Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2004, 12:42 PM   #1
Raistlin Majere
Ra

After fiddling with druids, clerics and thieves, I decided to go back to the good old mage. Imported my plain, LN human mage from BG 1 with the following stats:
Str:19
Dex:19
Con:17
Int:19
Wis:18
Cha:12
Game is set with all the usual solo "equipment":Insane, Tactics, Ascension, EoU(bottomless BoH). Only cheat is that I gave my self the BoH via SK. So here goes...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Journal Entry 1:
Urgh...damn I hate madmen. Its not pleasent to wake up after saving a city, only to notice that you have been captured and tortured by some ugly mage. Bah, I'll get him back for that! My "dear" friend Imoen saved me the time of freeing my self by unlocking my cell door. I told her to scram though, 'cause the last thing I need is a puny tagalong wanna-be mage. I also freed the crazy ranger Minsc and the annoying druid Jaheira.
After doing the good deed of the day, I fought my way through mephits, thieves who use wands and their war dogs to find a golem who needs a stone. Well, I found him his stone all right, and he open the doors to the sewage level which contained a slimy creature, an Otyugh, if memory serves. The beast fell to a few meteors and a slow spell, after which I collected all the loot from the room.
After the corridor, I came to a rather annoying room full of traps. South east of this room were a few dryad chicks wanting to be saved. Sure, I thought, though I would have to kill some stupid dwarf in order to get the acorns they wanted. Whatever. Explored the room SW of the chicks, and got some actually useful loot, though the freakin' traps nearly killed me...I decided it was time to check out the second floor, so through the portal I went!
There I got a heads up from a suspicious looking thief...apparently there is a mephit infestation in the next room. Oh goodie. I sent the thief off and buffed for the upcoming challenge. After going invisible, I entered the room and sure enough, it contained about a dozen mephits along with their portals. I remember reading somewhere that mephits of his kind are connected to their portals, so I decided to use my invisiability to hit a portal, then casted my innate ability of horror amongst the little demons, making them all panic. Destroyed the portals one by one, and the mephits died aswell. Oh my, I was right once again. What a suprise...
This level contained a few pitiful duergar, a crazy elven mage/chick, a few thieves, a doppleganger and a vampire. They all fell rather easily, and I collected all the loot. No Ilyich on this floor, so I must have missed him on the first floor.
I decided to rest and reorganize my spellbook, just in case this dwarf was someone special. He indeed turned out to be quite the challenge, even for me. I used the common tactic of "divide and conquer", taking out the demon with MMM's, the golem with a DUHM and staff+1. Rasputin the monk fell after I stunned him with a wand. Ilyich was a bit harder, but being alone, he was a wuss. He fell to 3 set's of MMM's, one wand of monster summoning and a few magic missles. My defenses were running low by now, as were my offensive spells, but I decided to save my back from sleeping on the grimy stone floor and charged on into the library. Nothing there but a shadow thief, whom I trapped behind the door of the west corridor using a little invisibility cheese. This also gave me the advantage against Kamarazov and Zhivago. I stunned Kamarazov with a wand, but Zhivago got me with his Symbol Fear and Flame Strike(I interrupted his Deva casting), so it was time for a bit of Deja Vu action. A few tries later the little fire extinguishers fell too.(a few meaning about half-a-dozen )
After killing the dwarves and their pets, I entered some weird place full of mephits...killed the mephits and gave a djinni his bottle which my ferret had "aquired" from a dryad. Showed the dryad chicks their nuts and left the dungeon ever so merrily...only to barge into the mad mage on the surface. Bummer...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Incase anyone's wondering, I do plan to include pictures...I just need to get a working account for hosting the pics

[ 02-19-2004, 12:47 PM: Message edited by: Raistlin Majere ]

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."
Raistlin Majere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 10:17 PM   #2
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Tip: You might want to have some better paragraphing. At the moment, the chapter is rather strenuous to read.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 10:31 PM   #3
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

Looking forward to reading about Ishamael the Arrogant [img]smile.gif[/img] I just love these story threads! I can help out with pics if you're having problems as well
shamrock_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2004, 03:50 AM   #4
Armen
Symbol of Cyric

hmm - arrogant indeed . . .

someone pass me my cloak of non-detection and those acid arrows will you?

Armen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2004, 06:48 AM   #5
Raistlin Majere
Ra

Quote:
Originally posted by shamrock_uk:
Looking forward to reading about Ishamael the Arrogant [img]smile.gif[/img] I just love these story threads! I can help out with pics if you're having problems as well
Its ok with the pics...I got a running account at Freewebs now [img]smile.gif[/img] .

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."
Raistlin Majere is offline   Reply With Quote