Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2003, 02:59 PM   #1
Rokenn
Galvatron

According to the spell book screen my 2nd level bard can memorize 2 spells. But I'm unable to memorize any. Any idea on how I can fix this?
Old 05-12-2003, 03:18 PM   #2
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

What is your bard's charisma????

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 03:25 PM   #3
Rokenn
Galvatron

18 [img]smile.gif[/img] She is damn fine looking [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-12-2003, 03:29 PM   #4
Micah Foehammer

Hmmm, well, it isn't the problem I thought it was.

I thought Bards were like Wizards in that they had to learn spells from scrolls, (not like Sorcerors who can select new spells when they gain levels). Do you have any 2nd level spells in your spell book?

What level is your bard by the way?

yep, with an 18 charisma she must be one fine looking bard. [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Old 05-12-2003, 03:39 PM   #5
Cannibal Monkey
The Magister

If you dont have the patch, Bards use intelligence for their spells rather than charisma. Which is irritating. Go patch up now.
Old 05-12-2003, 03:54 PM   #6
Micah Foehammer

Thanks Cannibal Monkey .. I forgot my cardinal rule .. always ask if the patch is installed. Have to admit that this problem somehow slipped under my radar.

Old 05-12-2003, 03:55 PM   #7
Rokenn
Galvatron

I did patch. My bard is 2nd level. Which according to the spell chart give here 0 1st level spells. But it would seem my bonus spells should add to that, and the spell book page seems to bear this out (since it says I have 2/2 spell slots remaining).

When I leveled to 2nd I was given the option to pick the spells for my spell book. The two spells I selected appear on the right hand column of my spell book I just can't memorize them. Very frustrating.
Old 05-12-2003, 04:15 PM   #8
Borg
The Magister

Bards don't memorize spells. They cast like Sorcerors in that they have an allocated number of spells they can cast per day per level from their spell book (and only a certain number of spells they can put in their spell book based on their level).

Go to the main screen and select your Bard. Then press the button to select a spell -- you should be able to chose from the spells you put in your book. It will say two on each spell, but when you cast one, both of the spell choices will be deducted by one. If this doesn't work, rest and try again.

Also, you don't get your Ability-based bonus spell(s) until you are capable of casting the level of spell for which you want the bonus. But, I don't remember how that works for Bards and Sorerors.
Borg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 04:29 PM   #9
Rokenn
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Borg:
Bards don't memorize spells. They cast like Sorcerors in that they have an allocated number of spells they can cast per day per level from their spell book (and only a certain number of spells they can put in their spell book based on their level).

Go to the main screen and select your Bard. Then press the button to select a spell -- you should be able to chose from the spells you put in your book. It will say two on each spell, but when you cast one, both of the spell choices will be deducted by one. If this doesn't work, rest and try again.

Also, you don't get your Ability-based bonus spell(s) until you are capable of casting the level of spell for which you want the bonus. But, I don't remember how that works for Bards and Sorerors.
doh! I should have remembered that. Thanks [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-12-2003, 04:30 PM   #10
Micah Foehammer

Thank you Borg for FINALLY bringing some clarity to this. [img]smile.gif[/img]