Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2002, 06:42 PM   #1
JimTheGrim
Welcomed New User

I've just started playing BG2 having completed both BG1 and TOSC. However having spent an entire night trying to figure out what on earth to do on level 1 of BG2 I'm rather irrated. After several hours I gave up an consulted an internet walkthrough... (spoiler but its on level one so its not like its anything interesting)

basically the walkthrough told me that I had to talk to a sewage golem, but whenever I try and talk to it I get that oh so irrating message : "cannot initate dialogue, sewage golem seems busy".

So I reload a game next to the sewage golem, and it refuses to say anything to me. I check another internet guide, which also says talk to the golem, in fact I'm totally sure thats exactly what I have to do. However it just wont say anything to me. I've tried having the activation stone, I've tried not having the activation stone, I've tried restarting the game again, it just wont say anything to me, and so I cant get the past the doors that it opens.

help...
JimTheGrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2002, 07:00 PM   #2
Linfalas
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi, try going walkabout then comming back to room & talking has worked for me in past.

Linfalas
High Elf of the Great Greenwood, Keeper of the keys of Wenlock & all round good egg.
Linfalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2002, 07:02 PM   #3
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

Do not now what to say I never had any trouble with the golem. Just try to walk around like Linfalas says. Did you have any trouble installing the game maybe it is missing something?????
Old 03-10-2002, 07:27 PM   #4
SaTaN
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I had the same problem. If you have Win 2000 or Win XP download the patch for the game. The problem you are having is a common problem...
SaTaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2002, 07:58 PM   #5
koconnor100
The Magister

quote:
Originally posted by JimTheGrim:

basically the walkthrough told me that I had to talk to a sewage golem, but whenever I try and talk to it I get that oh so irrating message : "cannot initate dialogue, sewage golem seems busy".

Your copy of the game is buggy. Download the latest patch.

Unpatched games have realms of bugs in them.

************** spoiler *******************
pick up the stone in the chamber with the single victem in a glass jar (not the chamber with many glass jars) and that will let you control the golem
Old 03-10-2002, 08:21 PM   #6
Piestrider
Zhentarim Guard

I've had lots of bug troubles with the game before but never with level one. I would recommend downloading the patch.
Old 03-11-2002, 02:13 PM   #7
JimTheGrim
Welcomed New User

thank you guys, looks like its probably a bug. I'm running under win2k here so I'll download a patch and see if that sorts it, cheers
JimTheGrim is offline   Reply With Quote