Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2006, 04:38 AM   #231
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Telryn

Telryn didn't approve of stealing, but this was a reward for a good deed - stopping the Lords of Vision by burning down a tower.

He put down his shield, grabbed his share of the coin and put it into his coin pouch. He picked up the shield, and moved to one side.

[ 01-14-2006, 04:39 AM: Message edited by: Ivelliis ]
Old 01-14-2006, 06:03 PM   #232
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

As Detheriel, Ydalon, Telryn Gale, Zakaria and Keal escaped the burning building, (OOC: I'm assuming with the crate of loot), the doorway caved in on itself - trapping Narar, Ansolon and Kagarioni inside. There was no way to free the rubble from the tower and those who possessed magic were all but spent. (OOC: No 'darkness' could put out this fire, in case Zakaria was wondering )

Meanwhile, from the forest, Isokla's eyes narrowed as the scent of smoke sniffed at her nostrils and glancing over to Nivram, she murmured, "Come, we should depart. I fear that the tower's afire and judging from the column of smoke rising... our friends may be in danger." She had paused mid-sentence of the last, as though choosing her words carefully. Gathering her satchel, she led the way to the tower where the survivors had gathered, whether or not Nivram chose to follow.

Upon seeing them all gathered there, she immediately frowned and asked, "Where is the spellcaster and warrior?” her blue eyes narrowed further, "And where is that child Kagarioni?” Turning away, Isokla found herself whispering, "If she is not with… she will have fallen.”
Keeping her voice deathly low, she addressed Ydalon, "I hope your ‘victory’ was worth the price…” Aside from that, she showed no outer emotion, and one would have been surprised to learn she suspected her newfound apprentice of falling.

---
OOC: edit - if anyone needs me to clarify further or anything like that, just let me know. I know this post feels a bit rushed and I apologise in advance.

[ 01-14-2006, 06:04 PM: Message edited by: Calaethis Dragonsbane ]
Old 01-14-2006, 08:13 PM   #233
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

Zakaria dropped to his knees, then toppled to his back. I hate old towers.He turned his head to regard Iskola.Hello lovely!He said cheerfully and let out a huge grin. You are unharmed i hope?
Old 01-15-2006, 12:07 PM   #234
Keal

Keal

"So what do we do next, and how did the fire start," Keal said.
Old 01-16-2006, 09:00 PM   #235
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

Zakaria frownd. I don't care.I just want revenge.
Old 01-18-2006, 07:48 PM   #236
Keal

Keal

"Well in order to get revenge we gotta figure out who was involved,"Keal said realizing Zak was one that was quick to fight."So, assuming we are going to get to the bottom of this, we need to come up with a few primary suspects."
Old 01-19-2006, 05:24 PM   #237
dplax
Jack Burton

Nivram

Nivram was just a passive observer, watching events unfold around him. There was death, fire, dividing of treasure, and plans to pursue escapees, but Nivram cared not about all this. His mind was elsewhere, in realms of its own, where only he could go, where he went when the world seemed bleak and lifeless to him. He went over the words of a poem he had been thinking about, while laying in the grass just a few minutes earlier.

Darkness creeps in the sinuses of my brain,
Permeating every thought, creating indifference.
Indifference breeds passivity.
Passivity breeds depression.
Depression breeds indifference.
So is the devilish circle complete.

Nivram had once dreamt of being a poet. He still did sometimes, but did not have enough drive to complete his poems. This one he was quite proud of, as he found that it reflected his thoughts appropriately.

Suddenly he was snapped out of his reveries by Zakaria's remark.

"Hello lovely!"

How could anything be lovely now! Lovely was even in normal times a word not associated with Nivram, even less now. Three people had not come out of the burning inferno of the tower, and this Zakaria was talking about lovely?

Isokla's apprentice had been in there, was most probably dead, and all Zakaria could think about was Isokla being lovely?

Unknown to himself, Nivram's face was starting to turn a bright shade of red, as he slowly worked himself into a rage. In his depressive state he was susceptible to emotions. He rarely had violent overflows of his emotions, and mostly it happened with self-pity, but now he was reaching boiling point.

"How can..." - he blurted out, and then stopped for a moment, not angry enough yet. It took only a dozen seconds longer for that to happen.

"How can you be so ignorant? Egoistic!" His voice, while starting out low was rising and now everyone was starting to look at him.

"Yes, you! Zakaria! Three people have just probably died! And all you can think about is your own interests? Pityful!"

Nivram paused, not finding the words in his furious state.

"Lovely! You call her lovely, when she has just lost the one she had taken her as apprentice! Don't you have at least some decency?"

Nivram glanced around at the others, suddenly wondering what he had gotten himself into. Who will take who's side, and who shall not enter this debate?

His voice suddenly came out much calmer, but what he said was far more insulting than his previous words.

"Honestly I must say that I pity you. Either you have no control over your emotions, or don't have any of them. Otherwise you wouldn't be acting this way. Seriously...do you just do it to try to look cool?"

His anger was resurfacing. Nivram knew he would have to be prepared for violence. He wondered again about who would take who's side...

OOC: the poem sucks on purpose, for one to fit into character, and two because Nivram is not that great a poet.

[ 01-19-2006, 05:25 PM: Message edited by: dplax ]
Old 01-19-2006, 05:37 PM   #238
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

"Enough, Nivram." Isokla told him in her soft voice, yet her words held a quiet authority to them. Laying a gentle hand on his shoulder, she restrained him, adding "Calm yourself."

To Zakaria, she turned an icy gaze of blue towards him and spoke with deathly softness, "I have warned you about addressing me with such familiarity. I warned you it will not be tolerated and I am done dealing with imbeciles and fools. You are both. Speak to me no more; do not apologise, do not speak. If I hear one more word from you addressing me, I promise you, you will regret it. Are we absolutely crystal clear?”

If looks could kill, well, Zakaria would long have been turned into a pillar of shattered ice. Her words held no threat of violence, only the promise of dire consequences should he see fit to disobey her. Not only was there cold, quiet fury in her eyes, but there was also grief.

As she turned back to Nivram, she said simply, "We are done here.” Addressing Ydalon this time, she questioned "How long do you plan to allow such things to stand, o leader mine? I strongly suggest you impliment restraint and disciple in your ranks. Kindly keep your followers on a leash, great lord." There was no sarcasm in her words, only blithing contempt for Zakaria.
Old 01-19-2006, 05:48 PM   #239
dplax
Jack Burton

Nivram

He turned to face Isokla. While the contempt and pity was gone from his eyes, the anger was still there. The words of Isokla bounced off of him as though they were sand sliding off a steep slope. They had nearly no effect. They just reinforced his avalanche of emotions.

"I shall not calm down, and I'm not done!" - he shouted, pushing Isokla's hand off his shoulder much more gently, than his mental state would have suggested.

"It was not only Isokla you have offended. You disgraced the memory of the three who have just given their lives in there! And you Zakaria...you disgrace their memory by thinking about women!"
Old 01-19-2006, 06:02 PM   #240
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

This time, her eyes blazed with icy fire. "I said that is enough!" She spoke sharply to Nivram, far more sharply than she had to Zakaria, "This is not for you to handle." The girl paused, taking a breath, visibly appearing calm, save for her eyes, "This isn't your fight. She was my apprentice and my resposiblity. Enough blood has been split already. I will not permit any more to be spilled, especially not from your hand."

Although Isokla's pose was relaxed, there was a slight tighening around her eyes and her feet shifted ever so slightly. "There will be no more conflict, no more bickering - you will back down now. I will not permit this to escalate..." The girl's hands had slipped inside the sleeves of her robes, and it was clear that this was not the same girl they had first encountered several days previous. "Exercise restraint, or you are no better than the fool in front of us." Her words were damning and directly addressed to Nivram... but for the others, one had to ask who she was really speaking to?
Closed Thread