Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2002, 04:38 AM   #1
mu
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i was having so much fun,before i met belhifet!(or bro paq)i tried a lot to kill him.but i only made him 'barely injured'.and two iron golems kill half of my party.and three guys cant kill belhifet alone.
what must i do?
my party:
-paladin
-fighter
-mage
-thief
-fighter/mage
-druid
i cant cast any spells like haste or bless while golems poision my party.my mage dies first because of her low hit points.and belhifet has a magic resisstence.huh!
please,help!
mu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 09:00 AM   #2
TheGrandSlayer
Red Wizard of Thay

Hmmm,grim situation,y'all right when yoou enter the chamber and the fight begins, have the weak ppl step outside the circle (with the Jarred's stone engrave thing in the floor) and have them cast invisibility Radias 10 on them. then send your three best fighters against Befifet,I used that stratigy and I won,or your weaker characters could distract the golems,
PS
Does your party have Conlan's Hammer?That things great against golems
and do you have +3 weapons?
Old 07-31-2002, 09:09 AM   #3
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

MU, as you've discovered this is by no means an easy fight [img]graemlins/blueblink.gif[/img]

A few words of advice:
1. Do not waste your time casting protections, drinking potions, etc. before entering the room where Belhifet is waiting. His first combat action is to dispel all spell effects on your party. Save the spells and potions to use after this happens.

2. Do not engage him right away -- get your party to the edge of the chamber and stay on the edge of the circle if possible. The center is littereed with traps that will also dispel all spell effects on those who trigger them.

3. You should be using weapons of +3 enchantment or better for this fight.

4. I found it best to use my mage and cleric in support roles -- healing, hasting, casting resist fire, etc. rather than offensively because of Blehifet's high magic resistance.

5. Try to cycle your characters out of action to get healed to the extent you can. Use spells like invisibilty and sanctuary to protect your more vulnerable characters.

6. Belhifet has, I believe, about 300 hit points -- it's going to take a lot of pounding to finish him off.

Good luck with the battle!

[ 07-31-2002, 09:10 AM: Message edited by: Cyril Darkcloud ]
Old 07-31-2002, 06:46 PM   #4
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

In addition, Behlifet regenerates at an ALARMING rate. IIRC, his regen rate is something like 6 hps a round.

Your party looks sufficiently strong to take care of bad ol' Behlifet. Don't forget to use ranged weapons from the characters that can't stand toe to toe with him.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote