Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2003, 10:24 PM   #1
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I installed the ToB Official Patch and ToB Fix pack a few days ago, ontop of other mods I had for SoA, which include:

Ascension
Redemption
Salaufein
Ease of Use
Item Upgrade
Tactics
Hell Trials (I actually don't know if this is what it's called. It made my PC gain a special ability after completing each of the tasks in a certain area in ToB (you'd know what I mean if you've played ToB, I don't want to spoil anything), but I can't seem to find it in my SoA directory).
XP Cap Remover

Before installing the 2 ToB patches, everything ran fine, but after I installed it, I didn't realize till now that items from Item Upgrade were no longer in my game. They were in my inventory still, but they had no name under the feed back and no description either. So I re-installed the Item Upgrade Mod again, and those items were back. But then the Salaufein Mod seemed to have stopped working. There was now a '?' instead of Salaufein's picture as if I hadn't installed the mod. So I re-installed that mod, and everything seems to be in order, but I'm not sure. Could anyone tell me if I'm okay now with all the other patches I installed? I tried following the sticky for mods in this forum, but got a bit lost because it listed Redemption before Ascension (which isn't right) and I couldn't remember if the mod I had was called Hell Trials or not. From what I got, I figured this order:

ToB Official Patch
ToB Fixpack
Ascension
Redemption
Salaufein
Ease of Use
Item Upgrade
Tactics
Hell Trials

I also downloaded the 'Unfinished Business mod a few days ago, but didn't install it yet. After which mod should I install that one?

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 01:53 AM   #2
Userunfriendly
Elminster

urm...sorry...you're kinda screwed...

tob patch must be installed first, then baldurdash...any non weidu mods, like tashia or nalia romance, then all other weidu mods like tactics...

your best bet is most likely to copy out the saved games, then uninstall the game, delete the override directory, and reinstall, and patch with tob patch, baldurdash, and re-add your mods...

sorry...
Jansens aren\'t as harmless like everybody supposes! <br />They got them stumpy legs and puffy potato noses! <br />And what\'s with all the turnips? <br />Why do they eat so much root vegetables, anyway? <br />Jansens, Jansens,<br />It must be Jansens!!!<br />(or griffins!)
Userunfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 02:17 AM   #3
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Of the mods that you've mentioned, assuming Ascension Classic, the fully working order should be: Official Patch, Baldurdash, Ascension, and all of the remaining mods can go in any order you like.

-- Lennon on Jarrad's login... I hate it when this happens...

[ 11-23-2003, 02:18 AM: Message edited by: Hivetyrant ]
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 03:10 AM   #4
Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by Userunfriendly:
urm...sorry...you're kinda screwed...

tob patch must be installed first, then baldurdash...any non weidu mods, like tashia or nalia romance, then all other weidu mods like tactics...

your best bet is most likely to copy out the saved games, then uninstall the game, delete the override directory, and reinstall, and patch with tob patch, baldurdash, and re-add your mods...

sorry...
Right now, the Sola Mod and Item Upgrade Mod are working, and I know the Ease of Use Mod is still in effect because I can wear magical rings with magical armor still. I unequiped a ring of protection +2 and re-equiped it just to make sure. Not sure about tactics mod though, I'll just have to wait till my next big (improved by the mod) battle.
This question is for ToB, so it contains spoilers
*I finished the second test in my Pocket Plane, but I don't remember if I should have gotten a special ability from this. IIRC, you only get the special abilities (depending on what path you chose) from the last three trials, but I can't remember. Can anyone verify this?* Highlight to read.

Userunfriendly, how am I screwed? It seems as if everything is okay, except for a few item descriptions. Some of the items I had no longer have a description. For example, I had Torgal's Claw in my bag of holding (I went through everything to check if it's all okay), and it's now called 'If you want to integrate more fully with surfacers, the precident is ther' and it's description is now 'If you want, but society as such is hardly a sterling treasure. You may find your own path much more present.'
So I've got dialogues in the place of item descriptions. The same goes for Unholy Reaver; it still has its name, but its item description has changed to a dialogue option. So I'm planning on using IEEP to set the item descriptions back, I just have to find a site where I can find the full descriptions first. BTW, this question is a bit off topic, but I don't know how to edit most items using IEEP. Not all of the items in the game can be found in my Override Folder, so where are they?

[ 11-23-2003, 03:11 AM: Message edited by: Lord ]

Old 11-23-2003, 10:27 AM   #5
dragon_lord
Elminster

Quote:
For example, I had Torgal's Claw in my bag of holding (I went through everything to check if it's all okay), and it's now called 'If you want to integrate more fully with surfacers, the precident is ther' and it's description is now 'If you want, but society as such is hardly a sterling treasure. You may find your own path much more present.'
So I've got dialogues in the place of item descriptions. The same goes for Unholy Reaver; it still has its name, but its item description has changed to a dialogue option.
Sounds to me like your dialog.tlk is screwed. Which means reinstalling mods might not necessarily fix the problem. If it isnt affecting play dont worry about it otherwise reinstall bg2 again if you dont have a backup of you dialogue file (you should!).

Quote:
BTW, this question is a bit off topic, but I don't know how to edit most items using IEEP. Not all of the items in the game can be found in my Override Folder, so where are they?
You will have to extract the items you want using such programs as shadowkeeper. David Gaider's extra Bhaal spawn abilities is the mod your talking about. The first ability you should get is either Mass Healing or Regeneration, check the read me file for details.

[ 11-23-2003, 10:28 AM: Message edited by: dragon_lord ]
[img]\"http://unrealpowerhouse.ozforces.com.au/lich_des.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />[url]\"http://www.flatface.net/~itemsmart/\" target=\"_blank\">The Items Mart</a><br /><br />[url]\"http://www.flatface.net/~itemsmart/misc.htm\" target=\"_blank\">Monster Enchantments and Immunities List</a>
dragon_lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 10:54 AM   #6
Vedran
Lord Soth

Dialog.tlk is the file where the game stores all the text for dialogs, spell descriptions, menus, names, etc. For example, when you open an item description, the game looks in the dialog.tlk for it, and displays it in the window.
Mods and patch add new lines to the dialog.tlk, but the patch overwrites those lines that mods added. There won't be any trouble with your game, if you like to have such perverted conversations where people say spell description and such.
Vedran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 12:11 PM   #7
Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by dragon_lord:
quote:
For example, I had Torgal's Claw in my bag of holding (I went through everything to check if it's all okay), and it's now called 'If you want to integrate more fully with surfacers, the precident is ther' and it's description is now 'If you want, but society as such is hardly a sterling treasure. You may find your own path much more present.'
So I've got dialogues in the place of item descriptions. The same goes for Unholy Reaver; it still has its name, but its item description has changed to a dialogue option.

Sounds to me like your dialog.tlk is screwed. Which means reinstalling mods might not necessarily fix the problem. If it isnt affecting play dont worry about it otherwise reinstall bg2 again if you dont have a backup of you dialogue file (you should!).[/QUOTE]Actually, for once something went right . I re-installed Tactics Mod again and it's working again. I didn't realize until now that it was the items from Tactics Mod that were getting these descriptions, so I re-installed it and it works again.

Quote:
BTW, this question is a bit off topic, but I don't know how to edit most items using IEEP. Not all of the items in the game can be found in my Override Folder, so where are they?
You will have to extract the items you want using such programs as shadowkeeper. David Gaider's extra Bhaal spawn abilities is the mod your talking about. The first ability you should get is either Mass Healing or Regeneration, check the read me file for details.
[/QUOTE]

For the ToB mod, is it the Oversight Mod that I was talking about???

Old 11-25-2003, 03:22 AM   #8
LennonCook
Jack Burton

The extra Bhaalpowers are added by Ascension/WeiDU.
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2003, 04:14 PM   #9
Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by LennonCook:
The extra Bhaalpowers are added by Ascension/WeiDU.
Ah, I didn't re-install Ascension and Redemption afterwards. I don't understand how installing the patch and patch fix un-installed all of my patches except for the Ease of Use Mod...