Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2002, 02:35 PM   #1
Lewzbel
The Magister

I've had Nalia in my party as well as Jan for some time now and their quests will not start. Nor will Jaheira related stuff. As far as she is concerned, we were summoned to the harper hold, we killed all the people in there...and she never said a word. Not, "gee, that sucks that we had to kill my friends." Nothing. Nalia's father apparently will never be buried. I started having problems when I added some baldurdash fixes to my override, so for this game I went back to the original override folder. I've got the latest Mac version. Does anyone know of anything I might need to do to get the character quests to initiate? I'm becoming immensely disillusioned with this game and its wealth of bugs, as great as it is, and I'm thinking of deleting it from my hard drive and writing Bioware a nasty letter. Please save me from doing that.
Lewzbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2002, 02:43 PM   #2
philip
Galvatron

You can try to move the save game to another place and reinstall.
philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2002, 02:46 PM   #3
Lewzbel
The Magister

That's probably the smartest thing, but I'm in another country for the summer and only brought disc 2, the one you need just to play. DOH!
Old 07-11-2002, 02:54 PM   #4
Kiyatha
Dungeon Master

If you really, really, really, REALLY want to play BG2, there's one possibility, though somewhat complexed. You could always download the game from a Share-program such as Kazaa, and reinstall it that way. Not entirely sure if that's gonna work though, since you've already got one copy installed... oh well, suppose you'll have to wait until arriving home... Sorry that I'm not that much of help... :-/
<br />Never Fear - Never Fall!<br /><br />\"Never let hate nor anger guide your way - it will only cloud your path.\" - Anonomous<br /><br />\"This world is too dangerous to live in. Not because of the people that does the bad things, but because of those that let them.\" - Albert Einsten
Kiyatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2002, 03:12 PM   #5
Lewzbel
The Magister

Well, thanks to both of you for the suggestions. I think I really only have one option. If the extra characters quests won't start, I'll just have to go solo.
Old 07-12-2002, 05:53 AM   #6
Lewzbel
The Magister

unless anyone knows of some sort of variable that can be changed using the IRE program or the baldur.ini file....anything.
Old 07-12-2002, 02:16 PM   #7
syrneia
Dungeon Master

Quote:
I've had Nalia in my party as well as Jan for some time now and their quests will not start. Nor will Jaheira related stuff. As far as she is concerned, we were summoned to the harper hold, we killed all the people in there...and she never said a word.
if i remember correctly lewz, the quests for these characters develop as you continue the game...
jaheira is confronted by a harper when you try to enter the graveyard district dungeons {after you wipe out the house} , and continues to be visited by these folk throughout your journey until she finally has to decide what she wants to do - encouraged by your responses either way
same thing with jan, he was not called back to Athlatka until way later on in the game...
i think you just need a little more patience and a lot more faith, this is probably the best rpg ever made and it doesn't sound like you are Too far into the game if you're just at the harper household
the hard-working folks at interplay/bioware deserve no-one's frustrated nastiness, especially when the game has not been given a true test..
maybe wipe everything and start anew?
i think you'll find it is very worth it

in gaming,

[ 07-12-2002, 02:20 PM: Message edited by: syrneia ]
syrneia is offline   Reply With Quote