Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2000, 05:32 PM   #1
Satts
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I had just finished listening to the lich whine about being dead and immortal when I finally got a key i had been seeking. It allowed me to access the door in his study, and I drooled at the riches that awaited me, not that i really need them, just greedy is all. Well, off i went down the stairs and into the library when loe and behold another locked door barred my path! Bah, i've just gotten this key from the lich himself, no problems here...wrong. Trying desperatly to jam the wrong key into the whole I gave up, opting instead for my more than formidable Thief/Ninja to simply pick the lock. Inspecting the lock, his eyes narrowed and the frown he wore was one of that long ago in the graveyard crypt, i knew for certain we were in trouble. Sighing, he turned to me and said "This lock is far beyond my capabilities, are you sure you were useing the right key?" Looking in my bag, I noticed that I had kept every single key i'd found along my travels of the Gael. "Yup, it was this one..it's still got a piece of his rotted finger attached to it." well, it dosnt work. I'd heard tales in this tavern called Ironworks that a Vampire named Adrianna(sp?) possessed the key and that if i helped her, she would give me the key. *gulp* She lay dead on the floor in the castle. I thought to do the poor girl a favor and send her to her maker, along with the half dozen or so others that accomponied her. Running back to the battlefield, we scoured the ground looking for the key. Searching everywhere and praying it wasnt kicked into a hidden grate in the scuffle. Alas, no key was to be found, and the mystery of what lies beyond that library door remains that way still..will it be so forever?
Satts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2000, 11:47 PM   #2
thoon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Once the lock is jammed it will never open. Save before hand and juice your strongest character up with heroic might spells, four or five. After six or eight tries, he should break in. Reload if it jams.

If you complete the vampire's quest she will offer you a choice, one of which is a the key and the other of which is a ring. Break the the lock as above and take the ring IF you have the patch installed.
thoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2000, 03:49 AM   #3
Davros
Takhisis Follower

This is the level 12 lock we are talking about here? You try and pick it till it jams, then you use your 6th level lockpick skills with a level 5 lockpick that you buy from the pawn shop. Yes I know that adds up to 11 levels, not 12 - but it still worked for me!
Davros is offline   Reply With Quote