Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-2000, 11:45 PM   #1
Vagabond

Before I read about that little bug that doesn't let you scroll down the skill list when advancing, I put 1 point into each of my warriors' weapon skills. But I think this bug would have affected me anyway since I haven't changed classes yet. The problem is that I got the double strike trait, but can't add points to the 2nd weapon skill. I can train the skill at the guild, but it's not in my skill list.

Do I have to train it once to get it to show up, or is this just the bug? If it is the bug, is there a workaround besides guild training? And why didn't they fix this in the patch?

Thanks
Old 12-28-2000, 12:09 AM   #2
tritone

If I'm not wrong, the skill should show up if you have a rating of more than 0% in it. Get it? Your skill may be less than 1; so long as it is more than 0, it will show up. Is this correct, fellow Wizards and Warriors?

The bug is rumoured/slated to be fixed in the next patch (info from the HP tech forum).
Old 12-28-2000, 04:58 AM   #3
carg
The Magister

Some skills you can automatically train when you are the right role, but others you'll have to buy at a guild before you can increase them at level up. 2nd weapon skill is one of the latter: you have to buy it from the warrior or bushi guild before it's in your skill list and you can use it.
Note that this means that when you gain guild level 4, you can get double strike, but you still need to level up before you can actually use it, because you need to get 2nd weapon as well. (I you're a high enough member of both guilds you can get both trait and skill immediately of course.)
And don't put your hopes too high yet: at skill level 1 you won't get many second attacks. But at level 5, 6 or something you almost always do. (Perhaps this is dependent on the opponent as well.)
carg is offline   Reply With Quote