Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2003, 04:37 PM   #1
Sythe
Ra

Does a fighter get 2 attacks per round. I feel jealous the Red Tiger is gettin 2 attack and me fighter gettin only one.
Old 07-01-2003, 04:40 PM   #2
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

After you level up appropriately your attacks per round will increase. Haste will also do this btw.
Old 07-01-2003, 05:10 PM   #3
Malavon's Rage
Elminster

Boots of speed can do the trick as well [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-01-2003, 08:13 PM   #4
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Sythe:
Does a fighter get 2 attacks per round. I feel jealous the Red Tiger is gettin 2 attack and me fighter gettin only one.
From the manual...the base attack bonuses for a fighter (when you see a number after the slash, that is the bonus for the next attack; in other words, that is when you get another attack):

First column=level, second column=attack bonus

1. +1
  2. +2
  3. +3
  4. +4
  5. +5
  6. +6/+1
  7. +7/+2
  8. +8/+3
  9. +9/+4
  10. +10/+5
  11. +11/+6/+1
  12. +12/+7/+2
  13. +13/+8/+3
  14. +14/+9/+4
  15. +15/+10/+5
  16. +16/+11/+6/+1
  17. +17/+12/+7/+2
  18. +18/+13/+8/+3
  19. +19/+14/+9/+4
  20. +20/+15/+10/+5
For example, a level 6 fighter gets 2 attacks, one at +6 to hit and another at +1 to hit. A level 16 fighter gets 4 attacks, one at +16, one at +11, one at +6, and the last at +1 to hit.
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 02:51 AM   #5
Sythe
Ra

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU SO SO SO MUCH Nerull you don't know how long I have been waiting for that answer. I have always seen attack bonuses and looked at the colums at the Monster Manuals, Demi Gods and other source books and didn't know what it was about. You explained it so very clearly. I now understand almost everything for a creatures stats. Also you answered my question on another topic. Next thing I gotta find out is hit dice.
Old 07-02-2003, 06:53 AM   #6
Legolas
Jack Burton

Actually, the reason for Mr. Red Tiger's having two attacks lies in the really big doublebladed weapon he uses. It works just like dual wielding, and therefore he gets to make 2 attacks per round.
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 08:18 PM   #7
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Sythe:
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU SO SO SO MUCH Nerull you don't know how long I have been waiting for that answer. I have always seen attack bonuses and looked at the colums at the Monster Manuals, Demi Gods and other source books and didn't know what it was about. You explained it so very clearly. I now understand almost everything for a creatures stats. Also you answered my question on another topic. Next thing I gotta find out is hit dice.
No problem! For those who do not play PnP much, it can be confusing. Now for hit dice...

Hit dice, for simple terminology, are the number of dice that you roll to determine your hit points. In other words, a character gets to roll a certain die for hit points (d10 for warriors, d8 for priest types, d6 for rogues and bards, d4 for arcane spellcasters), and the number of those dice you roll to get your hit points (which for characters is equal to their level) is your Hit Dice. In 1st and 2nd edition, this also determined a monster's attack and save abilities, effectively determining its "level". However, in 3rd edition, it is only used to determine how many dice to roll for hit points.

For example, a 5th level wizard has 5 hit dice, and has 5d4 hit points (a d# is the number of sides the die has, so a d4 has 4 sides, and generates numbers between 1 and 4). Thus, the wizard has ((1-4)+(1-4)+(1-4)+(1-4)+(1-4)) = 5-20 hit points, not counting constitution bonuses.

Quote:
Originally posted by Legolas:
Actually, the reason for Mr. Red Tiger's having two attacks lies in the really big doublebladed weapon he uses. It works just like dual wielding, and therefore he gets to make 2 attacks per round.
Exactly. Double weapons are effective 2 weapons with a shaft in between. Thus, he is getting an extra attack with his "off hand weapon." Thus, your character is not "broken" in any way, he just is not attacking with 2 weapons. Note, though you don't see it, Daelen is getting penalties to his chance to hit when using a double weapon (or one weapon in each hand). That's the penalty for using two weapons; you can't use a shield for extra defense, and you get penalties to your hit rolls (though taking Ambidexterity and Two Weapon Fighting as feats help to reduce those penalties to hit).
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote