Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2002, 10:16 AM   #151
Roxi
Manshoon

quote:
Originally posted by Neb:

I don't know about everyone else, but I know that I'm certainly doing quite well [img]smile.gif[/img]

Soon going to be done with another part of my story [img]smile.gif[/img]

All these writers! I'm in good company. So, Neb, you must be satisfied with the part you've just written.

*pours her own fresh coffee*

[img]graemlins/littleangel.gif[/img]
Old 02-10-2002, 10:17 AM   #152
Sorcerer Alex

quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
Hi Alex [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img] how's your back?

Very well thank you, it has improved greatly over the weekend

*sits down next to Roxi, taking careful sips of his coffee*

How are you this morning? I'm alright, just a little bored of writing up essays on the computer.

Old 02-10-2002, 10:21 AM   #153
Lord Shield

Once I get my confused brain sorted (lots of things happening the last couple of week confusing my BRAIN!!!!! [anbd a confused LS is a frighteining thing indeed]), I'm considering re-starting a book I started writing when I was 15. Different characters and so forth, though, I've learnt much since then [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-10-2002, 10:24 AM   #154
Roxi
Manshoon

quote:
Originally posted by Arledrian:

Very well thank you, it has improved greatly over the weekend

*sits down next to Roxi, taking careful sips of his coffee*

How are you this morning? I'm alright, just a little bored of writing up essays on the computer.

*smiles* Hello. I'm fine thank you. [img]smile.gif[/img] Especially now, with a good cup of coffee and a new friend!

Essays on what? If you don't mind my asking?
Old 02-10-2002, 10:29 AM   #155
Sorcerer Alex

quote:
Originally posted by Roxi:

*smiles* Hello. I'm fine thank you. [img]smile.gif[/img] Especially now, with a good cup of coffee and a new friend!

Essays on what? If you don't mind my asking?

My guess is that you'll regret asking what they are about once you hear the answer

'Write an essay on three or four contrasting literary texts that you consider merit their 'classic' status or deserve to be regarded as classics in the future'

and

'The sole purpose of great literature is to communicate truth - about the world we live in, about our relationships, and about ourselves. How far would you agree with this statement?'

Oh who'd be me?

Old 02-10-2002, 10:34 AM   #156
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

Hi, Neb, Hi, Roxi. Yes, I am doing quite well, thank you very much. I saw you over there, earlier, Roxi, and took your face out of your plate, but you seemed to be sleeping so soundly that I just left you. (Arranges shawl around her shoulders) Here's some hot coffee.
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Old 02-10-2002, 10:36 AM   #157
Roxi
Manshoon

quote:
Originally posted by Arledrian:

My guess is that you'll regret asking what they are about once you hear the answer

'Write an essay on three or four contrasting literary texts that you consider merit their 'classic' status or deserve to be regarded as classics in the future'

and

'The sole purpose of great literature is to communicate truth - about the world we live in, about our relationships, and about ourselves. How far would you agree with this statement?'

Oh who'd be me?

Huh?
Old 02-10-2002, 10:40 AM   #158
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

quote:

Huh?

LOL @ Roxi. He told you that you'd regret asking. Arleden, how about The Iliad, Divine Comedy, Moby Dick, and Warand Peace? That'd be easy. ROFL
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Old 02-10-2002, 10:40 AM   #159
Neb
Account deleted by Request

quote:

All these writers! I'm in good company. So, Neb, you must be satisfied with the part you've just written.

*pours her own fresh coffee*

[img]graemlins/littleangel.gif[/img]

Well.... Sorta satisfied, it's good, but it just seems a slight bit discordant to me.... Never mind it though, I'm probably just being too critical of my own things [img]smile.gif[/img]

We've actually gotten quite a few writers here at IW it seems [img]smile.gif[/img] Never knew we were so many [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-10-2002, 10:43 AM   #160
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

quote:
Originally posted by Neb:

We've actually gotten quite a few writers here at IW it seems [img]smile.gif[/img] Never knew we were so many [img]smile.gif[/img]

Nebbers, all you have to do is look at Online Roleplaying to see all the frustrated writers. And here, of course.