Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2003, 05:53 PM   #11
Zero Alpha

actualy i expect it proably could. best thing is to test it on someone elses system. also what caused the last stick to die? if you havent had your system working since then it may be somehting more sevire. still to early to start worring so best just test.
Old 06-04-2003, 06:03 PM   #12
andrewas
Harper

If you do use a pencil eraser on it, be incredibly gentle. Those gold contacts at the bottom are very thin and losing even one makes the stick useless.
Old 06-04-2003, 07:44 PM   #13
Animal
Gold Dragon

You do have the right kind of RAM right? You're not trying to run PC100 on a 133FSB? Turn of the quick POST in your BIOS and let your system test the RAM.
Old 06-04-2003, 11:37 PM   #14
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Also, if you go to simmtester.com, you can download some software that will help test out your memory. That may help clue you in.

Not all memory is compatible, either. I have an older PC with a motherboard that won't take any memory sticks I can find today. It's stuck at 64MB, and will be for a long, long time... fortunately, my six-year-old daughter's games don't tax it much
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 06-05-2003, 01:57 AM   #15
Gammit
Elminster

If it turns out that you did get the right type of ram, I would believe that you bought a bad stick. As suggested, try bringing it back to the shop to get it tested and/or return it.
Old 06-05-2003, 07:04 AM   #16
Drake
Baaz Draconian

good morning lovely people.....*he says as he looks into three mirrors* [img]graemlins/showoff.gif[/img]

Zero Alpha- my last stick didnt die, I gave it to my father because I thought that 256 would be enough for me. it was working up till the day we deparded *sheds a tear over the memory of his long lost memory*

Andrewas- thank you for that, I will be careful.

Animal- I have SDRAM. its the same kind that I was using before, so I dont thats my problem. "Turn of the quick POST in your BIOS" err.... I have heard of something called a BIOS before, but I dont know how to do what you suggest.

Bungleau- simmtester aye? sounds good I'll give it a look over thnx. and I think RAM is compatible. it's the same kind anyway.

Gammit- there is no shop to bring it back to. I bought it used.