Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2002, 09:42 AM   #1
Detah
Dungeon Master

I just purchased the game last week and I'm so hooked. I created my first party and made many many suboptimal choices. I uncovered/explored the map over a huge terrain. So I decided to start over with a new party, having learned the basics about the game. I deleted all the old characters, created new ones and clicked the 'reset quests' button in the Inn.

Is the overland game map supposed to recover itself? Because it didn't for me. The same areas are uncovered. With party #1 I meet the snakeman wanderer on the path to the Cemetary as I have heard I am supposed to. However since starting with party #2 I have searched high and low for this guy and hes not to be found. Something seems wrong.

I have read many messages about restarting all the quests, etc. But none seem to address a complete start over. I want everything to start from scratch. Let me be clear...I don't just want the quests to reset, I want the overland game world to be completely unexplored again and all characters to be deleted.

Does this require a full reinstall of the game?
It seems that in DWB's quest to allow seamless acquiring of new characters from the Inn, he also made it difficult to truely 'reset' the game.

BTW, I love this forum. Great helpfiles.

Detah
Detah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2002, 09:59 AM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, Detah!!!

Did you create your new party and then reset the adventures in the options menu?? If not, try that.
It may also be related to you having deleted your old characters - I think "reset" actually requires that they be there OR did you by chance "restore/revert" your game to the last time your first party visited town. If you did that, the maps would still be exposed as they were on the 1st groups last visit to town.

The other option would be to uninstall and reinstall - though your really shouldn't have to do that.

Hope something above helps you out!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2002, 10:40 AM   #3
Detah
Dungeon Master

*sigh* It did say 'revert', not 'reset adventures'.
Crud. Lots of lost time searching. Thank you for clarifying.

Detah
Detah is offline   Reply With Quote