Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2002, 11:00 AM   #21
Deathcow
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Megabot:
quote:
Megabot: you didnt give it enough time, you couldn't even have gotten out of the prelude yet!

thanks to the few defenders of NWN in this post, there are too many negative comments gathered in one topic! stop it stop it stop it!

the camera doesnt bother me at all, i like it...i use the top down.

and if you think a class combination is absurd, dont use it! let others have their fun, not everyone is a roleplayer...too many complaints to reply to, aaaaargh!
No i have not even get out of the nasty "prelude" yet and i dont see any way to get OUT of the darn place the door is closed so i MUST go trough the "training" thingie that i hate, i have played BG 1000 times so i knove most of the control thingies in this type of game! The only thing i like is the character pictures of the females they are great but the voise acting is so horrible that i hate that to!

But but maby i shall give it a trie later when i have finished Morrowind because i dont have any other games to play, or maby i play Wizardry 8 one more time
So guys maby 95% of you like the game but it seems to me that i am in the 5% who not like it, sorry about that!
[/QUOTE]lol...you cant take the 93 seconds (including running to the designated area) that it takes to complete the training? if you dont like boring tutorials, say "i dont need a tutorial, just let me take my final test" and youre almost done!

itll take you another 15 seconds after that to complete the test, for ANY class. then you go through the door with the guard at the end of the hall and you get to start killing things. i cant believe you didnt even play that far! give it another chance [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-06-2002, 11:27 AM   #22
theifprowess
Drizzt Do'Urden

man alot of bitching going on here i see. yorick a race issue also.damn.shouldd have disney been sued for portraying gypsies as thiefs?does a tall black man not play basketball? not professionally maybe but im willing to bet he does play.they find a new way to play the game out and we hear bitching.OMG the game is so difficult i cant find my way out of the prelude. im to impatient.

the voices also. theres more voices here then in BG2. besides in BG2 they didnt really talk, you just went into battle and rrrraaggggghhhhhhhhhh. they now have a whole list of cammonds you can say and everything.not to mention they are all barbaric sounding voices.*bust out lispy gay voice* umm excuse me boys why must we all be fighting here. cant we all just get along. how bout i buy you a mochacinno. would that voice make you happy?

go play the mindless D2 or better yet see you get your butt rearanged trying to play something like counterstrike or unreal tournament. you play this game for its uniqueness not how well or evenly matched it was to its predicessor.how can you compare a game to another when its based on totally different rules and style..

oh and quicksave key is "g"
Old 07-06-2002, 01:52 PM   #23
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

I love the game, even if it's not as involved a story as BGII, my favorite. I think that Arabeth and Sharwyn are interesting characters, so I am roleplaying the whole thing. For the record, I love the combat and HATE Diablo.
Old 07-06-2002, 01:54 PM   #24
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Thief prowess, having a voice you feel represents your character is very important to roleplaying.

You've highlighted they are all aggro, I've highlighted that as a complaint. Where is the old mage? The cynical coolheaded dude? The funloving Bard? Simmeringly angry Ranger, death threatening whispering assassin, nonchalant Knight? It's not hard. Voice over people are everywhere. It's just bad decisionmaking on the creators part.

Secondly, with the race issue you're talking about a NEGATIVE STEREOTYPE. African Americans playing basketball is not a negative stareotype. Gypsies being thieves are.

The option to play a Gypsie should fall under RACE not CLASS, where it's class is a rogue/thief.

A Gypsie could be a Bard, an Acrobat, an Illusionist, a Merchant, a Craftsman, or a thief. These guys have labelled them as a thief subclass! I'm sorry, it's just not good.

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 07-06-2002, 02:05 PM   #25
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

Yorick, aren't they Rogues, not Thieves? But, still, you're right it is a negative stereotype. Maybe they put it in hoping someone would make a fuss and give them free publicity.
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Old 07-06-2002, 04:22 PM   #26
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
What`s next will Warcraft III be boring to like NWN? OMG i got the NWN game yesterday i played 1/2 houer or was it 15 minutes before the game was OFF my computer! ha but the grapich was nice that`s all for me somone in Norway that will buy it from me? Only mail me or reply here!
You obviously didn't give it a chance.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 07-06-2002, 04:59 PM   #27
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
OMG i got the NWN game yesterday i played 1/2 houer or was it 15 minutes before the game was OFF my computer!
Megabot, you're entitled to your opinion, but this very statement makes it impossible for anyone to take your opinion seriously. It's like watching the 1st minute of a movie and saying the movie is crap based on that.

Or getting behind the wheel of a car, driving for 20 metres in a straight line in second gear, then saying that the car doesn't handle well.

Assuming you're old enough to drive, that is.

[ 07-06-2002, 05:02 PM: Message edited by: Memnoch ]

Old 07-06-2002, 05:31 PM   #28
uss
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
I think that Arabeth and Sharwyn are interesting characters, so I am roleplaying the whole thing.
Hmm, do you mean them or their breasts? umm, forget i said that .

I once did a topic about mua not liking NwN. Like everything, it needed time to understand and like. the feats and skills seemed helluva complicated at first but later i started undersanding them.

What is all this nonsense about Gypsie thieves!? i didn`t notice anything! are you talking about the portraits?
Old 07-06-2002, 05:42 PM   #29
uss
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
quote:
What`s next will Warcraft III be boring to like NWN? OMG i got the NWN game yesterday i played 1/2 houer or was it 15 minutes before the game was OFF my computer! ha but the grapich was nice that`s all for me somone in Norway that will buy it from me? Only mail me or reply here!
You obviously didn't give it a chance.[/QUOTE]Hey, Ziroc! Lets kill Megabot, Yorick and all the others that say Neverwinter Nights sucks! Then lets hire about 50 people who say through the net that NwN is the best game theyve ever played! Then release your mod which will suck EVEN MORE than the official campaign! At that time, everybody will have such a pathetic game like NwN, BioWare will make billions and everybody will hate it! muwahahahahahaa!

i love NwN [img]smile.gif[/img] . though im still at chapter 1 and havent gone anywhere..
Old 07-06-2002, 05:45 PM   #30
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by theifprowess:

the voices also. theres more voices here then in BG2. besides in BG2 they didnt really talk, you just went into battle and rrrraaggggghhhhhhhhhh. they now have a whole list of cammonds you can say and everything.not to mention they are all barbaric sounding voices.*bust out lispy gay voice* umm excuse me boys why must we all be fighting here. cant we all just get along. how bout i buy you a mochacinno. would that voice make you happy?
Yeah but the fact that they are all barbaric is the problem. In BGII there were less to choose from, but more variety in terms of there being some butch voices and some less butch. Why not have a 'lispy gay voice'? That's what roleplaying is. Would be nice not to have to play a fierce warrior everytime.

I do like the emote thingy but. I like the belly laugh you can do [img]smile.gif[/img]