Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2006, 02:58 PM   #101
Q'alooaith
Emerald Dragon

I went to a fancy dress party on saturday night, and alex and I both got our belly buttons pierced.

I wore an old wedding dress alex had picked up in a charity shop, and he wore, well, duct tape and a german military shirt and hat.

Had a good time, met lots of new people.

But my belly button is sore...

funnily enough, the guy doing the piercings had already heard the phrase "the rooster of doom is under my control" (it was all I could think of to say aside from ouch)

[ 02-20-2006, 03:00 PM: Message edited by: Q'alooaith ]
Old 02-20-2006, 06:49 PM   #102
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

I'm...umm...honored? to have been the source of your phrase.

It's not a quote of anything I've heard of...just a phrase that's kind of random, but pretty much impossible to NEVER have formed before, since the words within are fairly commonplace.

So, I got a bass guitar over the weekend...I've been playing it quite a bit, too. My friends have taught me how to play scales, and I'm practicing on that, for now, though I need to have something more substantial to practice on!

Is that what you really want to say?
Ilander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 06:54 PM   #103
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

Nice Guitar,I'm working on playing some Keith Urban song, forgot the name.

-al'Lan Mandragoran, Last Lord of the Seven Towers
DrowArchmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 07:19 PM   #104
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

I have a theory.

There is, somewhere, an evil president, who keeps all the lifesaving medicine to himself and his friends.He also,in effort to destroy the world, is paying Bill Gates to keep new technology out of our hands.We have population issues right? The Evil President has an evil secret service that kills people just for fun,to keep us from the brink of massive overpopulation.Cloudy knows of this evil president.So do most the other MOD's here,I dont want to give it away, but he's covered in fur.

-al'Lan Mandragoran, Last Lord of the Seven Towers
DrowArchmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 07:24 PM   #105
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

[img]graemlins/choc.gif[/img] really hasn't made much of an appearance around here recently....

Jeez I'm tired.

Is that what you really want to say?
Ilander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 07:30 PM   #106
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Keith Urban- good choice, DM! [img]smile.gif[/img] I just got his latest cd and love it.
Old 02-20-2006, 07:53 PM   #107
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

I have been living in a deathtrap for years! Well, no, not really, but we do have a massive mold infestation in our house, which is probably 50 years old (really old by Calgary standards.) So what do we have to do? Clean EVERY surface in the house. Like by every, I mean every book, everything. This is a nightmare. We also have this gigantic hepa filter thing that sounds like a wind tunnel and is roughly the same in terms of decibel level. Yuck,
True_Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 09:19 PM   #108
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Wowsa... lotsa stuff going on! Well, hi to all of you from the beautiful beaches of Puerto Rico [img]smile.gif[/img] It's really been grand, even if we've only been here for two full days now, and we've got more fun planned. And I'm only slightly sunburned...

Attalus... rough going. It's never fun to let someone go. Hopefully it wasn't completely out of the blue for them.

Q'alooaith... Sounds like you and Alex are having a grand old time. Ain't love grand?

Ilander... I now have to explain to my daughter what the rooster of doom is. She wanted to know what was so funny... thanks...

And TM, bummer about the mold. Are you going to have to get into the walls to get rid of it? I've heard of that happening before... in fact, an office building near me was stripped to the beams that support the ceiling and then rebuilt.

Whew! Got to get some rest this evening... and respond to all the customers who've been calling since I've been on vacation! Until next time... I raise a pina colada in your honor [img]graemlins/cheers.gif[/img] FWIW, I'm staying at the hotel where the Pina Colada was invented.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 10:02 PM   #109
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

No, it seems like it's all in the air system. Apparently, you want enough to be in equilibrium with the outside, we're way over that threshold with one type of mold. This stuff doesn't live in walls, thankfully, but there's no way to tell where it's source is. Also, if there's any left over, the entire exercise was for naught. Hence the need for the laborious tasks.
True_Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 08:57 AM   #110
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Pina coladas?! Send some over here, man! mmmmmm!

True Moose...ugh.. that's not good news, for sure! You'll be very very very busy cleaning for a while, I guess! So you think the hepa filter and the surface cleaning will clear it up, then? Good luck!

Rooster of doom.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA! That still cracks me up.