Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2003, 09:22 AM   #11
MagiK

I hope your wife has terminated contact with this jerk. Messing with a marriage is a very very low class action.

Old 02-20-2003, 09:33 AM   #12
Masklinn

Quote:
I trust my wife to do the right thing
Good, and this is exactly why you should not be too upset.
If you trust her and if the love between you two is solid as a rock, then she will turn down this jerk and this won't go any further.

Now if he just made this as a joke, go and burn his car then say it was a joke too
Old 02-20-2003, 09:37 AM   #13
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Masklinn:
Good, and this is exactly why you should not be too upset.
If you trust her and if the love between you two is solid as a rock, then she will turn down this jerk and this won't go any further.

Now if he just made this as a joke, go and burn his car then say it was a joke too
Hehehe... Great reply Masklinn, both parts of it. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 02-20-2003, 09:46 AM   #14
Callum Kerr
Drizzt Do'Urden

I put I would not worry... but then i am 14... and have no intention of marrying (though I suppose they'll get me in the end [img]graemlins/blueblink.gif[/img] )... and am really laid back... i understand that practically everyone else would flip out... sounds like an asshole that's trying to be funny to me... and failing... or someone who got the wrong impression from your wife (through no fault of her own...)
[img]\"http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RwARAyMWqyivmPQQNWY0hVVRv3oUvlvq5uMcEd3!RZut55dm8 emNqpdvpE7IkB0Cpa1ykaC4MbaPQTDKfXyfz!1y5xDqyJez01d EkyCZjmc/Callum.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Puff the magic dragon!
Old 02-20-2003, 09:54 AM   #15
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Amen to that, MagiK!!!!

Our #5 type encouraged Nacht and me not to 'get our hopes up' about an online romance turning real or ending well.... ROTFL [img]graemlins/laugh3.gif[/img] ROTFLMAO!!!!!!! Ahem, I think I'll be laughing at that one for years.... she also told him that I was being unreasonable for expecting to know what time to get online to talk with him each week! Gee, do most of us just sit by our phones all week expecting that the significant other will call sometime? NO, we make 'dates'....oh my! LOL apparently that made me 'clingy'- wanting a firm time to turn on my pc! LOLOLOL Hear that guys, your girls are 'clingy' if they want to know what time the date starts! [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img]

Luckily he eventually saw through her 'friendly advice' and realized that it didn't resemble what was really happening in our relationship. I won't even mention the psycho-babble terms she fed him! [img]tongue.gif[/img] Lucky for me, my guy is stubborn and didn't take #5's 'advice' to get out of the relationship.

If this is what's going on, Hunter, the only thing that will end it is if your wife tells the guy, in NO UNCERTAIN TERMS, that she isn't interested in leaving you or having a fling on the side and prefers not to communicate with the guy anymore. Some of these people want the challenge of breaking up a couple and others just get their kicks messing up a good relationship. Some may even do it to boost their sagging egos, or get attention, who knows? All I know, is if you and your wife stay strong, love and trust each other, and don't let this get to you, you'll be doing well!!!

Maybe the guy is just totally misguided, though. You know.. he might have just sent that in a fit of low brain activity and then regretted it later! I guess you'll find out if he never sends another!

[ 02-20-2003, 09:59 AM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]
Old 02-20-2003, 10:01 AM   #16
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Bah! Just torch his house anyway Hunter. Lecherous scumbag or no, when was the last time you had a good, honest house-torchin'?
Old 02-20-2003, 10:04 AM   #17
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

I like your answer too, Masklinn! Trust is the issue here and it sounds like Hunter and his wife talk about this sort of thing. I really found out what it means to completely trust someone in my current relationship! He would actually TELL me when a woman hit on him in icq! I was surprised, but then he told me he wanted me to know he didn't care for anyone else and wasn't hiding anything from me! I have to say, Hunter, that if your wife voluntarily shared that letter with you, she's showing you how much you can trust her! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-20-2003, 10:17 AM   #18
Elif Godson
Dracolich

I checked the last option heh somethng similar like this happend to my wife, not on the net though, it was a guy she worked with, the bone head would do 3 am drive by's by my house in hopes of what ever, he would never stop, just drive by and rev his engine or honk his horn. I told her to tell him to back off or he may not like the consecquences, well he didnt and I think she liked the added attention, this was over 9 years ago mind you. So it persisted, and I finally had enough of this joker and showed up at there work after hours. He walked thinking himself all that until he saw me sitting on the hood of his car.
To make a long story short, my wife transfered stores and he quit his job. Everytime I see the guy now, he turns around and goes the opposite way [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] and my wifes and mine relationship has done nothing but improve since. We had a really long talk her and I that night and I heard some things that I didnt want to, nothing majorly serious, but thing's. Heh ye gotta love relationships and how they can get bent out of shape by the little things a person does out of habit.
Old 02-20-2003, 10:32 AM   #19
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Elif, that's one of the things that's so important- not losing touch with your loved one.... they say communication is key...and it sounds trite to spit the phrase out all the time, but I truly think we lose sight of some of the little things in our daily lives. Sounds like you and your wife had a great talk and worked alot out....or you'd not be telling us all this with a smile 9 yrs later. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-20-2003, 10:33 AM   #20
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Hunter,

You definitely have a right to be upset at this guy. I would be too. Fortunately, my wife and I know that we can trust each other completely. I know she would never cheat on me and she knows I would not on her.

Now then, if some guy sent this type of "Invitation" to my wife...he would get a phone call or email from ME....telling him that I accept his offer -- but that I don't think HE is going to enjoy the "Innappropriate Actions" I have in mind.

I actually recieved a very similar "invitation" several years ago from some girl who said she knew me. She called our house at 11pm and told me she had "seen me at the party earlier that week" and wanted to "get together sometime". I explained that she had the wrong person, because I hadn't been to any parties...and even if I did, I didn't want to "get together" because I was happily married. She admitted she made up the part about the party and then told me how she knew me...so it wasn't a case of mistaken identity.

I told her I was flattered, but repeated that I was also married - and very happily married at that.

"Yeah...so....do you want to get together or not??" [img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img]

Needless to say, I was shocked at her persistence {and somewhat dismayed that I never got any calls like this when I was SINGLE}. I briefly considered telling her to hold on while I put my wife on the phone. Then she could tell my wife what she told me and - if it was OK with her - we could work out the where and when part. Of course, the only "where and when" my wife would have been interested in would have been "where and when" she could meet this girl to stomp her a$$ into the ground. [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img] I finally convince the girl I wasn't interested and she never called back.

I think if YOU contact the guy and let him know that YOU will be the one coming to the rendezvous...that should solve the problem immediately.