Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2002, 10:39 AM   #11
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Methinks the man doth believe I protest too much .

No hostility at all my friend, just rising to the proffered challenge, and providing gentle re-direction for you on the path to wisdom.

Leyton - despite what you would think, clay is not his surface. He spends all his time on the hard court circuit, and that is easily his best surface. There is quite a contingent that play clay court tournaments for most of the year - not just the month leading into Roland Garros. It is hardly surprising that most of the better performers come from that group. There is really only Safin and Aggassi that are left from what I would term the "all surfaces" tour.

How long did Timbledon last my good friend?
Old 06-05-2002, 10:53 AM   #12
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
it's my parakeet's birthday !
Old 06-05-2002, 11:00 AM   #13
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
it's my parakeet's birthday !
So let me get this straight - this is a REAL parakeet with a REAL birthday - not :
1) an imaginary parakeet with a REAL birthday or
2) a REAL parakeet with an imaginary birthday or
3) an imaginary parakeet with an imaginary birthday

Sorry for seeming suspicious, but I have been taken in by pets with birthdays before that I believed were real (dogs and salamanders actually ).
Old 06-05-2002, 11:22 AM   #14
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
oh, it's real allright, except it's not a parakeet. It's one of them green birds with a red head, about the size of a parakeet. I'm not sure how they're called. I believe it's something like "agaponis", not sure though, maybe you know this. Oh yeah, it can speak a few words and i am currently trying to teach him how to say "go hammers", and that's no joke, these birds are pretty clever. And no, it's not really his birthday, just wanted to mingle with the ozzies. lol Did that clear things up for ya ?
Old 06-05-2002, 12:03 PM   #15
lroyo

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
Tut tut tut - that's not an argument, that just contradiction .

And my view is in agreement with Gillie - Muralie is a chucker - just that most of the cricket world seems to want to overlook it.

That Gillie comment, off the record, was taped by the press. A man expressing a personal opinion to a room full of like minded friends is a bit of a far stretch from sledging one on one as a personal attack - wuldn;t you agree ole bean.

I realise that you resent your bi-annual thrashing from your colonial cousins. It is thus not surprising that the BBC and your goood self would like to twist a few words to try and put us on the back foot. [img]smile.gif[/img]

On a different note, the good news is that QLD leveled the series against the Cockroaches - bring on the series decider
I sense a bit of hostility here Davros me ole mate. Not still smarting from the sad demise of the world's number one in the French Open are we?

Looks like you're getting madder than a cut snake mate! [img]smile.gif[/img]
[/QUOTE]Tim Henman once again lived up to his reputation of most underachieving talent of all time! Do the poms concede defeat before he walks onto the court, or do they actually back him into his innevitable defeat?

Old 06-05-2002, 05:44 PM   #16
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Aviendha,

I'm disappointed you didn't respond to the bit about the State of Origin - if memory serves me correct, you're from SID-ER-NEY are you not .

Your right but, I would rather be following Leyton than Timmie - how many majors has Timmy won?
Old 06-05-2002, 11:21 PM   #17
lroyo

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
Aviendha,

I'm disappointed you didn't respond to the bit about the State of Origin - if memory serves me correct, you're from SID-ER-NEY are you not .

Your right but, I would rather be following Leyton than Timmie - how many majors has Timmy won?
You just had to bring it up didn't you!!!!! I was successfully repressing the loss! [img]graemlins/verysad.gif[/img]

Don't you worry yourself though, Qld don't have a chance of winning in Sydney. I was at the first one, and I'll be at the second one too, to watch the Blue's grand victory lap!

Old 06-06-2002, 03:47 AM   #18
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Sledging's great. Tugga should have been retained just for the sheer insult power he packs . And more spitting! That Pidge has been stifled of his loogie power after being fined (and suspended sentence?) a couple of years ago is a travesty .

Davros - the name is Lleyton. Please! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-06-2002, 04:38 AM   #19
Davros
Takhisis Follower

[quote]Originally posted by Aviendha:
Quote:
You just had to bring it up didn't you!!!!! I was successfully repressing the loss! [img]graemlins/verysad.gif[/img]

Don't you worry yourself though, Qld don't have a chance of winning in Sydney. I was at the first one, and I'll be at the second one too, to watch the Blue's grand victory lap!
You were at the very first state of origin - Ididn't think you were all that old Avvy, and I seem to recall it was at Lang Park (the Cauldron) and that we won it . Oh, you mean the first one this year - well we will just see who wins the decider .
Old 06-06-2002, 04:44 AM   #20
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
Sledging's great. Tugga should have been retained just for the sheer insult power he packs . And more spitting! That Pidge has been stifled of his loogie power after being fined (and suspended sentence?) a couple of years ago is a travesty .

Davros - the name is Lleyton. Please! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
On the front foot I see there Aelia - best form of defense is attack. I should have stopped trying to play straight bats to Donuts bouncers and just gone with a square cut or my trademark hook shot .

Lleyton - woops - most embarrassing - it was the keyboard - honest - all 3 times it was the keyboard [img]redface.gif[/img] .

Ok, Lleyton - as in Llama .