posted by Silver Cheetah:
quote:
Originally posted by khazadman:
which would make him a rocket scientist compared to al gore then,huh alexander?
Al Gore was a journalist for seven years before he got elected to the Senate. He's also written a book. The moot point is; can Dubya even read?[/QUOTE]Being from the Great State of Tennessee, I have to say that Al Gore is a idiot! And I can pretty much assure you that if he runs in 2004, he'll lose his home state again. That's the reason Tipper decided not to run for Fred Thompson's senate seat. She knew she'd get beat by Lamar Alexander and it would hurt whatever chance Al had here too.[/QUOTE]So, why specifically is Gore an idiot? That's a very sweeping statement you make there! (I personally have hold no particular ruth for Gore. Just interested in your reasoning, is all.)
Old 05-09-2002, 01:43 PM   #13
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer128:
Want to relive some of the greatest speeches in American history? Check this site: BUSHDAMAN

Minor example ME2
ME3
ME4
ME5
ME6
ME7 ME8

I especially love these ones: Border relations between Canada and Mexico have never been better

And one of the things we've got to make sure that we do is anything.

This Thursday, ticket counters and airplanes will fly out of Reagan International Airport.

We ought to be the country feeding faces all across the world.

I had great visits with the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia. They're -- according to some American newspapers, they're, you know, very much engaged, and I appreciate that. I'm pleased with that. I think that's a positive development.

After all, it is where children from all over America learn to be responsible citizens, and learn to have the skills necessary to take advantage of our fantastic opportunistic society

I reconciled my love for my dad a long time ago.

- George W. Bush (junior)
Just curious [img]smile.gif[/img] Have you ever done any public speaking? I have and I would be embarrased for any one to hear some of my Gaffs [img]smile.gif[/img]

No one is perfect and GWB never claimed nor had it said about him that he was a great public speaker...but every single world leader he has met with and talke dto in person has come away praising his sincerity, honesty and conviction [img]smile.gif[/img]

I do however disagree with how the Gman is dealing with the Palistinians..I think he should oleave Israel alone to do what they need to do.

Old 05-09-2002, 01:46 PM   #14
MagiK

Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Sir Taliesin:
quote:
quote:
which would make him a rocket scientist compared to al gore then,huh alexander?
Al Gore was a journalist for seven years before he got elected to the Senate. He's also written a book. The moot point is; can Dubya even read?[/QUOTE]Being from the Great State of Tennessee, I have to say that Al Gore is a idiot! And I can pretty much assure you that if he runs in 2004, he'll lose his home state again. That's the reason Tipper decided not to run for Fred Thompson's senate seat. She knew she'd get beat by Lamar Alexander and it would hurt whatever chance Al had here too.[/QUOTE]So, why specifically is Gore an idiot? That's a very sweeping statement you make there! (I personally have hold no particular ruth for Gore. Just interested in your reasoning, is all.)[/QUOTE]While I do not like Al Gore, his politics or his personal views, I don't think anyone should think him an idiot any more than GWB is one. AG is not dumb, just a liberal [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-09-2002, 01:50 PM   #15
MagiK

[quote]Originally posted by Silver Cheetah:
Quote:
[qb]. He's also written a book. The moot point is; can Dubya even read?
Uhhh cheap shot implying Bush can't read, and Al Gores book has been pretty much forgotten and isn't one of the things even HE himself talks a lot about in public now. Gore also doesnt even agree with his own writing on some issues. I think he wrote the book when he was young and inexperienced and has grown up and learned a more....balanced approach to reality. This is just an opinion however [img]smile.gif[/img]

Gore also has a history of claiming to have done things that he did not do....The Internet claim is debatavble because of the context, but in a speech to potential voters he laid claim to having been the reporter that broke the story about Love Canal, a story that broke before he was even a Journalist. There is nothing all that great about AG, he is no better than any other Democratic politician....nor worse.

[ 05-09-2002, 01:54 PM: Message edited by: MagiK ]

Old 05-09-2002, 01:54 PM   #16
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
quote:
Want to relive some of the greatest speeches in American history? Check this site: BUSHDAMAN

Minor example ME2
ME3
ME4
ME5
ME6
ME7 ME8

I especially love these ones: Border relations between Canada and Mexico have never been better

And one of the things we've got to make sure that we do is anything.

This Thursday, ticket counters and airplanes will fly out of Reagan International Airport.

We ought to be the country feeding faces all across the world.

I had great visits with the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia. They're -- according to some American newspapers, they're, you know, very much engaged, and I appreciate that. I'm pleased with that. I think that's a positive development.

After all, it is where children from all over America learn to be responsible citizens, and learn to have the skills necessary to take advantage of our fantastic opportunistic society

I reconciled my love for my dad a long time ago.

- George W. Bush (junior)
Just curious [img]smile.gif[/img] Have you ever done any public speaking? I have and I would be embarrased for any one to hear some of my Gaffs [img]smile.gif[/img]

No one is perfect and GWB never claimed nor had it said about him that he was a great public speaker...but every single world leader he has met with and talke dto in person has come away praising his sincerity, honesty and conviction [img]smile.gif[/img]

I do however disagree with how the Gman is dealing with the Palistinians..I think he should oleave Israel alone to do what they need to do.
[/QUOTE]Good point about public speaking, and I can relate HOWEVER, Bush has been doing the job for a while, and public speaking is a huge part of it. In my view, the man who is leading up the most powerful nation in the world needs to be good at saying what he means. It's all very well for Tom next door to stumble and say the wrong thing when he's addressing a parent's evening, or whatever, but when every word that a person says is examined and intepreted, then I think that person needs to be articulate. Not to be so, could be dangerous. (Although Bush comes over as dangerous enough as he is...)

As far as Israel goes, come on. To all intents and purposes he IS leaving them alone. A few pathetic bleats here and there, whilst waving them on from behind his back can hardly be construed as getting involved.
Old 05-09-2002, 02:03 PM   #17
MagiK

Quote:
quote:
Quote:
[qb]I do however disagree with how the Gman is dealing with the Palistinians..I think he should oleave Israel alone to do what they need to do.
Good point about public speaking, and I can relate HOWEVER, Bush has been doing the job for a while, and public speaking is a huge part of it. In my view, the man who is leading up the most powerful nation in the world needs to be good at saying what he means. It's all very well for Tom next door to stumble and say the wrong thing when he's addressing a parent's evening, or whatever, but when every word that a person says is examined and intepreted, then I think that person needs to be articulate. Not to be so, could be dangerous. (Although Bush comes over as dangerous enough as he is...)

As far as Israel goes, come on. To all intents and purposes he IS leaving them alone. A few pathetic bleats here and there, whilst waving them on from behind his back can hardly be construed as getting involved.
Personally I dont think his public speaking ability to the media matters too much to nayone but people interested in getting elected...as WORLD leader It is far more important that he be able to have meaningful personal dialog with the other world leaders. They may not like what he says but so far they have respected him as the man. (for the most part).

Exactly how is he "waving them on from behind his back"?? What actions has he taken to show approval behind the scenes? I havent seen any indication that he has meant anything other than what he has said...its not like he signed an emergency spending bill to send more arms to Israel or anything. Without gongressional approval he can't really do anything to cut support. There is very strong support for Israel in congress.

Old 05-09-2002, 02:17 PM   #18
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
quote:
quote:
Quote:
[qb]I do however disagree with how the Gman is dealing with the Palistinians..I think he should oleave Israel alone to do what they need to do.
Good point about public speaking, and I can relate HOWEVER, Bush has been doing the job for a while, and public speaking is a huge part of it. In my view, the man who is leading up the most powerful nation in the world needs to be good at saying what he means. It's all very well for Tom next door to stumble and say the wrong thing when he's addressing a parent's evening, or whatever, but when every word that a person says is examined and intepreted, then I think that person needs to be articulate. Not to be so, could be dangerous. (Although Bush comes over as dangerous enough as he is...)

Personally I dont think his public speaking ability to the media matters too much to nayone but people interested in getting elected...as WORLD leader It is far more important that he be able to have meaningful personal dialog with the other world leaders. They may not like what he says but so far they have respected him as the man. (for the most part).

Exactly how is he "waving them on from behind his back"?? What actions has he taken to show approval behind the scenes? I havent seen any indication that he has meant anything other than what he has said...its not like he signed an emergency spending bill to send more arms to Israel or anything. Without gongressional approval he can't really do anything to cut support. There is very strong support for Israel in congress.
[/QUOTE]On the 'respected him as a man', how do you know? Have you discussed the point with any of them? It would be highly bizarre for any leading politician, (except those representing countries overtly hostile to the US who don't care who knows it) to say anything in the least bit negative about George Bush. Not just bizarre, - stupid. Of course no-one is going to criticise him out loud! (They may genuinely think he's amazing. I have no idea. But certainly what politicians say in public needs to be taken with a pinch of salt, n'est pas?)

As to Israel, well, what has he said, really? He's very carefully not saying very much, it strikes me. I thought the way Colin Powell sauntered over there a few weeks ago was interesting, taking in a tour of parts of the middle east before actually getting to Israel.

Hot potatoes, anyone?
Old 05-09-2002, 02:20 PM   #19
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:

Interesting Freudian slip there MagiK.

Whaddya mean, WORLD leader? Aha, you begin to show your true colours... takeover bid, anyone?
Old 05-09-2002, 02:23 PM   #20
MagiK

Quote:
quote:

Interesting Freudian slip there MagiK.

Whaddya mean, WORLD leader? Aha, you begin to show your true colours... takeover bid, anyone?
[/QUOTE]Bush is a WORLD leader, as is Your chief of state, as is The French President as are many others... [img]smile.gif[/img] no freudian slip there...all my freudians are sex oriented [img]smile.gif[/img]