Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2002, 01:19 PM   #161
uss
20th Level Warrior

Wow.. i read this whole thread with great interest. it all got kinda interesting .
Old 07-09-2002, 01:43 PM   #162
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by tegoyo:
On last time to Yorick: If you programm a game like what you described, I would play it if its good, if not I ignore it (no misunderstanding here, I ignore it because it is a bad game.) Its games, man, and out there are tons of games that put people in a box. I think by now you are just making a fool of yourself by not droping the subject. You got your letter from bioware, what else? Start a war?Stop bioware from developing games?
I thought that this topic had finally achieved some sort of closure - thiefprowess had finally agreed to respect Yorick's right to email Bioware even if he didn't agree with it or think it would do any good - which is a mature thing to do.

As far as I can see, you're just parroting what thiefprowess said, tegoyo - you haven't contributed anything new to this thread. In fact all you seem to be doing is continuing to propagate a point of view that was put forward by thiefprowess about 5 pages ago in the interest of continuing an argument which has already been resolved. Thiefprowess has agreed to disagree with Yorick and move on to other things. I suggest you do the same.

We live in a democracy, people - if people want to email game designers to raise concerns with aspects of the game, LET THEM. They have the right to do that. Continually arguing with them for doing that is like harrassing people who are trying to vote in an election just because you think voting is a waste of time. Not only are you being negative and pessimistic about trying to change things, you want to bring other people down to your level of negativity when they want to try and do something positive. I'm amazed, really.

I think everyone here has well and truly had their say - let's all move on. Everyone has the right to disagree with other people's posts - but repetitive bitching and whining because the other person didn't agree with you is not welcome here. Say your 2c and move on when it becomes obvious you're not going to agree with that person. Life will not end just because you can't get them (or others) to agree with you.

[ 07-09-2002, 01:51 PM: Message edited by: Memnoch ]

Old 07-09-2002, 01:45 PM   #163
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
Why must everyone bitch and whine just because Yorick decides to see if he can manage to change something that he sees as offensive towards a certain culture? Will it lessen your enjoyment of the game if he manages to get it changed? No. Will it increase his enjoyment of the game? Possibly.

I see no reason to argue with Yorick even though I might not agree entirely with what he's saying since if he succeeds it harms noone and helps him.

Unless of course there are people out there who think that gypsies SHOULD be portrayed in this way. In which case I couldn't care less if it makes them feel uncomfortable if it's changed since they're obviously a bunch of intolerant racist morons.
In answer to your question, as to why I comment on it...My reasoning is thus....

If a person posts on a public forum about an issue, he does so inviting responses and opinions. If said person did not wish to hear the opinions of others, that person whould not have brought the issue up in a public forum.

Like I said. I think he is waaaaaaay off on this but encourage him to send letters, email and detailed documentation to whatever officials he can find that won't just trash them without reading.

So what is wrong with us commenting with views and opinions that are contrary to his stated opinion?

Closed Thread