Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2001, 08:59 PM   #1
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Most of the time, when I have to get up in the morning for work, I am soo tired. Have to drag myself out of bed I do, eyes rollin in the back of my head until I'm upright for a few minutes LOL. But yet, come Saturday or Sunday morning, wherein I can sleep as long as I wish, I frikken wake up at the same time, and am bright eyed and bushy tailed and awake and ready to rock??!! Why is that?

Is it like when you think you have ice cream in the fridge, and you are thinking "well, I guess I could eat some ice cream, not really in the mood much for it though" and then go to said fridge and see that you were wrong, sorry, no ice cream in there. Now all of the sudden you MUST have ice cream, you frikken crave it! Why is that?

Want what you can't have? Is that it? If so, why is that????

------------------
Old 10-19-2001, 09:10 PM   #2
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Well I feel more like I have not that much to get up for. I got the "perfect" routed life. Do this do that. After that, nothing. I´m just tired of it all..

Sincew I´m nbot that much for sweets, I guess if I have icecream it sould do for breakfirst, its the rest of the day thats the problem!

------------------

Howling to the moon, cause this world seems so far away..
Wolfgirs lair
once-upon-a-paper
Old 10-19-2001, 09:11 PM   #3
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

I hate all mornings equally. I won't discriminate against weekends.

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)

Member of CLAN HADB
Old 10-19-2001, 09:12 PM   #4
Blade
Emerald Dragon

its because on the weekend you know you don't have to go to work. and the icecream is reverse phycology.

------------------

All blades cut, be they made from metal or wood, but the sharpest and deadliest blade is the one of knowledge.

An Archmage of the HADB
Old 10-19-2001, 09:15 PM   #5
DiabloRex
Elminster

I have it exactly the same way ladyzekke

I dont know perhaps its a psychological reaction of some kind, that you must have it because you dont have anything in reserver eg. any ice in the fridge, as to your wakings up, wish I knew that so I could sleep longer myself in the weekends. Still it might be the same psycho... reaction, here its just that your body know its weekend and you are supposed to get the most out of it
Old 10-19-2001, 09:37 PM   #6
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

I dunno DRex, still seems there is a self mental rebellion here. Like, "you make me and I will procrastinate" i.e., if I HAVE to get up, I procrastinate by tiring myself (all in the subconcious, so hard to fight). Just like, "I am now made to go WITHOUT said ice cream" so now I rebel and crave it! Does that make sense LOL?

------------------
Old 10-19-2001, 11:50 PM   #7
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Same here Lady Z, I think the gods hate me is what it is.

------------------
Order of the Holy Flame
Member of Clan HADB
Laughing Hyena
Clan Illuminati
Clan Liaison, IW Peace Keeping Force
Official Scribe, Clan TLFB

Old 10-20-2001, 12:12 AM   #8
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Erm.. general perversity of human nature? LOL I know exactly what you mean though, LadySis! I never drink milk but if we run out you can bet I think about a nice glass of milk or mixing one of those breakfast shakes!

Cloudy

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
CloudDragon of the OHF
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 10-20-2001, 10:29 AM   #9
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Reeka:
Same here Lady Z, I think the gods hate me is what it is.

Relax, Miss Reeka , I can assure you that the gods don't hate you: they are already way too busy with hating me !

------------------
So long !

R³ aka "The Ramonster"(thanks Sir Tainly) - proud to be the official spokesman for the most noble Lady Bilqis, Desert Rose of Ironworks - equally proud to be Moiraine's "permanent advocate" !

Btw, the cow is queuing in the slaughterhouse right now !
Old 10-20-2001, 10:38 AM   #10
Jorath Calar
Harper

Heh, Zekke, it happens to me too, I wake up most mornings at 7am and then when I can sleep in, I still wake up at that blasphemous hour.
I think the human body gets into a "sleeping habbit" or something which it follows no matter what...even if it knows it can sleep in.
but what do I know

------------------