Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2001, 08:52 AM   #71
Davros
Takhisis Follower

12 international players - I somehow really doubt that, unless you're counting the 3 or 4 under 21 reps as full internationals. Certainly I heard the statement that there were 9 wallabies (ie 9 guys that have made a tour party some time in their better years). I think there are only maybe 2 of that side that might front up for the full wallabies team.

All that aside, still a sparkling effort from the Lions (note to self - wash mouth out with soap to remove bad taste), but it doesn't look like Donut would have improved his winnings too much in the 2nd half. LOL, the comentators pointed out that West Australia are still the only side to score multiple tries against the Lions. Oh well, when do Steve Waugh's boys play next .

------------------
Old 06-17-2001, 06:36 AM   #72
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
OK, just suffered through the Reds dismal first half performance against the British Lions. While I don't recognise 5 on the names, the QLD side cannot be said to be a bunch of hacks. It will delight my London pal to hear that I deem this to be an impressive performance by the Lions. For my education, how many of the side come from England - how was the representation split tonight between the countries?

Those tests are shaping up as good games - should be a pleasant change from previous tours (ha, you couldn't expect me not to get one good dig in at least - and here's another - CRICKET ).

9 Englismen & 2 each from Scotland, Ireland & Wales. There is huge competition for test places and only a handful of players can be certain of their place.

------------------

Save Chip - Don't let Sarah win!
Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas
Old 06-17-2001, 06:58 AM   #73
Donut
Jack Burton

Far be it for me to take this off topic but I wonder if anyone can help me?

While I was waiting for the rugby to start I was watching a rather strange spectacle on the TV. A gang of grotesquely oversized men (about 36 of them) where hurtling around the screen trying to grab hold of a piece of soap which was shaped like a rugby ball. If someone was lucky enough to grab hold of the soap they immediately tried to get rid of it by punching or kicking it. At the same time they had to kick or grab one of the other men.

To make things worse they were doing this on an oval shaped rugby pitch where someone had forgotten to put the crossbar up. Sometimes an ice cream man standing by the posts stood up and demonstrated the size of the fish he had just caught (I think).

What I would like to know is, firstly, what was the purpose of this unedifying spectacle and secondly, and far more importantly, why was it being shown on a SPORTS channel?

------------------

Old 06-17-2001, 08:12 AM   #74
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Donut, every so often you make me laugh my ass off. I so look forward to these creative gems of yours! We're the AFL world champions, thank you very much.

------------------
Old 06-17-2001, 08:22 AM   #75
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

I dont know about that sport donut but just the other day I saw a game on ESPN that looked very similar to baseball but they hit the ball with a boat oar and you would think the pitcher was a child by the speed of his throw ....come to think of it I do remember they called this "sport" the name of a insect...maybe because someone needs to squash it out of existence

------------------

BOW TO THE BISCUIT KING AND HIS THRONE OF SCONE!!!
Old 06-17-2001, 09:06 AM   #76
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Sometimes an ice cream man standing by the posts stood up and demonstrated the size of the fish he had just caught (I think).
ROFLOLWP - vivid imagination Donut - I think that's hilarious. You are well aware of course that you are referring to good old "Aussie Rules" football. Great news, my team the Brisbane Lions have strung together 3 succesive wins, and after winning 2 away games on the trot, are right back in finals contention. Tell me, have you grasped any of the finer points of the game yet?? Every week, thousands of Aussies go to the game, not to watch the football, but to referee the game and tell the umpire how, why, and what he is doing wrong .

------------------
Old 06-18-2001, 05:03 AM   #77
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
ROFLOLWP - vivid imagination Donut - I think that's hilarious. You are well aware of course that you are referring to good old "Aussie Rules" football. Great news, my team the Brisbane Lions have strung together 3 succesive wins, and after winning 2 away games on the trot, are right back in finals contention. Tell me, have you grasped any of the finer points of the game yet?? Every week, thousands of Aussies go to the game, not to watch the football, but to referee the game and tell the umpire how, why, and what he is doing wrong .

Thank you Memnoch & Davros but I am still very confused. Davros - you mean this game has rules and 'finer points'? Surely not

Memnoch if your team are the world champions when and where were the world championships held and which other countries were involved?

------------------

Old 06-18-2001, 05:20 AM   #78
antonius
Zhentarim Guard

Donut,

It's fair enough, let them call themselves "world champions". After all I am world champion in "obscuresportjustinventedbyme". I'm never telling anyone the rules, but anyone who wants to challenge me can

It's no worse than the US with the World Series (Rounders is it?), or maybe it is since Canadians also play that...

The vital point is that they are world champions of a much more important sport, but have suffered a recent loss to England and shortly to the Lions.

BTW, any significance to the France-SA result?
Old 06-18-2001, 05:52 AM   #79
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by antonius:
Donut,

It's fair enough, let them call themselves "world champions". After all I am world champion in "obscuresportjustinventedbyme". I'm never telling anyone the rules, but anyone who wants to challenge me can

It's no worse than the US with the World Series (Rounders is it?), or maybe it is since Canadians also play that...

The vital point is that they are world champions of a much more important sport, but have suffered a recent loss to England and shortly to the Lions.

BTW, any significance to the France-SA result?
I like the name of your sport but it would be best if you didn't have rules (like AFL ) You might want to add a smilie to the comment about baseball. I have noticed that there are somethings that Americans will not joke about and Number one is their national sport (Not that I think any Americans visit this thread

As to the rugby, England beat Australia and the Lions have put better players in 6 positions. The Wallabies are hiding their players but they won't be able to do it forever!

The SA-France game just goes to prove that France are France! On their day they can beat the best in the world. I expect them to get a tonking in the second test.

------------------

Old 06-18-2001, 06:31 AM   #80
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
Memnoch if your team are the world champions when and where were the world championships held and which other countries were involved?
You do know this was a gimme for you, seeing as you guys invented a whole new way to lose a cricket match last night...

------------------