Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2003, 04:05 AM   #11
Link
Jack Burton

The Sniggering Lions you idiot! Sigmar! How could you! You forgot the Sniggering Lions! We're still active!! Arvon is one of the leaders!!! And so am I! And we have Legolas, and.. and... [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Goal: Beijing 2008
Old 03-31-2003, 04:18 AM   #12
Legolas
Jack Burton

Yes, but then we've been almost as quiet as the LH [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Well, except for Arvon, shining example to us all.

BTW, finished the prologue, working on the next 14 pages.

Say NO to the Trouser Tyranny!
Old 03-31-2003, 04:19 AM   #13
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Link:
The Sniggering Lions you idiot! Sigmar! How could you! You forgot the Sniggering Lions! We're still active!! Arvon is one of the leaders!!! And so am I! And we have Legolas, and.. and... [img]tongue.gif[/img]
[img]graemlins/troutslap.gif[/img] You forgot your most important member.... and I ain't on the OHF list either. Bwaaaaaaaaaaaa [img]graemlins/confused3.gif[/img]
Old 03-31-2003, 04:27 AM   #14
Legolas
Jack Burton

Oh, I thought you were the [img]tongue.gif[/img] . [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-31-2003, 04:29 AM   #15
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
Quote:
Originally posted by Kaltia:
ARgh, Siggy you useless twit, you left ME out of the ORt list....moron...( [img]tongue.gif[/img] )
Which would be the fault of either yourself, the clanmaster, or any of the other members of the clan that have not bothered to PM me an update on the list that has been posted for a very long time...lastly being updated in December. I shall add you now.

Thank you for your attention on the matter
[/QUOTE]I blame Binkster!
I think Aelia made a more recent list in the ORT headquarters themselves but since I'm on the school computers (See: 1.5kb connection ) I can't get it at the moment.
Actually, loopking at the list, I think I was the only forgotten member *sad look* (I'm gonna get ya Binkster. Just you see if I don't )
EDIT: Actually I just remembered a few more ORT'ers, LOrd High Eater of Legs, Someguy, and Chi master [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 03-31-2003, 04:32 AM: Message edited by: Kaltia ]

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Old 03-31-2003, 06:57 AM   #16
Sigmar
Unicorn

*Contemplates taking Larry's list with the clan and its members down *

Link the sniggering lions ain't a clan, were the three muskateers a clan Remember its not my lsit ts the official stuff from the RPforum.

Anyway folks if we could just steer this thing back on course, and could we just express our opinions on the matter thanks. If you wanna talk about your clan so much start a thread about it or better yet visit http://www.xsorbit3.com/users/HADB/index.cgi and post there (a cheap plug if I ever saw one)

So far we've got (I think)

4 for clans
1 against them
3 who haven't expressed their opinions on the matter (probably along with countless others who can't be bothered to express their opinion on the matter, can't blame them really. Maybe I should have made a poll [img]smile.gif[/img] )

[ 03-31-2003, 06:59 AM: Message edited by: Sigmar ]
Old 03-31-2003, 07:21 AM   #17
Legolas
Jack Burton

Okay, I'll stick to the topic

Personally, I've no problem with clans whatsoever. I do feel they belong in the RP forum unless the clan's involved in multiplayer gaming, in which case they should go to the appropriate forum. I'd love to, but dial-up's a pain when it comes to that.
But, as one of the RP forum regulars, I can say with some certainty that the forum is all but abandoned right now. Not only is clan activity at an all-time low, but non-clan related RPing has come to a near complete standstill as well. Death's fine threads don't even get replies anymore. The conclusion being that appearantly people have better things to do or are preoccupied with different things, which is fine.
However, even before the decreasaed activity manifesting roughly two weeks ago, but starting a bit earlier still, there wasn't much clan activity (although Lennon did dust off the order of merlin thread, and did I see the holy temple pop up again? Not a clan per say but still...).
So, what we'd need is to breathe new life into the clans, but that won't work until there's something interesting happening (I recall a modding mage causing quite the stir a while back). Perhaps a grand campaign calling upon all the clans and their members? I fear I'm still gathering armies to test a combat system on a larger scale (one done, three in development, about eight controlled by me but then that won't test the system to its limits). But, if you think it's manageable, we could set something up

Say NO to the Trouser Tyranny!
Old 03-31-2003, 07:54 AM   #18
Sigmar
Unicorn

Now THATS what I'm talkin' about Legolas

So, what we'd need is to breathe new life into the clans, but that won't work until there's something interesting happening (I recall a modding mage causing quite the stir a while back). Perhaps a grand campaign calling upon all the clans and their members? I fear I'm still gathering armies to test a combat system on a larger scale (one done, three in development, about eight controlled by me but then that won't test the system to its limits). But, if you think it's manageable, we could set something up

I second this move, but in order to do so we need more supporters from every clan. Perhaps it would be better to disband our old clans and start anew with members who actually want to contribute to the clan. We would keep our old leaders of course but we'll run a new enlisiting section where folk can join the clan that appeals to them, and lets try to limit it to one or maybe two clans per member so clan wars would be more personal

...oops, I got a bit carried away there but you get the general idea. Like you said my kilt-wearing thread we need a leader to unite the clans. But who is that indivdual, one of our clan leaders perhaps?

Well anyway thanks for the input Legolas, anymore suggestions?

[ 03-31-2003, 07:55 AM: Message edited by: Sigmar ]
Old 03-31-2003, 08:25 AM   #19
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

What does this all mean to me? Is this online roleplay, meet up and paper roleplay? I am confused. Just a noobie still I guess. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] Could someone fill me in on the details, and maybe a sign-up list? Thanks...*walks away scratching butt...*
Old 03-31-2003, 08:55 AM   #20
Sigmar
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by LordKathen:
What does this all mean to me? Is this online roleplay, meet up and paper roleplay? I am confused. Just a noobie still I guess. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] Could someone fill me in on the details, and maybe a sign-up list? Thanks...*walks away scratching butt...*
Once upon a time there existed clans, groups consisting of people from Ironworks. The first was the OHF (the order of the holy flame), then the laughing hyenas, followed by HADB (the hamlet and doughboy clan), then the ALSB (Aerie loving clan) and als the ORT (order of the royal toads?) (I can't remember the rest and when they were created. Wait and the sniggering lions too )

Well anyway these organizations (Well I know HADB did) organised Multiplayer games against other clans and even amongst themselves. Some clans got their own forums, an example of which is the HADB one I posted two posts ago. They also occasionally engaged in clan wars with each other (essentially roleplaying) and even started their own roleplaying threads.

Basically clans are organisations consisting of friends and friendly aquaintences who have fun together.

That is what it all means to you I think . The question is would you like to experience this or are you happy with the current state of affairs?

[ 03-31-2003, 08:57 AM: Message edited by: Sigmar ]