Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Darkstone

Old 04-06-2001, 06:49 PM   #1
Poe_the_Monk
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Adam..go back to Wal-Mart and get the box. do it now.

The game is already a couple years old I believe so this is why the forum activity is not really at a peak anymore. The game however, is one of the best ever made considering its excellent balance of playability, ease of use, and decent graphics. Also, you can fulfill the game's storyline in both single player and with friends in multiplayer! ...which is impressive even by todays standards considering we must endure a plethora of moronic companies who are STILL making RPG's and RTS's with "slim to zero" multiplayer support....i.e. the recently released "Summoner" developed by Volition.Inc....in their multiplayer mode all of the quests have been solved, all the gateways opened, and every single interactive object has been deactivated so you are left to do nothing but wander around and hack and slash.

Your going to enjoy Darkstone!. I still pop the CD in and play once in a while but my interest has come back full swing now that I'm experimenting with the downloadable quest editor which itself is one of the best I've seen.

good luck,

Poe

Poe_the_Monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2001, 07:21 AM   #2
Ziroc

Quote:
Originally posted by Poe_the_Monk:
Adam..go back to Wal-Mart and get the box. do it now.

The game is already a couple years old I believe so this is why the forum activity is not really at a peak anymore. The game however, is one of the best ever made considering its excellent balance of playability, ease of use, and decent graphics. Also, you can fulfill the game's storyline in both single player and with friends in multiplayer! ...which is impressive even by todays standards considering we must endure a plethora of moronic companies who are STILL making RPG's and RTS's with "slim to zero" multiplayer support....i.e. the recently released "Summoner" developed by Volition.Inc....in their multiplayer mode all of the quests have been solved, all the gateways opened, and every single interactive object has been deactivated so you are left to do nothing but wander around and hack and slash.

Your going to enjoy Darkstone!. I still pop the CD in and play once in a while but my interest has come back full swing now that I'm experimenting with the downloadable quest editor which itself is one of the best I've seen.

good luck,

Poe

I agree, it's one of my top favorites! The game engine is brilliantly built, and is so smooth. I got SO MAD when everyone was calling it a diablo clone.. give me a break, Darkstone was 3D!!! Even NOW, Darkstone uses better technology than Diablo 2! I hope they make a 2nd one, I'd reserve a copy in a second!

Ziroc
Old 04-09-2001, 12:11 AM   #3
Poe_the_Monk
Elite Waterdeep Guard

hehe I agree with your agreeance Ziroc,

what is really sad is that darkstone didnt have the benefit of good marketing because it really was deserving.

oh and I have serious issues with Diablo 2....I got so excited when I saw the box had 3 CD's...only to be dissapointed that one was entirely cinimatics...now I know what they spent all that extra time and money doing...I would have much rather that disk contain more gaming levels and storyline....not some half baked attempt at an animated feature film. I'm not real big on large cinimatic sequences...it wastes valuable space for more important stuff...like stuff that involves me and my joystick!!!! DUH!!! LOL

compared to BG2, Diablo 2 is absolute garbage...I still enjoyed it a bit but didnt get as into it as the original Diablo... for all the delays it had in its development, it is a very short game and doesnt hold a candle to BG2...IMHO
Poe_the_Monk is offline   Reply With Quote