Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2006, 12:15 AM   #131
Deiter Leafblade
Emerald Dragon

His eyes fell to her sickle as it rested against his throat. She could very easily kill him, and yet she didn't. Was she offering him a chance to return to the city alive... or was she just toying with him? Attempting to fill him with false hope? His gaze followed the blade of the sickle, up the wood of the handle, traveling up the upper portion of her body until stopping upon her eyes. She appeared to be a frail old woman. Taking a step towards her, he felt the bite of the metal press into his skin. A small trickle of blood started to slide its way down his neck, the warmth an unusal comfort. "And what is it that you'll do if you decide against letting me go?"

[ 07-13-2006, 01:09 AM: Message edited by: Deiter Leafblade ]
Deiter Leafblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 02:20 AM   #132
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

”The usual course of action is to let you leave peacefully...” her voice trailed off smoothly. “… through death.” She met his defiant stare evenly. A brash fool who deserved to die for his impudence, this was. And yet something was holding back this finality. What was it that withheld her at this moment? It was something she would reflect upon, in time to come.

“You have heard both sides of the matter, young one.” Streaks of light flashed across her azure eyes. “The time has come to choose. Whose side are you on?” The tip of the sickle sank a little deeper towards his Adam’s apple.
mistral4543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 03:49 AM   #133
Deiter Leafblade
Emerald Dragon

Whose side am I on? Do I owe Lord Gerald anything? He knew he didn't, but this woman before him... She had let such cruelty happen to innocents. The forest was saturated with the death of countless lives that had been taken, and yet was her side worth listening to? Rehan decided this would be an opportunity to learn more about his enemy. There had to be a weakness somewhere inside of her and he would be the one to find it.

Loosening his grip on his sword, "Yours." Was all he allowed to escape his mouth. Silence fell over the forest again as they watched one another. Refusing to back down, he stood his ground letting the sickle continue to bite into his skin, causing another small stream of blood. Thoughts briefly flashed through his mind on if his plan would fail. Would anyone care if he died? Cities and villages would mourn, but only at the loss of peace he had been able to give when he could. Rehan knew, truly, no one would care if he died. It was all the motivation he needed for his foolish plan.
Old 07-13-2006, 09:06 AM   #134
mistral4543

Despite his words, the rebellious glint in his eye was unmistakable. He means to buy time. Just like the rest before him, only that he did not grovel as they did, those gutless wretches who had started off with false bravado well enough. Yes, they had collapsed at the first sign of danger, cowered before her and pleaded for their filthy lives.

Indeed, this little upstart proved to be more resilient than the rest. Is there any value in keeping him alive? Her instincts told her no, but the hand which gripped the sickle tightly enough was fighting an equal and opposite force. Gritting her teeth, she glared at the boy, then his sword hand. Noticing the slight movement there, she grasped his wrist, flung it outward and watched the blade sail in the air, colliding with the ground with a clatter. Two startled leopards took a step forward, sniffed it, then stepped protectively over it.

"Since you claim to be on my side..." she pronounced the words with deliberate slowness as she released her grip on his hand and traced the streams of blood upon his neck. "... you shall prove your allegiance." She raised a bloodied finger and drew a line across his right cheek.

"You will guard this forest with your life, and kill all who so much as lay their fingers upon any of the living creatures." There was a deadly intensity of her voice which rang in the air. "And, just in case you may have difficulty remembering your loyalties..." she motioned the nearest black bear forward. "... Ebony here will be your reminder."

Taking a step back, she studied his reaction carefully, as if she were waiting to catch a glimpse of something. What that something was, she could not pinpoint at that moment.

[ 07-13-2006, 09:08 AM: Message edited by: mistral4543 ]
Old 07-13-2006, 01:50 PM   #135
Deiter Leafblade
Emerald Dragon

With his sword gone, Rehan knew any defense he had left had just been thrown away. Fists were no match against fangs and claws. Remaining silent, he watched her leave a blood mark upon his face. Glancing over at the black bear, he wondered how quickly it was able to kill a man. I don't think I want to find out... Returning his gaze once again to the woman, he took a step towards her closing the small distance. The air was filled with tension as the animals glared at him, ready to protect their mistress at any second. Slowly bringing his hand up to his neck, he let the blood drip onto his finger until it was covered. He then quickly made a line across her left cheek, blood marking her as she had to him. The move was bold, and he could sense and visibly see the beasts outrage.
Old 07-13-2006, 08:29 PM   #136
mistral4543

”Hold.” Imperious was her order as her faithfuls grew restless, seeking to teach the stranger a lesson or two about manners. He is emboldened by your mercy. The thought infuriated her too, but now that she had decided he would not die – at least, not at this moment – it would betray her weakness to go back on her word. Pride… a most complex matter. Her eyes flashing, she remembered to grip her sickle tightly even as she lowered her right hand slightly, simultaneously slamming her free hand forcefully against his right cheek, hissing, “Do not test my patience.”

Turning to her beloved friends, she addressed them authoritatively. “Watch his every move.” The woods echoed her commanding voice.

“At the first sign of mutiny, kill.”

As the creatures roamed protectively around her, she turned. It was all wrong, somehow. But why did she let things slide when she could take his life? A twinge of compunction seized her as she resumed her stroll into the forest’s greater depths.
Old 07-13-2006, 09:34 PM   #137
Deiter Leafblade
Emerald Dragon

He stared at the ground in the direction the force of her blow had sent his face. The right side of his cheek throbbed painfully, causing him to grit his teeth. While she had meant to teach him respect, he had learned something entirely different. She didn't kill him. Rehan knew he could only push her so far, and that it was a fine line he was attempting to tread. Lifting his gaze, he watched her walk away and had started to follow only to have a large paw hit his chest knocking him to the ground. The black bear stood over him menacingly, letting out a low snarl. "Ok, I won't follow."

The two watched each other for several minutes. There was something else inside those wild eyes, but Rehan couldn't place it. He stood up then as the bear turned away. What was he supposed to do now? The only thing left here was that stream that had tried to drown him, and Rehan wanted to be far away from that. Unsure of what to do, he decided on following the bear deeper into the forest.
Old 07-14-2006, 12:52 AM   #138
mistral4543

OOC: My paternal grandpa passed away today and I'm going to Malaysia to attend his wake over the next few days. But I'll try to log on if I have the chance.
Old 07-14-2006, 01:14 AM   #139
Deiter Leafblade
Emerald Dragon

ooc: I'm really sorry to hear about that. I hope you're doing ok, and please don't feel like you have to post. Take all the time you need.
Old 07-16-2006, 05:12 PM   #140
dplax
Jack Burton

OOC: I'm sorry to hear about your loss Mistral. As Deiter said: don't feel pressured to post. Real life should always come first.
dplax is offline   Reply With Quote