Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2001, 10:42 AM   #1
ccannon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hello all - glad the board is back up. Hey, two questions for you gurus out there. First off, are cursed items necessarily bad? I found a two-handed great sword of doom which was cursed. In the description, though, I didn't see anything negative about it. What happens if I use it?

Secondly, what does it mean when your armor or helmet or whatever is in a red box on their inventory page? You know, normally it'll be outlined in green - what does the red mean?

Oh well, I think that satisfies my curiosity for now. Take care all and I'll talk to you soon.
ccannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2001, 11:00 AM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Hi ccannon!!

Cursed items can sometimes be useful. Generally their curse will take hit points from you every now and then, or reduce some stat/skill. One of my characters was using a cursed staff for a very long time as it was the best weapon he could equip and he regenerated quickly enough to not worry about the hit losses the staff took.
Post the information on the sword and maybe we can figure out its "dark side"

Hmmm - red outline - check to see if the item needs to be repaired. Sounds like it is about to fall apart from damage to me.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2001, 02:06 PM   #3
ccannon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks, Wyv, as usual. I'll look at repairing those items and see if that helps. I'll also go look at that sword again and see. . . more details to follow *grin*
ccannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2001, 10:39 PM   #4
Dr.Pick
Zhentarim Guard

YES! When an equipped item's box is highlighted in red, it is in danger of shattering if you continue to use it!

My Samurai is currently using, perhaps an identical 2-handed Great sword. It blesses up quite nicely, and packs a good WOLLUP!! However, I didn't notice what the downside is. I haven't noticed any loss of hit points, so I'll hafta look when we go out exterminatin' them crazy critters out on the Gael Serran.

+Dr.Pick
Dr.Pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2001, 04:04 AM   #5
Grynner
Welcomed New User

Yeppers, I found "The Devil's Axe" this big ol' 2 hander...enchanted it for +10 dam (now it's dam is something like 18-56). Equiped it and discovered...Damn, it's cursed. Haven't seen many/any side effects just yet however, so don't know what's up with the curse end of the spectrum. Any ideas from people??? (other than it may inoportunely stone my opponents???)

Grynner

------------------
I'm juat looking for the ultimate Crime; infinite victims, infinitesimal time; I'm so very guilty with no reason or rhyme; now I'm just searching, and I'm killing some time; infinitely searching for the ultimate crime.
-Meatloaf
Grynner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2001, 10:47 PM   #6
Lancelot2001ca
Elite Waterdeep Guard

hello, just bought the game and boy some things are frustrating!

Why is it so hard to target something in this game?
It is frustrating!!

I mean, you got that huge door, chest, monster ,whatever, and you must work with the mouse patiently until you have the part that can be targeted that is as big as the point of a needle. Why didn't they do a polygon covering the item for selection purpose instead of dots? Does the patch fix this? This is what makes the game suck, I enjoy every other aspect of it though.

Anyways, due to this, it really sucks and it's frustrating. Forget about the real time game, you can't target the creatures that attacks you before they kill you.

Please tell me what to do...

I got a an Intel P3, 866 mhz, 192 meg ram, Windows Me, with the latest version of directx.
Lancelot2001ca is offline   Reply With Quote