Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 09-10-2008, 11:42 PM   #1
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

Default Witcher Enhanced Edition

Read somewhere about this, which they said what the game should have been from the start.

Anyone else heard about this? Any release dates?
Old 09-11-2008, 01:14 AM   #2
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Default Re: Witcher Enhanced Edition

Yeah, heard about it on wiki. Looks good.

Quote:
At GDC 2008, CDProjekt announced an enhanced version of the game which is to be released on September 16, 2008. The significant changes featured in the enhanced version are over 200 new animations, additional NPC models and recoloring of generic NPC models as well as monsters, vastly expanded and corrected dialogues in translated versions, improved stability, and load times reduced by roughly 80%.[28][29][30] In addition all bugs are said to be fixed and the game manual completely overhauled. There are also two new adventures available for players to play through called Side Effects and The Price of Neutrality. A new option is to mix and match 8 different languages of voice and subtitles. For instance, players can now choose to play the game with Polish voices and English subtitles.

Aside from the game enhancements, the box of The Witcher Enhanced Edition will contain a "making of"-DVD, a CD with 29 official in game soundtracks, another CD with "Inspired by" soundtracks and music, a book with the short story The Witcher, from the book The Last Wish, a map of Temeria printed on high quality paper, an overhauled game manual, and the official strategy guide. In addition, the D'jinni Adventure Editor in a complete new and enhanced version will also be on the DVD with the two new Adventures.

The game updates, as well as the box extra's, will be available as a free download for owners of the original version who registered their game on the official forum. The update itself (Patch, 2 Adventures, Main language version) will be 2 GB in size, with 400-600MB for each additional language version.

Furthermore, old savegames are said to be compatible with the Enhanced Edition.
Old 09-11-2008, 05:07 AM   #3
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

Cool. Finally it looks like a fine RPG to play.
Old 09-12-2008, 03:51 PM   #4
Albromor
Mephistopheles

I have been really tempted to purchase this since I heard the enhanced version is to be released with all the bugs fixed, etc.

My system is a socket 939 and easily meets the recommended system requirements (I never go by minimum standards) except my dual core is an Athlon 64 dual core 3800+ at 2 GHz rather than the recommended generation that follows. Think that will be okay? My video card is GeForce 9600GT 512MB/256bit/GDDR3.
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 06:15 AM   #5
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

Mad Re: Witcher Enhanced Edition

Just bought a copy. US edition, I think.
Seems to be missing the manual, although the box art on the inside front flap doesn't indicate a manual. The game's website says that there is though.

What I found in the box, which was also illustrated in the box art:
CDs/DVDs:
Game DVD
Bonus content DVD
"Making of" DVD
Music soundtrack CD
Music inspired by the game CD

Documents:
Game guide
Map
Witcher short story
Install guide

No paper manual.

Could any of you with the enhanced edition confirm whether it shipped with a manual? Or is there a soft copy on one of the DVDs?
This is not a simple FPS but a full-fledged RPG, so I'd think a manual would be quite important.
Old 09-24-2008, 08:18 AM   #6
Unglaublich Verwustung
Silver Dragon

Well, I'm still vexed at the lack of multi-player but nice to see that they have made Djinni available for mod creation. Now all I have to do is get my pc fixed again so that I can play non-Mac compatible games.

Make a decision, even if it's wrong, and remember....

...it's never too early for a salad.
Unglaublich Verwustung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 12:42 PM   #7
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayashi View Post
Just bought a copy. US edition, I think.
Seems to be missing the manual, although the box art on the inside front flap doesn't indicate a manual. The game's website says that there is though.

What I found in the box, which was also illustrated in the box art:
CDs/DVDs:
Game DVD
Bonus content DVD
"Making of" DVD
Music soundtrack CD
Music inspired by the game CD

Documents:
Game guide
Map
Witcher short story
Install guide

No paper manual.

Could any of you with the enhanced edition confirm whether it shipped with a manual? Or is there a soft copy on one of the DVDs?
This is not a simple FPS but a full-fledged RPG, so I'd think a manual would be quite important.
Isn't the "game guide" the manual?