Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2004, 08:02 PM   #1
shadowspecter
The Magister

I got some quesitons...again.

In the manual, it says that once your're not a lawful paladin, you won't be able to level up in that class anymore till you become lawful again. Will you still be able to keep the abilities like Divine Grace?

Also how can you make Tomi disable traps?

I don't get how the alignment thing works...right now my character has 15 chaoitic and 100 good. I'm still a chaotic character right? How do you stay neutrel when your doing good things? Not quite sure if I just word that right...Anyone want to explain this to me?

[ 04-09-2004, 02:28 PM: Message edited by: shadowspecter ]
“Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.” <br />-Mark Twain<br /><br />“If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?” <br />-Scott Adams
shadowspecter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 08:30 PM   #2
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
Alignment works on two scales. Chaos-Law and Evil-Good.
On one scale, 0 points means completely chaotic and 100 points means completely lawful. 0 points on the other scale means complete evil and 100 means completely good. Neutral falls in the middle. I'm not sure what might change the Chaos-Law scale in the OC, so I don't know...
And yes, with 15 (Chaotic) and 100 (Good) it means that you're completely good and very chaotic. It doesn't mean much.
As for paladin abilities, I'm not sure how they work.
Tomi should always be detecting traps. If you spot a trap, try pulling up the radial menu for Disable and see if that works... It's speculation, though.

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 05:57 AM   #3
Stratos
Vampire

You can't change your alignment on the lawful-chaotic scale in NWN, but you can in SoU and HotU. I don't remember exactly, but I don't think that the alignments shifts in each individual case is very big, so you should be able to keep a lawful alignment in both of the expansions.

As for Tomi and traps, I believe there is a disable trap command in his radial meny.
Old 03-30-2004, 09:26 AM   #4
Albromor
Mephistopheles

My experience with Tomi has been that he automatically found and then disabled traps. Every once in a while I would have to resort to the radial arm commands, but this was the exception not the rule. Sometimes, because of the game AI I would have to wait before Tomi went into action.
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 08:07 PM   #5
shadowspecter
The Magister

Man....this alignment really sucks. So 0-49 means evil/chaotic, 50 means neutrel, and 51-100 means good/lawful...is there anything that would allow you to be a paladin that can still gain levels that isn's lawful good?

BTW, thanks everyone for answering my questions that I had.
“Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.” <br />-Mark Twain<br /><br />“If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?” <br />-Scott Adams
Old 03-30-2004, 08:51 PM   #6
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
No, neutral isn't just 50. I'd wager that anywhere from around 35 to 65 is neutral.

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 01:05 AM   #7
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by shadowspecter:
I got some quesitons...again.

In the manual, it says that once your're not a lawful paladin, you won't be able to level up in that class anymore till you become lawful again. Will you still be able to keep the abilities like Divine Grace?

Also how can you make Tomi disable traps?

I don't get how the alignment thing works...right now my character has 15 chaoitic and 100 good. I'm still a chaotic character right? How do you stay neutrel when your doing good things? Not quite sure if I just word that right...Anyone want to explain this to me?
Yes you will keep divine grace.

Click "Handle trap" on the henchman radial.

Technically you cannot. It is explained in the alignment description that very few adventurers are true neutral. That is not the alignment of a person who's actions modify the world around him.
Old 03-31-2004, 07:14 AM   #8
Stratos
Vampire

Quote:
Originally posted by shadowspecter:
Man....this alignment really sucks. So 0-49 means evil/chaotic, 50 means neutrel, and 51-100 means good/lawful...is there anything that would allow you to be a paladin that can still gain levels that isn's lawful good?

BTW, thanks everyone for answering my questions that I had.
No, there's no way to continue to level up as a Paladin without being lawful good, as that alignment is part of the idea of the Paladin. Unless you really try, it shouldn't be too difficult to keep a lawful good alignment. On the other hand, if you constantly do evil or chaotic choices, then you really play the wrong class to begin with.
Old 04-04-2004, 04:01 PM   #9
shadowspecter
The Magister

Hmmm....I do believe that there is paladins that doesn't worship a lawful good god. There should be other types of paladins. Isn't Keldorn from BG2 a neutrel character? Bummer.....Thanks anyway
Old 04-04-2004, 04:12 PM   #10
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

There's the BlackGuard....